Page:
mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Tazers, now I'm not 100% sure how strictly legal they are but has anyone ever had much of a fiddle with them?

Without sounding like a completely sick nutter, (I'm really not ya know!) I was playing with one over the weekend, making different parts of the body move by sending the shock through another part of the body.

I don't really know where I'm going with it but I would like to work it into some sort of act somehow.

Also if you have played/are thinking of playing with one it really is important you don't be silly with it.

They are VERY dangerous, and can cause injury.

Ta!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
 Written by: maus

Without sounding like a completely sick nutter

good try but complete failure tongue

i've played with one of those 'exercise machines for the couch potato' things - the little shock pack with pads to stick to yourself that contracts your muscles so you don't have to.

they're great fun on the face biggrin

tasers are the gun's that fire a barb on a wire usually but i'm guessing you have one of those handheld self-defence jobbies - how large is the current/voltage on it?

genius idea though mate - i reckon this could make for a very cool act (or even several acts).

frankenstein style gradual reanimation, a live puppet show or just an electro-shock fetish dungeon spektakularrrr smile

on the safety side of things, avoid bursts longer than a couple of seconds and i'd seriously recommend speaking to a doctor to get a checkup and to help you consider any possible health risks from repeated shocks...

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
 Written by: coleman

they're great fun on the face biggrin

[/quote

Yup, already discovered that, found a nerve on the neck that made my mouth open and close ubblol

Already discovered that i can't do it for very long, i have quite a few strange burn type marks that are like a circle with a dot in the middle.

Its not my tazer, it belongs to a friend that owns an animal park and they have it for emergency animal control but never use it, and rather that barbs shooting out it is shaped like a torch, with two small metal rods coming out the end from which the current presumably goes between.

Makes a really good snappy sound. smile

And yes it was the live puppet show esque thing i was thinking of, not sure of the voltage...will check, I'm seeing him later anyway.

And I'm not a nutter, I just like experimenting, there is a difference ubbloco

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
ubblol that's a f*cking cattle prod!

some boring but potentially important info for ya (source: https://www.nova-usa.com/stratbucker-study.html)

most important in all that is the risk associated with location of shock in relation to your heart.

seems at first glance that you're pretty safe as long as you don't have a pacemaker, an unusual heart rhythm or a history of heart attack in your family - and of course you should strictly adhere to the "never zap my tits" rule wink

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm.....linky no worky....and stop laughing at me...

ubblol

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
linkfixedupnow

tongue

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
For a short time back in Canada, stun guns were legal. Nothing quite like watching an idiot put his tongue up to the two prongs. eek ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Hmm....won't be using it on my tongue...

Like i said, i'm interested in using it for performance, its quite fun inding out exactly where to put it to make your hand/foot/elbow etc twitch sharply.

Although after reading that link(thanks cole) I think I'll go to the doctors before i go much further with it and have a check up, and i also need to check the legalities of using it aswell.

New toy though-yay!!!!! bounce

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
from the stratbucker study:

Written by: science dudes

Finally, the device was discharged into the mucous membranes of the tongue of an anesthetized animal to ascertain the effects on mucous membranes. Muscle twitching did occur but no visual damage to the membranes was noted. Again, the effect directly on the eye was not tested. Until this is more thoroughly evaluated, one should be cautious about the use of this device in the face area.

this is just too funny to be a real report ubblol

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Yeah that bit worried me slightly, didn't play with the eye area to be exact, but you can raise one eyebrow at a time with it which was quite funny! ubblol

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Worked with another fellow who found it fun to zap people in the crotch with a stun gun. Overall, have to wonder at anyone taking pleasure in inflicting the experience on others or themselves! tongue

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Patrick the Bubba Badger

Overall, have to wonder at anyone taking pleasure in inflicting the experience on others or themselves! tongue

Yeah i think that when i see people spinning fire or laying on beds of nails etc....

wink

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

WOFTSILVER Member
Likes trees...
209 posts

Posted:
I have in my possesion (I don't really know how) a nerve stimulator used by doctors to, umm, stimulate nerves. same princicle as a tazer i suppose, just more controlled. We only really used it for making bets - who could take the most current for the longest time on a specific body area. This was not as crazy as it seems - there was financial reward! kind of like sport - the better you do, the more you get paid ubbrollsmile

We didn't really manage to do any tricks though. Hmmm, my brother is sleeping. I wonder if it still works *evil chuckle*...

