• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Am i learning fast enough ??

Login/Join to Participate

Dream_Catcher

Dream_Catcher

Total posts: 6
Posted:i m just training on poi for 5 days and i can do (2 beats, 3 beats, 5 beats) waves forwards and i can do (2 beats and 3 beats) backwards.. i can also do low and high turns and tuck turn.. and also cork screw. and i m working on chasing the sun allready.. ? is it normal or fast or slow ?? i dont have a clue confused please help me weavesmiley

Your shadow is my Dream.. and my Dream is your nightmare..

Delete Topic

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:It doesnt matter how fast you are learning just as long as you are enjoying it.
If you enjoy it, you will progress much quicker than if you dont.

weavesmiley

Delete

Dream_Catcher

Dream_Catcher

Posted:I think thats the motivation i need smile smile thanks moon smile

Delete

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:Most welcome ubbrollsmile

Delete

Kenetor
SILVER Member since Aug 2006

Total posts: 16
Posted:wow 5 beat already, i cant do that yet!
bet you cant put your poi down either, i couldn't for the first few weeks, only just starting to slow down now lol
oh and get nicks DVD scales of poi, its awesome!

Kenetor

Delete

pineapple pete
SILVER Member since Sep 2004

pineapple pete

water based

Total posts: 5125
Posted:yeah, your zooming through, 5beat took me forever tongue

cheers, pete hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Delete

zombiedale
BRONZE Member since Jul 2006

zombiedale

Total posts: 31
Posted:Still can't get 5 beat myself. Finally managed to get 3 beat reverse weave so now i can move between the forward and reverse using windmills to so i can do fountains.

Lots of fun. As long as you get a kick out of it i think thats important.

And as the skin rips off i cherish the revolting thought That even if i quit There's not a chance in hell i'd stop- The Dresden Dolls

The truth no matter who it hurts - Transmetropolitan by Warren Ellis

Delete

Mr_widd

Mr_widd

eat my face before i eat yours

Total posts: 253
Posted:i dunno what it is but i know a few people who have started very recently and there at a stage it took me ages to get to within a few weeks. its all very cooolio, just shows that i am teaching well ubbloco but like UCOF said, just enjoy and you will become lots better and more comfortable with the poi. just relax and things will become sooo much fun.

Delete

_Poiboy_
GOLD Member since Jan 2004

_Poiboy_

bastard child of satan

Total posts: 1113
Posted:i know you're learning faster than i did. 5 beats took me about a month. good luck and enjoy it smile

Delete

TotalEclipse
GOLD Member since Aug 2006

Total posts: 120
Posted:I went from zero to 5-beat in about a week and a half, although the 5-beat still slips occasionally. But then, I had nothing to do all day, so I spent around 3 hours a day doing it biggrin

Delete

shen shui
SILVER Member since Jan 2005

shen shui

no excuses. no apologies.

Total posts: 1799
Posted: Written by: Dream_Catcher

I think thats the motivation i need smile smile thanks moon smile

heeeeh.... he called you moon!

biggrin

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.

Delete

JayKitty
GOLD Member since Nov 2004

JayKitty

Mission: Ignition

Total posts: 534
Posted:Five beats took me almost a year to learn, there was also a time in there that I stopped spinning for a few months, so that set me back, but getting the five beat that fast is impressive.

Odd though how you're just now learning chasing the sun after the five beat. Nice job though.

Don't mind me, just passing through.

Delete

Dream_Catcher

Dream_Catcher

Posted:hehe smile thanx to all... i learned and created few tricks myself.. and when i came back home i saw they are in the free lessons page of this page.. so my arms in full of pain.. i guess i m not goin to flip poi about few days.. but i saw 5 beat forwards is too difficult for everyone but i can to it.. smile itss all about motivation and believe yourself.. and hey dont be afraid from the pain.. i havent got any hits from 12 (origin of male pain) so just try it slowly

Delete