Forums > Social Chat > 2006 (Field) Hockey World Cup - Germany

Login/Join to Participate

WOFTSILVER Member
Likes trees...
209 posts

Posted:
Any hockey players out there following this? South Africa play the Dutchies tonight. The game is being televised in South Africa, so I get to see my big brother on TV . This is nice, as I didn't crack an invite with my parents to go and support him in Germany.

My money was on Netherlands to take the cup, but as they lost to Korea 2-3 today, I'll stick with Spain. I cannot bring myself to support the Australians (nothing personal, just the tradition of rivalry tongue)

Match schedules and results (the tournament started yesterday) are all on the Official website.

Non-Https Image Link

'n Boer maak 'n plan.

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Germany all the way smile

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

WOFTSILVER Member
Likes trees...
209 posts

Posted:
We play Germany tomorrow. If we win, I will let you know. If we don't... well, i'll probably be sulking so won't post for a while rolleyes

'n Boer maak 'n plan.

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
I ain't sure whether I should support Germany or the Netherlands. Generally speaking, I prefer to support Finland, but unfortunately they don't participate in that many international competitions.

Apart from the Eurovision Song Contest, of course

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006