Forums > Social Chat > Proof that the Aussie girls got it right

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
I saw this on the news and couldn't help but do a search on it.

Trust me just click here. Could there be any other way to protest ???

Nude not Nuke !

Or even better "the bush against Bush protest"

[ 26. February 2003, 13:11: Message edited by: poiaholic22 ]

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Nope, not ignorance, I just decided that I had nothing left to say.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
blinded by ignorance
defend by contempt
muted by reality
we stager through life trying to force personal apinions apon free thinking minds
that need their own space to learn,
to expand
instead we are forced to conform to set ideals of conservative minds

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
So much for enjoying the beauty of topless protesting platypi...

Raph

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by DaiTenshi:

And another thing, if I have to hear another drop out compare Bush to Hitler,

Silly boy,I was referring to this and being a smart-@$$. I am well aware of the differences between Hitler and G.W.Read the sig ... that's all I can say is read the sig.

Also I was not trying to insult your intelligence. I was making a broad observation.If you don't believe me than go take a walk in the local mall and ask every person you pass if they know who Kim Jong Il is.

Do the majority of protesters take pot-shots at the people charged with protecting them.I highly doubt that.There are extremists on all levels and in all forums but they rarely represent the majority.

All those extremist left wing conspiracy theorists are gonna have a boatload more reasons to compare G.W. and Hitler if we actually do what I keep hearing about though.

[ 07. March 2003, 17:34: Message edited by: poiaholic22 ]

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
who ray for platapy boobies

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

2,905 posts

Posted:
If you think Bush and Hitler have things in common, read the 9/11 post started by NYC. There you will see facts as to why a comparison between the two is so farfetched

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:

It isn't a conspiracy if it is done in the open. The fact that the nightly propaganda, I mean news, doesn't talk about it, doesn't make it a secret. That is why we have the internet, and news papers, and satalite TV. SO we can watch other country's TV and see what we in the USA are missing. So we can do our own research and find out how much we are missing by simply watching the nightly news. They tell us on there "we tell you everything important, everything you need to know" but that is a big lie. They spend all day talking about one little murder, or some other bullsh@t, when the world is dieing around us. Our news talks about OJ simpson, when the BBS is telling us how much our gov knew about 911 BEFOR it happened. Most people here rely on cnn pbs abc nbc and fox. Of those only fox comes close to reporting unbiased news. Who owns the TV companies? rich people do. Why would the owners have stuff reported that would hurt their own intrests? Blaming it all on bush is bull also, this stuff was going on way befor he was elected. It has gone on for all history. One of these days we might wake up and realize how sheltered and missled we are, but I doubt it. We have "freedom" here right? we have the ability to tell our leaders what to do, right? but what if our decisions are based on incomplete information? Information that has been carefully tailored and censored to lead us into making the "correct" cecision. If we are given incomplete info, how can we truely make a good decision. Sure, we will make a decision, and we will feel good about it, and we will say "see, I control my own destiny" but do we? And even if I read and learn about what is realy going on in the world, most sheep, I mean people, do not.

During WWII.....I have to go now, I'll continue the history leason latter.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
So what makes you think you aren't a sheep?

Your still getting all your information from western sources in capitalist pro-war with iraq countries.

2,905 posts

Posted:
Where should we get our news then?

I mean, right now we are better off than our parents were, atleast we have more research tools at our disposal. If we truly wish to find our own information we can.

Everything is propiganda, just remember that.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
quote:

Everything is propiganda, just remember that.

That's my point.

Im not saying you can't have an informed opinnion on anything because everything is lies, that's just absurd. I was just pointing out that maybe you should consider your sources. You know there is tons of liberal bias in some of the media to.

Since I assume you are liberal it is a lot harder to see the biases which correspond with your political orientation.

2,905 posts

Posted:
I am neither conservitive nor liberal, I think on my own.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:

no more please

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by flash fire:

no more please

Not even platypi boobies??

Raph

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
*sigh* another thread that descends into inane bickering and 'point scoring'....
and I thought this site was a celebration of all things poi...

hey, please can we try keeping the swearing to a minimum boys and girls?... it really doesn't prove your point any more than slagging off someone for something they cannot help, and just lowers the tone of an otherwise friendly site...

Respect to the 750 ladies who came together for another unique form of demonstrating solidarity.
The point of these demonstrations is to show that these people care and are concerned right? Nakedness is just a way to 'be seen' - a TV station or newspaper would hardly write about 750 peeps who got together...but if they do it naked!! etc...

While I'm here...can we start a thread about "Why the US Army is/isn't The Bomb" and you guys can battle it out (har har) there (I might even chip in a little) it may help prevent the infection of the rest of the threads here.
ta
dave

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I am not a sheep because I make an effort to learn about what is going on in the world from sorces other than "main stream". And because I am a student of history. By learning history one is often able to deduce patterns in human behavior. If you know enough about history it makes it easier to "read between the lines" of the information we are given.

If a person reads enough about what has happened in the past, things that are currently happening will make more sence, and the motives behind our leaders actions will become (more) clear.

One major point, is that history has often become "unclassified" over the years. Where as current events are often heavily censored. By observing the patterns of history it is often possible to deduce the motives behind the actions of world leaders.

things like money, power, poverty, wealth, control, greed, love, hate, freedom, etc. It is a very long list. I'll let you make your own deductions though.

