Matt Goehler
~eoipoi~
rope dart

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Hi, You might like to try looking [Old link]

I also found all [Old link] by typing rope dart into the search engine. Its at the top of the page between 'main index' and 'my home'.

I hope that helps hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
corrrrr skully your on the ball tonight ubblol TELL then newbies!!!!

AavaniBRONZE Member
24 posts

Posted:
Yeah I have read all the threads on ropedart here at HOP, and I have seen a few vids with martial artists. I was hoping to hear from fire preformers, and was hoping interested people would post reply.I had hoped that trolls wouldnt show up pointing out old posts like all the other threads on this site. Lets stick on the topic and actually put some descent info in this thread!

**edit** please excuse my tone....I just dont like to be patronized like everyone else in the world:)

I know a lot of you guys have been here for a while and made it a point to "tell them newbs" where to find things in the nicest way possible. It's almost like a pat on the back followed by a "better luck next time" It is really unnecessary frown
EDITED_BY: Aavani (1157749037)

Matt Goehler
~eoipoi~
rope dart

AavaniBRONZE Member
24 posts

Posted:
I will attempt to explain what I mean I will try and describe the movement. Spinning the rope counter-clockwise I let one pass go over my head and around my neck. On the second pass I lift my right arm and let the second one go under my armpit and over my shoulder. Once the rope makes a full pass around my arm and starts with the second (at the point the rope is swinging back upward again) I pivot 90 degrees counterclockwise also. This will cause the rope to spin pretty damn fast and unwrap the rope from your neck and arm. If you repeat the process (in reverse of course) you can spin back and fourth using this technique. I have just gotten to where I can move well with this one like a high knee as you turn. I also think this can be done with a cool kick involved but have not tried it yet.

Any other similar wraps I have tried thus far resulted in a nice whack to the shins (or worse yet) a stranglehold due to rope tension.

I have seen a few moves that resemble what I am doing here in actual rope dart videos but those cats are way to fast to see where the rope/dart are going and I would prefer to actually use moves that make the fire move well also.

Matt Goehler
~eoipoi~
rope dart

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I'm not sure how to tell you this without you thinking that i'm patronising you, but you won't get many replies to your question in here. I really suggest you try the technical section of the forum because that's where the people go to look for requests like yours and where you are more likely to find better videos, advice and tutorials.

The threads that float around here are overwhelmingly silly and insane and anything technical is very likely to get lost (not to mention unseen by a lot of HoP's great teachers who avoid this section like the plague because they are worried that insanity is contagious. which, i assure you it is around here)

Alternatively, you can buy COL and check out Ataxia cos he is cool and kickarse with a ropedart biggrin

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Jeez I give up! I try to be helpful and I get called a troll.

and Ravehead

Written by: ravehead

corrrrr skully your on the ball tonight TELL then newbies!!!!

I don't look at peoples status before I reply. Stop trying to stir up yet another newbies/old school arguement. It's not needed and it's somewhat childish don't you think?

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
If skully hadnt put me on egnore ide assure her ravehead's post was quite clearly not serious in the slightest. Shes been on hop longer than me she should understand that by now.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

daviyboySILVER Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
www.youtube.com/user/rollingfiredragon

letitburnslacker of biblical proportions
44 posts

Posted:
i met rollingfiredragon in toronto es fuckin insane same with his buddies

float like a butterfly and sting like when i pee

letitburnslacker of biblical proportions
44 posts

Posted:
the moon kick is bad ass

float like a butterfly and sting like when i pee

TABjugglerSILVER Member
26 posts

Posted:
So I couldn't find the "official rope dart thread" and I found a thread for pretty much every other prop I was looking for.

Which one is the good rope dart thread?