Forums > Social Chat > Proof that the Aussie girls got it right

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
I saw this on the news and couldn't help but do a search on it.

Trust me just click here. Could there be any other way to protest ???

Nude not Nuke !

Or even better "the bush against Bush protest"

[ 26. February 2003, 13:11: Message edited by: poiaholic22 ]

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
[post deleted while i pm the agitated mr phule...]

[ 05. March 2003, 03:34: Message edited by: coleman ]

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I think there should be one day a year where everyone gets to walk around naked for no reason at all.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Ray all that anger isn't healthy.

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
*wanders in, scratches head in confusion at the amount of testosterone flying around in a naked women's peace movement thread*

I thought Rays original humorous post was very funny and quite obviously a JOKE.

I find it ironic that a thread about peace became a battle of words.

*edit for spelling

[ 05. March 2003, 10:04: Message edited by: Thistle ]

Are we nearly there yet?

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Ya know,even though myself and Raymund have been at odds with each other quite frequently in the past even I felt that the comment about marine IQ was uncalled for.I didn't say anything about it though because I wasn't going to jump to the conclusion that Astar was trying to offend.

Raymund why are you so angry all of a sudden? You may not like me and that is okay but for your own sake please relax. I understand that you did not mean to offend anyone with your original post (and I also thought it was humorous but was also concerned about its motives) but in that same regard Astar may not have meant to offend anyone either.Take into regard that he posted in the same manner as you did.

I think we all need to remember that because this is only an online conversation that it is too easy to misconstrue what and how we are all responding to each other.You both may have meant to be humorous in a sarcastic way but because we are all reading it and not hearing how it actually comes out then we shouldn't jump to conclusions on each other's motivations.

With that said I am also terribly confused about how a thread about hundreds of naked women forming words in the fields in Oz could get so angst ridden.

Seriously Ray,Astar,Frost,and Coleman let's shake hands and make up.Life is too short for such petty indifferences to come between us all.

Disclaimer:I know I am not perfect myself and have reacted in the same manner in the past but I try to learn from these things.Attacking someone for disagreeing with you or jumping to conclusions is not going to make things better.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I was just makeing a joke about his excesive use of "no offense" I didn't think the comment about the marines IQ would send him into a frenzy. It's not my problem he see's everything as a pissing contest.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
man i got a magnifying glass out and i saw some boobies.
i like boobies.

didn't that grass itch their coochies?

oh yeah peace and stuff.

sorry trying to lighten things up. i see it as yet another transitory wordplay that will make people respect each other more.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Hoo-ray for boobies !
Me likes them too

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
You know, I could careless what was said about me.

When Coleman went after Rozi, I lost it.

Coleman and I have chatted and since he took down his post, I returned the favor and took down mine.

Poiaholic22, right now I have no problems with you and the "Hoo-ray" for boobies thing was pretty damn funny, well it was if it was meant as a pun

I am not that hard to get along with, just be forewarned, if you attack anyone I love or me, stand by to get ripped up one side and down the other.

I said somthing about Canadians and Australians in general, not a single person, quite a few thought it was funny. Lame and retarded but funny.

What Astar said, was said about 1 person. He also said it 6 days after the fact. If it had been instant I could understand seeing anger, to me his responce was just out of malace.

What Coleman said, the part that enraged me, was about someone I love very much. To me he was attacking her for sticking up for me. Hell I had forgotten this post even existed. I was not even sure I had replied to it untill Rozi told me about it the other night on the phone!

As far as anger goes, it is much better to let it out than to keep it in. I have done both at times so I can vouch for that.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
woo ray for platapie boobies

hehehehehe

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

DaiTenshimember
104 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Astar:
I was just makeing a joke about his excesive use of "no offense" I didn't think the comment about the marines IQ would send him into a frenzy. It's not my problem he see's everything as a pissing contest.
Yeah, silly boy, it's obcviously his fault for taking an insult as such. One does not reduce an arguement to a "pissing contest" by taking issue with an insult.

My family has a very long military tradition. I've had many relatives serve, fight, and die for the various branches of the US military as far back as the revolution (on me mother's side anyways, my father's didn't get here from Ireland till bout 1900 ).

I don't take kindly to the bashing of the military in any way, shape, or form... less o' course it's the enemy ^_^

Quite frankly this peace protest, while certainly appealing to my bits n' pieces, strikes me as a big joke. It just takes away any credibility (let's face it, politicians aren't going to listen to the naked kids, and neither is the average citizen) and makes it seem as though the protestors have no respect for their own cause ("ick, more protesting today, ooo, I got an idea. LET'S DO IT NAKED!").

Prepares for battle and prays for peace, and all that....

Peace is certainly favorable to war, however the transcendental awakening of one side in a conflict is not going to end said conflict unless the other side has it too; turning the other cheek and lowering your arms to an armed and very angry man is NEVER a good idea.

Personally I think a lot of protestors these days, despite their best intentions, seriously detract from their credibility and any amount of respect they could get with things just like this: artisitic expression wreaking of either sophmoric inspiration or concieted airs of elitism.

