Page:
MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I had THE FUNNIEST clinic today.

First was the 4-month old I saw. Mom says "his teeth are coming in!" Indeed...his teeth are coming in. Now, most 4-month-olds can't sit up and are just getting good head control. I put this kid on the table and he sits right up and looks at me and smiles. My face almost fell off. And then he was TICKLISH! I've never seen a 4-month-old who was ticklish! Amazing. He'll be walking at 9 months I swear. Never saw anything like it.

Next was the 4-year-old boy who looked at me with stoic eyes and said "I know the shot's gonna hurt, but I'll be brave because I know it's good for me." He was very brave about it, too.

Next was the ten-year-old boy who came in going "I don't see why my mom feels the need to bring me in to the doctor every time I have some virus!" Indeed, he had a virus. His response "Duh I have a virus! Runny noses are always viruses or allergies!" Woah. eek This kid went to medical school or what? Because that's exactly right.

Next was the mom who comes in and I notice that she's speaking to her 3-year-old daughter in some Asian language, which it turns out is Vietnamese. I congratulate her on this and encourage her to always speak to her daughter in Vietnamese, but she says that she's concerned that her daughter speaks Vietnamese just fine but not English. At this point the kid looks at me and says "Do you have stickers? Can I have one? What kind do you have? Do you have Dora?" I was like "OK, mom, I think we'll be just fine with the English!" I did, indeed, have Dora stickers.

Last case was a 12-year-old girl who just started her period a couple of months ago. Quoth she: "It's not all it's cracked up to be!" ubblol

I love kids. ubblol ubblove biggrin

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

lilith_in_londonSILVER Member
149 posts

Posted:
ubblove ooh much cuteness! how come they're not like this where i work??

it looks like you love your job... that's lovely smile

c'est pas nous qui sommes à la rue, c'est la rue kétanou!

1st official camden town (uk) meet 21st october! see the events bit

[noodles]*Property of Pigeon Wigeon*
893 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Doc

"It's not all it's cracked up to be!"

ubblol Classic

Could somebody stop the room please... I'd like to get off

WOFTSILVER Member
Likes trees...
209 posts

Posted:
i like children that belong to other people. That way, I can play with them when they are nice, and give them to their parents when they aren't. I don't feel a calling to pediatrics yetubblol

'n Boer maak 'n plan.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
In the words of my grandmother when looking at a baby: "Blessed animal... Glad it's not mine!"

-Mike

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I swear dora the explorer is taking over the world. Taj LOVES her and my friends two year old daughter is already speaking some spanish because of dora....

plus the theme song plays through my head ALL the time...espically when Im trying to sleep.

cute kids! 4 months old and already sitting up?!?! whoa! eek

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

DragosaniGOLD Member
sunset seadragon
679 posts

Posted:
I remember clearly the day that my sister started her period for the first time. (there's a 12 year difference between us)
It must have hurt a bit and she had to be introduced to everything it involves - hygiene etc... - by her mother.
I was at my fathers that day and I remember that when she came down, hate just radiated from her eyes. She burst out in tear and started screaming that she hated us and all men and that it was not fair and that we were all bloody b*stards.
My father and me just looked at each other, sheepishly shuffling our feet, not knowing how to handle that...

We're a few years later now and things have changed quite a bit. If she has a particularly heavy period I can sense it in her and I know when to feed her chocolate and heat up the cherish pip cushion. She then growls her gratitude, which is a BIG improvement ! ! ! biggrin

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” - Oscar Wilde
Jointly owned by FreyaJ, Birgit and Aurinko

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
that's some serious pms, not even i'm that bad...

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Doc Lightning

I had THE FUNNIEST clinic today.

First was the 4-month old I saw. Mom says "his teeth are coming in!" Indeed...his teeth are coming in. Now, most 4-month-olds can't sit up and are just getting good head control. I put this kid on the table and he sits right up and looks at me and smiles. My face almost fell off. And then he was TICKLISH! I've never seen a 4-month-old who was ticklish! Amazing. He'll be walking at 9 months I swear. Never saw anything like it.

Maybe i'm just not a kid kind of person, but that doesn't make me think cute, in fact i have a rather scary image in my head of a baby with far too many teeth, grinning a scary kind of cheshire cat grin... Although i'm sure in reality that's not how it was...

do you think you've had a run of child prodigys? they all seem pretty smart biggrin

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
 Written by: NOn

Maybe i'm just not a kid kind of person, but that doesn't make me think cute, in fact i have a rather scary image in my head of a baby with far too many teeth, grinning a scary kind of cheshire cat grin... Although i'm sure in reality that's not how it was...

See, i really like kids, but i know what your saying! its like stewy off family guy -

" damn you woman, give me back my raygun!"

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

TabtI Doubt, Therefore I Might Be
1,007 posts

Posted:
Dora meet 87wt2gxq7...

Non-Https Image Link

87wt2gxq7 meet Dora...shes an Explorer biggrin

Owner of Dragosani's right side.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Walking at 9 months? Is that unusual? Cos I walked at 10 months.

sorry! i'm an only child so never had siblings to figure these things out with redface

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Kids are so awesome, I never thought so till I had my own! ubblove

Yes walking at 9 months is quite early Rouge, something to do with development of the pelvis I think? You can't walk (or possibly crawl too) till the pelvis is ready, I think around 1 year or just over is pretty average for walking.

Edan still can't sit up normally and he's over one now!! He goes from his back to his front and then backs up onto his butt, he can't do it from lying on his back. The little cutie has only just started crawling too, will be a while before he walks unaided I think although he loves walking his little push car around.

