Forums > Social Chat > Home-made-Glowstick-Poi

Login/Join to Participate

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Can anyone give me any sugestions on how to make a good gripping device, aswell as any good way of attaching string to a glowstick?Attaching string to the glowstick i dont have a problem with realy.. and im sure a couple of good-ol' clips from Home Hardware will do the trick.But, I would like to make a decent gripping device.Right now, im just messing around with this stuff, am simply using a double-knoted loop. Im sure i dont have to tell you the problems with this:Finger burnsRope LoosensFingers Slip OutEtc....Any help would be awsome.Thnx guys.Thomas

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
I have a string attached to my poi at one end, and double knot'd to a piece of rope on the other end. The rope is tied together(the two ends), to form a knot. I hot glued all knots to ensure they would not unloosen. (Works good so far..) The rope handles are good to hold on to..if you make them large enough, you can loop it around two fingers to form a two-finger grip. I prefer mine small enough just for two fingers..------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Double loop nylon webbing handles attached to splitrings = no friction burns/blisters.

Are we nearly there yet?

EyeStormmember
54 posts

Posted:
I pretty much using Raver's method. I'm thinking of ordering some professional Poi (zuni sounds good, as you can attatch glowsticks and stuff easily) with the finger loops, those sound like they cause less blisters. smile

((m/)) --==EyeStorm==--

EyeStormmember
54 posts

Posted:
I pretty much using Raver's method. I'm thinking of ordering some professional Poi (zuni sounds good, as you can attatch glowsticks and stuff easily) with the finger loops, those sound like they cause less blisters. smile------------------((\m/)) --==EyeStorm==--

((m/)) --==EyeStorm==--