2,905 posts

Posted:
History is generaly written by the victors.

Some lines are easier to read between. You can profile a person and their actions, be it military or political, but things are not always as they seem. I must admit though that profiling is often very accurate.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Lately history is being written by revisionists who tend to just do whatever they can to go agaisnt the grain. Regardless if it's good history or not.

2,905 posts

Posted:
Huh? Where did you pull that from? Must have been the same research that says that the average IQ of a Marine is 80!

Or perhaps you meant something different. I'll give you the benifit of the doubt that you didnt quite say what you meant to.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
no, it is true, there are a lot of people who are rewriting history to reflect their own view point. But, we must remember that history is almost always writen from a certain point of view. I think Obiwan Kenobie said it best.

"so, what I told you was true, from a certian point of view"

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
The correct spelling is "Obi-Wan Kenobi."

And you call yourself a Jedi...

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

2,905 posts

Posted:
Can you show me where you have seen history re-written?

I mean did the war of 1812 really happen in 1813 but they changed the date because they didnt like the number 13?

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
A good example is in 1900 american historians wrote that the american revolution was about the god loving americans being opressed by the terrible imperialistic british, who were rapeing their babies and eatting their wives. Those bastard british.

In 1930 people started saying the american revolution was all about money. Aristocrat yanks found a way to make more money and they duped the american people into going along with this revolution thing.

That was 1930 and it was immensly popular and sold a lot of books. Today there is even more money to be made selling books so you have half assed historians comeing up with half assed history to sell more books. Sometimes these historians get hired as professors and end up teaching their bullshit onto to future historians.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
In the 1940's the USA imprisoned Japanese immigrants and Americans of Japanese descent. The history books written soon afterwards (and untill just recently) called it justifiable.

A few years ago it was decided that it was just plain paranoia, and was totaly unjustified. At which point they were given money to compensate for their lost property and emmotional suffering.

Not the history books that are writen today reflect this new view point.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
being Jedi is a journey, not a destination.

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by santanatrue:

being Jedi is a journey, not a destination.
Bah,I would rather be a Sith.They get all the cool weapons.
Non-Https Image Link

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by santanatrue:
In the 1940's the USA imprisoned Japanese immigrants and Americans of Japanese descent. The history books written soon afterwards (and untill just recently) called it justifiable.

A few years ago it was decided that it was just plain paranoia, and was totaly unjustified. At which point they were given money to compensate for their lost property and emmotional suffering.

Not the history books that are writen today reflect this new view point.

with the way the bush goons are acting at the mo will this also happen with the iraqis living in the USA. they are already asking countrys to expel the iraqi diplomats (at this stage only the australien gov has don this)

2,905 posts

Posted:
Umm any country can expell any diplomat, heck if the British diplomat and Bush didnt get along for some reason or another he could get kicked out.

I dont see any fact in your example Astar, but maybe it wasnt meant to be factual.

Santanatrue, the first time I heard about the treatment of Japanesse imagrants/American citizens was in 9th grade, 7 years ago. Even then they were saying it was a wrong thing to do. Parinoia does wierd things to people. I cant say it was justified but I can say that if I were parinoid like that then I would see it as a plausable soloution to what ended up being a nonexistant problem.

Dont forget hindsight is 20/20

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
very true hind sight is 20/20

But even at the time it happened (1940's) the us gov almost immeadiatly asked the "prisoners" to help them fight the japanese (and especialy as translators), and fight in Europe, where I have read they fought very bravely. Yet their property was not given back to them or their families when they got home. The gov took it and that was that.

untill almost 50 years latter. Shamefull. Maybe it was paranoia, but paranioa sometimes is justified. Obviousely not in the the japanese case, as history has proved. Most of the Arabs here are supposed to be peaceful (that is what the say anyways and most of the ones I know are pretty friendly people, and very peaceful) Yet who knows who the bad ones are? How many sleeper cells are there in the usa? 1000? If someone is not yet a USA citizen, then technicaly they do NOT have a right to be here. This is the land of the free, and we are supposed to be an example to others, right? But, if we are the only ones who are enlightened, and our enemies want to do us harm, what are we to do? turning you back on a ma with a gun is never a good idea. If there are 1 million arabs here in the USA, and 5,000 of them have the power to kill millions of americans, should we send them ALL back? It is a difficult problem, one that (luckily) I am not responsible for solving.

I want peace and freedom in the world, I want people to be able to move about freely, and I want greedy and weathy countries to stop being so selfish with their wealth. If we could educate the world with knowledge of how to make their own countries a better place, then most of our problems could be solved. If we could stop sucking natural resources off of the poor and underdeveloped countries, and instead teach them how they too could help them selves, then maybe the world would be better off.

Ok, I am babbling now. And starting to rant. I will shut up now.

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
the american ambasitor in austraia has twice in resent months public interfeired in the australian goverment and he is still the ambasidor here

the diplomat from iraq has done nothing publicaly and there is very shaky resons as to why he was asked to leave australia and he was removed

2,905 posts

Posted:
bud I cant tell you why the American embasidor is still there, but all I can say is that they can be invited and sent away at a whim and there is nothing wrong with it.

Page: