Forums > Social Discussion > This one is highly disturbing

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
News by CNN

Don't want to drag this smut into the HoP-forum, pls read the corresponding article there... Pls do so only after a good and solid breakfast.

Find me speechless eek eek eek eek

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
It's the uncle that I would personally love to draw and quarter!!!

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Somehow I am amazed: Are we seperating into the stereotypical "perpetrator and victim" here? I can't quite share this view. IMHO this is more complex and all participants urgently need psychological assistance/ theraphy. This event will remain in their memories and certainly effect their future.

Fyrespirit I understand your position, but it's two dimensional... This will neither heal the scars in the participants' minds and hearts, nor prevent something like it from happening again.

Further I find it extremely scary that Fellatio is considered "not sex" in the minds of many youngsters. Ultimatively this opens the gate for further spread of HIV or other STD's.

JTFreeman: I like your post...

Mascotenthusiast
301 posts

Posted:
My first reaction to the article was revulsion (in common with most people I would hope) and then anger. What those men did is sick and wrong.

Once my initial feelings had passed I asked myself what could be done to prevent such things in the future. This particular thing has already happened and no amount of criminal justice can undo it. The arguements for criminal justice are that it will deter others would be rapists in the future, and keep these particular rapists off the streets.

Unfortunately with so many people in this world, there will always be a tiny minority who are willing and capable of paedophilia and rape and that little can be done to stop them. We simply cannot protect every child from every potential paedophile.

The questions we should be asking are "Is this an isolated case or symptomatic of a wider problem"?

"Is this problem getting worse or better"?

"What can be done about this (within reason)"?
EDITED_BY: the boy g (1158072694)

Walls may have ears but they don't have eyes

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
 Written by: FireTom

Somehow I am amazed: Are we seperating into the stereotypical "perpetrator and victim" here? umm I can't quite share this view. IMHO this is more complex and all participants urgently need psychological assistance/ theraphy. This event will remain in their memories and certainly effect their future.

Fyrespirit I understand your position, but it's two dimensional... This will neither heal the scars in the participants' minds and hearts, nor prevent something like it from happening again.

Further I find it extremely scary that Fellatio is considered "not sex" in the minds of many youngsters. Ultimatively this opens the gate for further spread of HIV or other STD's.

JTFreeman: thankx I like your post...

I know that my attitude doesn't help anything.

It' the instinctual, gut reaction of a mother.
Nothing more, nothing less.

In this case, I don't care to analyze and interpret.
As a criminal justice student I know what will probably be the results in this case. That doesn't mean I have to like it.

You cannot understand the fierce protectiveness of a mother unless you are one.

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
hug @ fyrespirit - no offence! I truely have all kinds of compassion for you and your reaction, trust me on this one. I do have a 4yr old daughter...

@ boy g: those, who participated in this event have been minors of age 15 +/- Certainly the role of this 40yr old man will be considered... umm mad2 censored

I am not implicating that I trust the informations given in the article, but if they are correct, there was no rape - she "performed" out of free will...

Even more disturbing......... frown

Meeko_KiddoSILVER Member
journeyman
84 posts

Posted:
 Written by: jtfreeman

Parents make mistakes, but the biggest one as far as I am concerned would be in not becoming one if the chance were to arise.

Wow, that is the BEST statement I think I have heard in a long time. Im not a perfect parent by any means, but I look back and think of the choices I could of made when I became pregnant at 19... and I do not believe that adoption or abortion would of ever been the correct choice for me... because being a parent is the best experience that I can ever have, and I would never change it for the world.

Triptoemember
71 posts

Posted:
eek eek eek so sick and sooo wrong!! i can't believe it!!!

-I love goats and cheesecake-

Page: