Forums > Social Chat > Corronation Street is boring

Login/Join to Participate

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Corronation Street (a long running british soap) is so boring and pointless to watch. why do people sit through it letting it rott there brains? Like the other soaps (allthough I think this is the worst for it) its full of bad 'street speak', a term for when someone wants to swear but because its on at about 7:30 in the evening they come out with words like...

Bloody Norah! Flippin Eck, you silly cow! When we all know the average person even up north does not speak like that.

The plots (if you could call them that) are so dull and mundane, why on earth do people want to sit down and listen to bad actors (like Sally Webster who reads her lines with as much depth and finesse as the cast of the first harry potter films) talk about picking the children up at school, or going to the hair dressers, day in day out. with the odd adventuerouse rushed story line thrown in once a month.

They do things like give cast members alzimers desease to boost the ratings, which they plan to stretch out gradually over a period of months, then change there minds at the last minute and decide to rush the story through in 3 weeks instead. rolleyes

They try something daring and inovative like put in the first gay kiss/story line after 40 years on air, but then after the complaints start comuing in within a few weeks they get too nervouse about it, and as a way out they replace the gay charecter with a limp wrister who makes John Walters look like Russal Crow.

How is this piece of bilge water still running after 40 years? Its vile, its brain poison! Its about as colourful and entertaining to watch as beige floor tiles.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
so... why are you talking about it?

i found this really clever button on the tv remote a while ago, it's called "off" and there's another clever thing called a "power supply" that you can remove from the wall!! biggrin

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
We dont watch TV anymore for that exact reason. Best decision we ever made. tongue

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
 Written by: NOn

so... why are you talking about it?

i found this really clever button on the tv remote a while ago, it's called "off" and there's another clever thing called a "power supply" that you can remove from the wall!! biggrin

My parents would have something to say if I tried that stunt, they watch it religiously 0_o

The thing is though when you think about it, the main story behind it is watching (supposidly) ordinary people go about there day to day lives...people sit at home for half an hour everyday (or every other two days whenever its on) and watch other people pretending to do normal things when they could be out doing just that themsevles.

Its not like other television programes. I can see a point to watching something like E.R, or Desperate Housewives, or Lost. Theres an appeal to things like that because they have plots and twists and turns, and cliff hangers, and most importantly you can immerse yourself itno a situation you wouldnt go through otherwise. Not dismal soaps with bad actors whos main story line (ide say about 70% of the show) is the fact they all live on a grotty street in england and know each other...which is the exact same thing that the people who watch it go through themselves lol

and people say reality tv is bad.

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
rant pending

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Pending? Pending?? This was a rant the moment I started typing!

*explodes*

Ok its off my chest...until its on again.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
joe............ im wayyyy toooo pissed to produce a decent rant wink

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Oh I get what you meant now lol.

Bah I needed to get something of my chest today I got really pissed off at my parents. Everytime they buy a chinease from the takeaway they shout me down to tell me its here. Not that I cant hear them bounding in like a herd of elaphents anyway. So I say 'riiight' back to them to let them know I heard. After that they should just leave it out and stop bothering me.

I dont rush downstais for food, Im perfectly happy knowing its on the kitchen counter and I can get it when I want too. Every 3 minutes though I get shouted again, and again, and again and again. Im so sick of that!

This time my dad comes into the kitcehn and really starts to shout telling me I need to eat the food NOW. As if he even needs too, he's scarfed down his food allready so why cant he just leave me alone to get mine when I'm ready for it. What has, what and when, I eat got anything to do with him? I would rather they just leave me alone and dont bother me, I dont go bothering them.