• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > Burning Man 2006 Highlights

Login/Join to Participate

Doc Lightning
GOLD Member since May 2001

Doc Lightning

HOP Mad Doctor

Total posts: 13920
Posted:Highlights for me:

1) Enjoying a glass of chilled, excellent champaigne, some smoked duck breast, some 3-year-aged Rarmesan-Romano, grape tomatoes marinated in a lovely first-pressed extra-virgin olive oil with a balsamic vinagrette, and Spanish olives on the roaring-hot playa one afternoon as a spontaneous party formed in my camp.

2) The dance floor with the lights that simulated a graphic equalizer.

3) Seeing old friends.

4) Being able to pick up a mallet and make something go "BOOM" and being able to climb and swing and play on stuff.

5) Watching the Burning of the Man from the Esplanade (it's SO much more relaxing that way).

6) Cooking a meal with a 12-year-old kid who easily carried his share of the work without any supervision, has chef's techniques in cutting, and made several rather good suggestions to me about ingredients I might want to add while I was cooking.

7) Experiencing a complete spiritual recharge. OMG, I have SO much work to do for next year...and I look forward to it!

biggrin ubbrollsmile redface bounce2 sunny wow ubbtickled

-Mike )'(
Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

"A buckuht 'n a hooze!" -Valura

Delete Topic

spritie
SILVER Member since Sep 2001

spritie

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 2014
Posted:Yay! I'm sooo glad you had a wonderful time, and quite jealous of all of those that got to attend. My excuse is I'm buying a house, so there was no money in the budget for having fun frown But, the texas clan that didn't make it out to the desert celebrated in our own special way with an orphan burn biggrin

Delete

Igirisujin
SILVER Member since Jul 2005

Igirisujin

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 2666
Posted:No getting laid this year doc?

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Delete

Doc Lightning

Doc Lightning

HOP Mad Doctor

Posted: Written by: Brit_Joe

No getting laid this year doc?

This is a family board. biggrin

In all seriousness, that stuff can happen anywhere so it's not really a highlight.

EDITED_BY: Doc Lightning (1157464588)

-Mike )'(

Delete

Rouge Dragon
BRONZE Member since Jul 2003

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Total posts: 13215
Posted:
Non-Https Image Link

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Total posts: 6120
Posted:The connotations of that pic is just plain WRONG Rouge! biggrin

Go on Doc! Spill the beans! Tell us about the multitude of paramours you were friendly with... rolleyes

Not a highlight? I'm sure Mr Gymhorse would beg to differ (and be somewhat insulted!) (Although I might have an idea... rolleyes)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

Igirisujin

Igirisujin

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:Oh I dont know, surly it must be elevated slightly when its alcohol fueled and done in a tent the desert. Hmm ice cream in the desert, sticky! biggrin...and of course if its ice cream with doc ubblove

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Delete

Doc Lightning

Doc Lightning

HOP Mad Doctor

Posted:Ya buncha pervs.

-Mike )'(

Delete

Igirisujin

Igirisujin

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:lol I was just thinking that like a second ago. I think we are missing the old home of poi spanking thread, so were trying to get as close to it as we can without being burned by the mods.

Shhhhh they'll find out *ninjas off into the shadows*

Delete

Kyrian

Dreamer

Total posts: 4308
Posted:i think everyone just wants to picture themselves as whomever you were playing with wink

I could use a spiritual recharge, altho i had a grand monday...

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Delete

Valura
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

Valura

Mumma Hen

Total posts: 6391
Posted:Did you meet moonpixie and the fade? They went ya know! eek

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Delete

Doc Lightning

Doc Lightning

HOP Mad Doctor

Posted:I didn't meet either because NOBODY SHOWED UP TO THE FRIGGIN' HOP MEET!

-Mike )'(

Delete

Doc Lightning

Doc Lightning

HOP Mad Doctor

Posted:Two more highlights:

1) Randomly running into (and recognizing!) Arashi on his way to the porta-potty to take a poop.

2) Randomly running into (and being recognized by) Spitfire and Mand while out wandering around the man and exchanging the world's BEST hugs with both of them.

-Mike )'(

Delete

SpitFire
GOLD Member since Dec 2002

Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One

Total posts: 2723
Posted:Randomly running into you was one of our highlights, as well, Lightning!

It was the highlight the night, as well. Talk about the BEST hugs ever!!! It's been a long time since I've been spun around by any giggling person!

We can't wait to come and visit you!!!!!!!!

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

Delete

SpitFire

Posted:As for the HoP meet up....playa time, and flat tires happened....

Delete

Gnor
BRONZE Member since Mar 2003

Gnor

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 5814
Posted:I hoped some of the Perthites would have seen you both and hugged you .. hug hug hug

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Delete

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)

veteran

Total posts: 1325
Posted:Ahh. Burning man. Them's good times, at least I've heard. I just remember talking to you before you went into Reno, then you lost.... reception that is :P

Delete

Doc Lightning

Doc Lightning

HOP Mad Doctor

Posted: Written by: SpitFire

It was the highlight the night, as well. Talk about the BEST hugs ever!!! It's been a long time since I've been spun around by any giggling person!

