ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
I don't know if any one has posted about this before, or if any one is assosiated with them but the other night i saw there latest show.
and i must say it was fantastic they had a great combination of modern and tradtional circus and they also had relly good costumes and music. Another thing that i relly liked about there show was that it it relats to current isues around the world.

If they come your way i would recomend going to see there show.

Missie

ps.one of the girls in circus oz used this prop it was like two hoops next to each other with polls that join them you hold on to the poles and you role the hoops with you in side it looks like your doing a cartweel. i was wondering if any one knew what this was called or where i could get some information on said prop.

Pps. if that discription made no sense pleas tell me and i'll try again

[ 26. February 2003, 20:57: Message edited by: Missie ]

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
german wheel. we just had a little german wheel thread in the other toys area...

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
yeah, those are fun. Cirque du Solie has (or used to haveat least) a guy that is (was?) really good with it. They have other performers that use it, but I haven't seen any of his substitutes be nearly as entertaining with it as he was.

The beginning of the Jackie Chan movie "supercop" has a brief comical segment with one near the beginning.

I seem to remember seeing one out at Burningman that had some additional gimmick with it - motorized or some such thing - I can't really remember as that memory seems to be kinda fuzzy for some odd reason... I could in fact be imagining the whole exerience in this case.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
810 posts

Posted:
thanks for the info i really wan't to learn to use one of these german wheel thing'os they look relly fun i'll have to check out that thread

Missie

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Dosn't sid have something to do with circus Oz ?.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
wow, a giant hamster wheel. when one gets really good at said wheel, what can one do? I can only picture rolling around.

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
810 posts

Posted:
The girl at circus ozz did all this cool stuf on it like doing a roll over one of the side bars so that you thought that she would get squashed but then she filped aournd ar the last minut so she didn't. she also stod on top of it.

missie