Lightning you say being ticklish at 4 months is weird? I remember Edan being ticklish pretty much straight after birth, certainly by 6 weeks we tickled him quite often and he loved it, so seriously, is that not normal or something?

Let's relight this forum ubblove

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Dunc, "ticklish" is not a developmental milestone, but normally the littlest babies aren't ticklish.

Today I had a 5yo boy who was a very talkative, precocious kid. I said "Wow, you're five?"

His very matter-of-fact response: "Yeah, but I know; I look six." ubblol

-Mike

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Rouge Dragon

Walking at 9 months? Is that unusual? Cos I walked at 10 months.

sorry! i'm an only child so never had siblings to figure these things out with redface

Walking is usually 10-14 months. If they aren't walking at 14 months, I'm worried. They should be pulling themselves up to stand by 9 months.

One of the best parts of my job is watching these newborns grow into little people and put themselves together into walking, talking, human beings.

-Mike

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Taj is walking now! Yesterday he took 6 steps in a row... the cute, lift your leg as high as you can, kind of steps... He is just 14 months, (by a day now) a friend of mines baby wasnt walking until 18 months...
Tajs gives big sloppy kisses and high fives now too. He also has this thing for putting EVERYTHING (remotes carkeys telephones) into his little baby shopping trolley (a real metal one!) and wlaking it around... so so cute.

arrrghhh anyway Im wayyy off topic and into shameless baby promotion now... sorry! redface

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
*hnnnnnnnn*

*hnnnnnnnnnnnnn*

*hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn*

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Valura

Taj is walking now! Yesterday he took 6 steps in a row... the cute, lift your leg as high as you can, kind of steps... He is just 14 months, (by a day now) a friend of mines baby wasnt walking until 18 months...

That baby has a developmental delay and needs to be seen by a pediatrician. And a pediatrician who won't blow it off as "oh, he's fine." Seriously.

Written by:

Tajs gives big sloppy kisses and high fives now too. He also has this thing for putting EVERYTHING (remotes carkeys telephones) into his little baby shopping trolley (a real metal one!) and wlaking it around... so so cute.

Taj, on the other hand does not sound like he has a developmental delay. In fact, he sounds like he's ADORABLE, very cute, and very developmentally appropriate. And I can't wait to meet him in March!

Except...I thought he took his first steps a few weeks ago?

Written by:

arrrghhh anyway Im wayyy off topic and into shameless baby promotion now... sorry! redface

Well the thread is about cute kids. Are you saying that talking about Taj in a thread like this is off-topic? ARE YOU SAYING YOUR SON ISN'T CUTE??? HUH? wink hug ubblove ubblol

-Mike

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
A friend of mine's baby didn't walk till it was well over 2!! It started to walk at about 16 months, then changed it's mine and didn't bother again until about 26 months!!

Yey for shameless baby promotion ubbrollsmile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
mum reckons I crawled straight out the door and into the street @ 4 months old... no idea when I started walking

lachie, my 2nd youngest, was pulling himself up on the furniture and "attempting" to walk @ 9 months, but his legs weren't up to the task... used to come down like a tree being felled... his whole body dead straight just came crashing down every time... we used to have to put cushions around him to break his fall, cos he wouldn't stop doing it

didn't take him long after that to figure it out though... determined lil bugga

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
thankyou for posting that. It brought a big smile to my face smile

thanks doc hug

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

nonenonenoneSILVER Member
129 posts

Posted:
aww bless them! kids can be so sweet!!
I was with a 4 month old girl today, shes very sweet and loves sitting up, but can't manage it on her own yet!
aparantly me and my three brothers were all walking (as in could walk accross a room) by 10 months! i always thought that was a bit early!

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
Goddess bless YOU, darlin,' for taking care of children and really loving them in the process!!!

hug hug hug

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

DavidJNolanPrecision instrument of speed and aromatics
240 posts

Posted:
My God... how did HOP suddenly become a stomping ground for the excessively broody and sentimental?

I don't get the whole children thing at all. Can't stand them.
... although they are pretty good deep fried tongue

Not a spinner!

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I love kids as long as I can give them back at the end of the day! biggrin

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
I was exactly the same till I had kids of my own...

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
...now I wanna give em back at the beginning of the day

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
 Written by: FreyaJ

Dora meet 87wt2gxq7...

Non-Https Image Link

87wt2gxq7 meet Dora...shes an Explorer biggrin

I wouldn't mind Dora if she'd just stop yelling at me.

"I GET IT DORA! IT'S NOT THAT DIFFICULT! WE OBVIOUSLY DON'T WANT TO GO THROUGH THE LAKE WITH THE FRIGGIN ALIGATORS!!! STOP YELLING!!!"

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Dragosani

If she has a particularly heavy period I can sense it in her and I know when to feed her chocolate and heat up the cherish pip cushion.

I'm impressed. Your sister trains you pretty good

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

DragosaniGOLD Member
sunset seadragon
679 posts

Posted:
yeah, she's got a way with getting what she want...
But then again, that is what older brothers are for, innit?
biggrin

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” - Oscar Wilde
Jointly owned by FreyaJ, Birgit and Aurinko

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pogo69

...now I wanna give em back at the beginning of the day

I know exactly how you feel!

Brandi is horrible about getting up in the mornings to get ready for school. By the time she's actually up and ready to go, I need a Valium...or two! biggrin ubbloco

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

Page: