Forums > Social Chat > Custom calling sound on mobile phones!!

Login/Join to Participate

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
So i was calling someone about buying a car at the weekend, and while it was calling they had music playing at the same time!

obviously i dont mean a ringtone, but over the actual 'ring ring' tone (technical term tongue) that i could hear........

anyway it went to answer phone so i didnt get a chance to ask them how to do it.

anyone have a clue? ive never heard of it before.

not sure whether its controlled by the persons mobile itself or what, and whether you need a specific handset to do it. confused

EDIT: found it! https://www1.orange.co.uk/entertainment/callingTunes/
£2.50.... madness

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Tmobile used to do this. It was well expensive though... adn your mates had to pay whilst the phone rang! eek

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Oh ive heard about that, hopefully there will be some way of turning it off if you dont want to hear it. I know too many people who listen to Blink182 and the Bloodhound gang and if I had to hear some of that crap everytime I called them ide probably give up on phones and go back to writting letters.

Of course then I would have to learn how to actually write them lol

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
We've had this for a few years. I've never paid for it because I think it's rubbish. It's confusing to people who aren't familiar with it, it's annoying if you don't like the tune, and it adds no functionality.

But I'm a purist.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Bloodhound Gang and Blink rawk.

'nuff said.

smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
they do it on 3, although its dead expensive! you pay about £3 for the tone, and then £3.50 a month so that people can hear it!

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!