I did it ESPECIALLY because you don't seem the type...and because I knew that secretly you'd love it.

OMG that was such a good hug.

And you two had BETTER come and visit me.

-Mike )'(

Delete

Aurinko
BRONZE Member since Aug 2006

Aurinko

hello!

Total posts: 1034
Posted:great. And again I ain't being invited. I don't know any of you, but that's not the point here

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

Delete

NYC

NYC

NYC

Total posts: 9232
Posted: Written by: Doc Lightning

That's Asylum's you dumbass. You know, the people who throw happy hour that you go to every week? It's at like every New York City party that I tell you that you need to go to that you never do.

GO TO DECOM.

I will list my highlights in a bit. Gotta go teach.

And anybody that doesn't put the CUBITRON as a highlight is lying. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

NYC

NYC

NYC

Posted: Written by: Doc Lightning

I didn't meet either because NOBODY SHOWED UP TO THE FRIGGIN' HOP MEET!

Molly and I did.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

Mand
SILVER Member since Oct 2003

Mand

Keeper of the Spitfire

Total posts: 2317
Posted:That Uchronia site is beautiful. ubblove

My highlights as I can remember them (this could be added to, as I keep forgetting things). In no particular order...

*Meeting old friends, and getting to know them a whole lot more.

*Meeting new smiley faces.

*Randomly recognising and getting beautiful hugs from Lightning, whilst we were at the base of the man. That night was the only night I wasn't having such a good time (an accumulation of various things). Then we saw Lightning, and for the next 15 mins he made the world a wonderful place again. biggrin

*Seeing my good friend, and campmate, SJ (Skinny White Chick) perform at the Lost Penguin. She's an amazing singer/ songwriter/ guitar player, and now that I'm in Canada I really miss seeing her play live.

*Getting to spin in the conclave with so many amazing people. We were the smallest troupe out there, and I have never had to put out my poi, dunk, spin off, and relight so quickly! Without a doubt the thing that made me keep giving 100%, and kept the grin on my face as I was refueling, was the amazing energy that was coming from the crowd.

Tied in with this was being able to sit right at the front, inside the circle, to watch the man burn.

*Seeing my first dust devil- a HUGE one, on Wednesday. We watched as it came straight up 5.00 towards our camp, but veered off before it reached us. The second dust devil was bigger, and came straight through our camp. They were amazing and beautiful to watch spin across the playa.

In a way, the dust storm on wednesday was a highlight too. We made it back into camp just before it hit, and it felt like the rest of the world disappeared.

*Watching the dust devils dance out of the fire, for the burning of the man, the temple, and Uchronia. Also, seeing the fire cyclones that came out of Uchronia when it was burned. I have never seen anything like it.

*Dancing inside the waffle (sorry- Uchronia!), post burning of the man. We topped up our adrenalin levels, went off to dance, and randomly met up with some of our friends from Calgary (we weren't camping with the Calgary crew). Definitely the most amazing dance space I've ever been in.

*Touring around with Kim, on our bikes, at 3am, after dancing in the waff...Uchronia. We were able to go and have a look at some of the art in a different light, without having lots of people around.

*Oooh, I almost forgot stilt walking! Kim and I were given our first stilt walking lessons, and it was SO much fun! The words 'baby giraffe' do spring to mind though...

This is something I will definitely be carrying on with. biggrin

I'm sure there are lots more highlights, but for now all I can say is "WOW".

biggrin sunny biggrin

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

Delete

Doc Lightning

Doc Lightning

HOP Mad Doctor

Posted: Written by: NYC

Written by: Doc Lightning

That's Asylum's you dumbass. You know, the people who throw happy hour that you go to every week? It's at like every New York City party that I tell you that you need to go to that you never do.

GO TO DECOM.

I will list my highlights in a bit. Gotta go teach.

And anybody that doesn't put the CUBITRON as a highlight is lying. wink

The Cubitron was right in front of my camp.

-Mike )'(

Delete

SpitFire

Posted:All of Mand's highlights? I second them!

Lighning....I do secretly love it, so thank you thank you!

As Mand said, that night wasn't our best night of the Burn. Seeing you, and exchanging those hugs made a big difference for both of us.

Gnor....sadly, we didn't run into many of the HoP'ers. In fact, I think Lightning was the only HoP'er we did run into...is that right, Mand?

Delete

Mand
SILVER Member since Oct 2003

Mand

Keeper of the Spitfire

Total posts: 2317
Posted:Lightning... and Arashi- another random lovely sighting. smile

Although I was still half asleep at the time.

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

Delete

NYC

NYC

NYC

Posted:***BUMP***

Bumping this up because I just saw this old episode posted on the BMAN NYC list.

Malcolm in the Middle at Burningman

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

sassy

sassy

My mother advises not to stand on the dryer whilst drunk

Total posts: 43
Posted:First time lighting up. I think I almost peed myself.
It was amazing.

Delete