ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
For those of you who know me well, I am more than slighly obsessed with the band the Tea Party, they recently broke up which devastated me... (yes Cole I am even more obsessed with The Tea Party than Tool *giggles*)

Then the lead singer Jeff Martin decided to go solo with accompanyment the Toronto Tabla Ensomble and he is touring Aussie at the moment....I purchased tickets to go to last nights gig in Byron and also the gig in Brissie on sunday....

Well to make a long story short I yet again wrangled my way in to meet him. (maybe the fourth or fifth time meeting the dood where there is a will there is a way...and Im damn detirmined when I wanna be)
Arsn suggested to him that we would love to do an exchange of energy and in return for the awesome gig he had given us we would like to spin for him... to which he replied...get this...
"why dont you come and spin at the show on sunday?"

This was meet with total stunned slience and then a resounding

"OH MY GOD YES!!" ubblol ubblol ubblol

So tomorrow night arsn and I have been asked to spin fire at my IDOLS concert and funnily enough to the song that originally inspired me to spin fire to start with... "save me"

*is in total shock and happier than could ever be*

Jeff Martin Site

Please excuse my bad spelling Im exhausted from only having a few hours sleep.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
biggrin

bounce

How exciting! You know you've earnt this, right?

Its about time something totally random and amazing happened for you guys!

hug

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

lilith_in_londonSILVER Member
149 posts

Posted:
woooww.... valura that's amazing! i don't know the first thing about jeff martin but i'm obsessed with music (like Tool biggrin) and I can only imagine how much this means to you guys!

have fun and "rock on", as it were... enjoy!

c'est pas nous qui sommes à la rue, c'est la rue kétanou!

1st official camden town (uk) meet 21st october! see the events bit

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
oh. my. god!

Kristy that is so amazingly totally massive fricking omg damn COOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
hnnnn my friend just had a private lesson thing with him..he won it...so many weird instuments that I don't know hte name of...but thats so exciting for you bounce

hug me!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
YAY for your friend Ezz! I enetered that comp too! How was it? did he have fun? tell me all about it! ubblol ubblol ubblol

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
hehehe yeh he loved it! I haven't had a chance to speak to him properly though, but he posted some photos and stuff here If you wanted to see.. smile

Will we get to see photos to? biggrin

hug me!

TabtI Doubt, Therefore I Might Be
1,007 posts

Posted:
thats sooo happy!!! bounce

enjoy and dont forget to show us all the photos!!

:greenfacewithenvy: biggrin

Owner of Dragosani's right side.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
wave that was an awesome gig! biggrin thanks so much for convincing me to go chicken!!! hug i have 3 photos up so far on my flickr site (there's a link in my profile) - i was going to put them in here but my computer keeps being stupid...

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
uhm, you guys tell Jeff to get back home, Canada needs him...

No fair to have some of our best talent all off wandering the world!

So excited for you! I too am obsessed with the Tea Party, and much inspired to dance to their music... Would sooooo love to meet him. Kiss hom for me, will ya? And tell him to come visit me on Salt Spring? wink

*I just had a crazy thought, wonder what would happen if Jeff Martin and Ganga Giri somehow got together to jam? Can someone arrange that please? It would be very interesting to be sure... lol*

Have a fabulous time spinning, enjoy en- JOY!!!!!!

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."