'n Boer maak 'n plan.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I'm fairly certain that posession of stun guns is illegal in the UK - certainly to have out in public.

Not sure if you'd need a licence or something to use it in a show or what, but definitely check UK laws before taking it outside your house.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
there's a point on your lower arm where you can get first the thumb, then, when increasing the voltage, the whole hand to twitch. We did it in physiology, it's a test on how fast your nerves are, so should be easy to find it somewhere on the web (and don't try this at home kids...). It was quite good fun, my whole hand (and lower arm with it) lifted off the table every second. My mate suggested getting one for the band so the instruments were in time wink

But they usually take quite a while to adjust (find the right place and the right voltage), so that could make it a bit difficult for a show. Some of the nerves run very close to each other, so if you hit the wrong one and start at a highish voltage that might be a bad idea.

And getting there slowly during a show wouldn't work.

Try looking for "nerve conductivity", that might give you a few ideas.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Birgit

there's a point on your lower arm where you can get first the thumb, then, when increasing the voltage, the whole hand to twitch.

Yep we found that one out already, had another play with it last night, think I'll give it a rest tonight...

*runs off twitching uncontrollably*

wink

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Ever thought of recreating the climax of 'Batman Returns' with that tazer of yours? biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Your crazy, all of you...

Love is the law.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
our crazy what...? wink

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Not crazy at all, just like to experiment with different props that we may want to use for performance.

smile

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i must say, i am intruiged smile

hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
beaten to the performance punch

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Hmmm....not quite what I was thinking of Nx, but never the less, very interesting, thankyou! smile

well watched a really terrible programme yesterday evening called Men In White coats or something like that and they were experimenting on there with electrical currents making muscles work etc, and they did manage to get quite a bit of movement, especially to the arms.

They used those muscle toning pads, so perhaps rather than a tazer I could get some of them and play with the voltage.

This ould be fun...if very slightly painful redface shrug meh...its worth it. smile

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
ummm... is it wrong that this thread is a turn on? so many people do what they can to NOT get shocked by those things...

seriously though, i'd get the muscle excerciser, it'd be good to have an adjustable level... personally it freaks me out to get shocked, but then i've been REALLY shocked before by 12 volts at very high amperage and it didn't really do it for me... ubbloco

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
 Written by: arashi

ummm... is it wrong that this thread is a turn on? so many people do what they can to NOT get shocked by those things...

ubblol possibly a little, butthen I'm hardly 100% right in the head when it comes to that sort of thing anyway! rolleyes

I've been looking into those muscle contractors a little, the good ones aint that cheap...but on the bright side sunny you can entertain peopla whilst getting buff uber buff at the same time- what more can you ask for¬! ubblol ubbloco ubbrollsmile

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: maus

Written by: arashi

ubblol possibly a little, butthen I'm hardly 100% right in the head when it comes to that sort of thing anyway! rolleyes

I've been looking into those muscle contractors a little, the good ones aint that cheap...but on the bright side sunny you can entertain peopla whilst getting buff uber buff at the same time- what more can you ask for¬! ubblol ubbloco ubbrollsmile

Didnt someone do some tests and basically say that they do nothing for increasing your muscles fitness?

Thought i read it somewhere but cant remember where or if it was reliable

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Oh so very wrong ubbangel

(WARNING: links to a page containing material unsuitable for minors)

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

wolfbro001SILVER Member
77 posts

Posted:
rolleyes

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
eek Oh so very wrong indeed!

Why would you want to put that[/], even remotely close to there!!!!

Basstones, not really bothered about the muscle toning side of it, its more for the visual image. smile

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Haven't been electrocuted there yet, but pretty much everywhere else.

If you turn the voltage down enough that muscles aren't twitching, and only sensory nerves are being stimulated, it's a bit like being tickled, just... different, as it's under the skin too.

And no I haven't being experimenting on myself umm

That's the kind of shock you get from an unearthed computer, and it's very distracting when you're trying to find lost screws.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

Page: