flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Okay, thanks to the brilliant idea of Dom, I think I might invest in a pair of Swear Shoes, namely the Wolf style ones (tongue, eyes and ears). see Swear Shoes My old doofing boots died on the weekend.

However, before I go spend around AUD$250 I'd like to know if anyone has ever bought a pair or has any feedback to offer. That's a helluva lot of money to spend on shoes, and I'd like to know how comfortable and robust they are.... and whether they are too heavy to dance in for 8 hours.... and whether they are quality or rubbish.

Anyone?

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
bloody hell flash now i want a pair to

make me spend money that i dont have why dont you
lmao

feed back people what are they like

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I tromp round in my Buffalo boots all the time - They are pretty chunky and heavy Buff's

I can dance in em all night, I can stomp about in muddy field.. the soles are fire proof (well almost )

Sooo I reckon that Swears are about the same things, just different name.. I've actually been thinking of gettin a pair.. but car crash and old crumbling filling fixing - has put that out of my budget for this month.. but nuu dancin shoes for summer - I promise myself..

Do it - do it -do it!

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i have some, had them quite a while, give em a bashing when ever i do wear them which isnt that often, but their comfortable and look pretty kewl.

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Ooo, their sweet!!!!!
Get some jetty ones,*Hhmmmmm hairy*
I may have to buy my lil sister some, in size 12 so that i can wear them Hehehehehe

Non-Https Image Link

Sweet!!!
LOL
Taking it easy
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.
N.E.W.B. Agent #012
"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
I bought a pair of Swear shoes about ... oh...God.. 5 or 6 years ago. At Tred in the valley (briz)..

They've lasted all this time.. although I only wore them hardcore for about 2 years. They were brilliant.. made me a fair bit taller (I'm already 5'7" ..so I was huge in my books )

The soles would glow under UV... I could dance for ages...run down stairs ..run up stairs..without stacking it once... great balance, great grip.. oh and I only crashed once and that was because I was wayyyyyyyyyyy too wasted to even see 2 cm in front of my nose.

So it wasn't the shoes at fault! *defends the shoes vehemently* .. YA so anyways... get em I reckon..they're well worth it.. you'll be thanking yourself in 6 months, 1 year, 2 years... etc.

Wooohoooo new funky shoes...

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
Everything everyone said about swear shoes being fantastic. Except on the ones with velcro fasteners the velcro loses its ability to hold tight long before the shoes wear out, making accidents and sprained ankles a real danger, so I'd advise getting lace ups.

*edit* BTW it's Thistle, didn't realise SNOOPoi was logged in on our home computer

[ 28. February 2003, 00:54: Message edited by: SNOOPoi ]

THWACK!!!!
Liz_Ard: Ouch!
SNOOPoi: Thats just not the sound of someone doing it right!

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by s-p-l-a-t:

(I'm already 5'7" ..so I was huge in my books
You consider yourself tall at 5'7"? I can't imagine what Dom looks like in them than.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Check out these bad boys:

Non-Https Image Link

sharky sharky

Non-Https Image Link

Swear mmmmm, everyone should have some, They're great in the snow.
mine is some of the bigger big ones and i'm size 11 too
so i don't blow over in high winds.

[ 28. February 2003, 12:47: Message edited by: glass ]

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
Poiaholic...

For a chicky I consider myself tall when I wear my swear shoes and end up being somewhere nearing 6 foot. I don't tend to meet 6 foot chickies every day, ya know?

I had ones with zips up both sides of the tongue... they ended being great in the way they never just came undone or anything.

I would LOVE to see a huge tall guy wearing them... that'd be so cool

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
i loved those ones with the yellow souls

but have to save a lot of money before i can get them

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

tatttySILVER Member
158 posts

Posted:
I've got some swear shoes and i love em.they are quite heavy tho after a while, but much better than any others ive had!

Make your own happiness by making others happy [Ikeda]

*they used to read me stories, as though my dreams were boring*

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by s-p-l-a-t:

Poiaholic...

For a chicky I consider myself tall when I wear my swear shoes and end up being somewhere nearing 6 foot. I don't tend to meet 6 foot chickies every day, ya know?

DDDDDDOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Non-Https Image Link

Sorry thought you were a guy.Damn computers...

Non-Https Image Link

Yeah,I guess 6 foot chicks are pretty rare.

I'm gonna check out now before I say something equally as stupid.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
oooh splat
Aeon flux

quote:
S-p-l-a-t: I would LOVE to see a huge tall guy wearing them... that'd be so cool

Well I start at 6'1" before I put them on will that do?
but I aint huge, or nuffin, I'm just lil old me.

Becool
Drew

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
Wow.. really?

I don't know any tall guys that wear tall shoes at all... I can't think of a single time I've actually seen a guy gettin round like that either.

I think they make ppl look like manga characters... all legs and stuff. (Minus the broken-type skinny jaws and eyes that take up 50% of the area on your face of course)

Maybe, despite popular belief.. I HAVE led a sheltered life...

Post us a pic, Drew?

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
i dont like it when my boyfriend wheres his swear shoes unless i have my big shoes on too.
its quite intimidating when talking to him and my head only just reaches his shoulder - well perhaps not intimidating, i'm just not used to it

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

juliemack169Member
4 posts

Posted:
I love swear shoes no doubt.