SpaheedaBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
Thats right! Fire Arts Lincoln needs people, either to help teach skills or for learning new ones. If there is anyone up for the experiance of learning new tricks either in circus skills or poi come along.

10 am – 6pm. Engine Shed over the next two days to sign up or contact this thred for any information.

See you there
Trudy juggle

PipJimnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
Hey, just moved to Lincoln and have been looking for somewhere to pratice and learn a few new things. Not at the uni but would quite like to come along if that's not too illegal. Wouldn't mind doing some informal teaching/exchanging of tricks either (only really competent at juggling though I also spin staff and unicycle and stuff a bit too.) Any details on when and where meetings take place?

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Hi I go to Lincoln only I'm at the Hull campus (about a half hour drive), just about to start my third year here, I run the fire meets up here. Im really interested in getting involved and can probably make trips down there too smile let me know.I'm pretty competent at staff double staff, poi, contact juggling and bar flairing and willing to teach smile

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

SpaheedaBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
Thank you for your reply. As you might know Hull is Linked to Lincoln so singing up wouldn't be a problem. I won't know the times and dates of sessions untill monday, then i will send you a copy if you like? I would be really happy if you could also help teach skills. We have equipment but others are welcome to bring theirs.

Trudy

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
awesome, I dont know if you've sorted days for when you'd like to run this club, but anytime sundays to tuesdays suits me wink

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Hull University has a juggling club, the president (Larry on HoP) should be able to tell you whether you Lincolners are welcome (I don't see why not!). Although we don't know the times of meets and whatnot...

By the way, don't be intimidated that I said juggling club, if past years are anything to go by I'll be the only juggler there, whereas there'll be plenty spinners.

frown
EDITED_BY: Lemonkey (1158508653)

Willy - is bad for your health...

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
BamBam says...... yayy coleman and I are coming to lincoln in two weeks time to visit the my family (I'm from Lincoln don't ya know).

Do you guys get together and spin/juggle/drop at the weekends at all? We only get up there on weekends, so give us a yell if you meet up smile

Smiles and Hugs

BamBam
xx

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

SpaheedaBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
Dates to be announced on monday so stay tuned!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
*expectant bump*

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
rolleyes

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
* second on the bump, need to know!!

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
* third on the bump, my parents live down the road!

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
* 4th bump *

My sister goes to uni there. She's not interested in juggling or spinning, but I wanted to join in redface

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

PipJimnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
5th Bump!
We could always set up an independent meet if there's no news....

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
6th bump, any news?

SpaheedaBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
I am sooooooooooo sorry about the lack of info at the moment. The head member of Fire Arts is trying to get a place sorted out to practice.
Should be the new engine shed, yay.
BTW hull people just contact your su about the society and they will be able to sign you up your end. cool.

i will be in touch, I'm hoping soon! sorry again about the shittyness of the planning.

Happy Halloween.

Trudy

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
*sigh* im a north devonite very lost in lincoln now, only been here a day but desperately need to meet some spinners big time! anything going on up here? huh huh huh?

*falls down stairs*

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

PipJimnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
I'm in Lincoln these days and as far as I know there's Absolutely nothing going on at the moment. Would be good to get some meets up and running. I'm more of a juggler than a spinner though I do occasionally allow my staff to see the light of day.