I'm sorry, but when I see three women bounding down a New York City street with ugly wigs and humongous strapons made to resemble missiles singing a bastardized version of a Doors's song ("Oh take me down to the next oil field, no, don't ask why") the first thing to pop into my mind is not "Why, hey? Maybe this war is unjustified!" My thoughts are a little closer to "bet your grandma's gonna love seeing that on the evening news, moron".

Beauty in simplicity.

And another thing, if I have to hear another drop out compare Bush to Hitler, say it's all for oil, praise the French (i wonder what they're up to in africa...), or say another insulting thing about the soldiers of their own country..... well I'm just gonna give up and build a new city in Anatarctica.... called Antarctiville!!!

End rant

edit: note: my examples of peace protestors who have gotten on my nerves have been culled from C-SPAN, MTV, MSNBC, FOX News, and... yes.... The Daily Show. After that first paragraph I wasn't really reffering to anyone on this board, just to ensure no personnal attacks were seen in my very-much-so a broad attack rant

[ 05. March 2003, 22:06: Message edited by: DaiTenshi ]

No one knows me like I do.

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
I wanna sing that hit song "Love Rocket" now

I like boobies.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
I agree with DaiTenshi...To let our arms down in the sight of an angered man is suicide.I don't want war but yet I don't want to not protect our country.I take offense to the bashing of our military.My family has been in several branches and have also fought in many wars.My dad was a Marine and one of my brothers is going into the Marines and will leave for basic in August.I will also have another one of my brothers going into the Marines when he graduates from high school.I don't really know what my youngest brother is going to do military wise. (If you hadn't guessed by now I have 3 younger brothers).I just take offense to people talking badly of ANY military branch especially of the Marines because of it being a family thing.I'm not trying to down talk the importance of other countries military.Every country should have a right to defend what they believe in.It's just when they try and attack us that I give support to my own countries military.

I hope this post has not offended ANYBODY that's not what it was meant for. If it did I appologize for I did not intend for that to happen. I was only giving my oppinion on the situation. Yall and

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
BTW that average is a fact. If you don't like it then I guess you better tell yourself the marines actually have an average IQ of 140 or something.

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Ok I don't know where you get your information from but that figure must be VERY outdated or just exagerated.Now in order for you to go into the military you must have either a high school diploma or a GED.You also have to take the ASVAP test in order to determine what your capabilities are.Kaleb scored very high in all the categories and was able to choose from ANY job offered in the USMC.He chose to do some special military op stuff...Kinda like the CIA(Central Intelligence Agency).Joseph is wanting to be a dog handler and train dogs for the military because he is a dog person and is very good with handling dogs.I really don't see where that figure comes in at because in most of the branches in the military have several important technical jobs that require smarts.I don't believe that figure has anything to do with any branch in the US military.I have a friend in the navy who is a nuclear engineer and she is very knowledgable of her job.She was very good in Army JROTC with me.Lots of people I went to school with in the JROTC program in high school have very good jobs that require alot of skill and knowledge in all the different branches.So I just don't see how that figure can be correct.

Owell I'm entitled to my oppinion as is every human being on this lil rock we like to call Earth.

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by DaiTenshi:

Quite frankly this peace protest, while certainly appealing to my bits n' pieces, strikes me as a big joke. It just takes away any credibility (let's face it, politicians aren't going to listen to the naked kids, and neither is the average citizen)
Oh do you mean that protesting fully clothed will all of a sudden get their attention?Last I knew Hitler ... oh I mean Bush ... said that there is no amount of protesting that will change our stance on the situation in Iraq.And obviously a lot of citizens are paying attention to it because it is getting more popular and more frequent.I will listen to anyone ,clothed or not, who wants peace over war.Especially when that war seems more driven by the desires of Big Business than the desire to protect the people of the world.And if Saddam Hussein is such an angry man than what does that make Kim Jong Il?But you probably don't even know who I'm talking about being that no one in this country seems to care about North Korea.
Non-Https Image Link

Also when did the American people start bashing their own armed forces?I thought all these protests were directed at the government.

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Astar where is it that you got that average?I can not fathom how that can possibly be true.Post a link or something please.

DaiTenshimember
104 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by poiaholic22:
Oh do you mean that protesting fully clothed will all of a sudden get their attention?Last I knew Hitler ... oh I mean Bush
I don't like the guy, didn't vote for him, and can't wait to vote for someone else, but as a student of history (my major of choice) I take offense at a comparison so weak as to be indicative of the person's- that is the person making the comparison- very minimalist understanding of history and current events. If you don't have the ability to see the differance between a Rembrante and a Van Gough (probably misspelled, I hate paintings) don't even talk to me about their work.

quote:

And if Saddam Hussein is such an angry man than what does that make Kim Jong Il?But you probably don't even know who I'm talking about being that no one in this country seems to care about North Korea.
Seeing as my major field of interest and study is Asia, I know exactly who he is, thanks for trying to insult my intelligence though, been a while since someone used the ol' "you so don't even know" crap on me.

Granted, I haven't spent much time on Korea (mostly Japan and China/PRC), but I know very well who Kim Jong Il is. I'm aware that the Japanese are beginning to get a bit nervous about us wasting time on Iraq when NK is a greater threat. I myself am dissapointed by our lack of response to NK however that doesn't mean we should just forget about Sadam. Kinda hoping we can finish Iraq fast (however it chooses to be dealt with) and then move on to dealing with NK.

quote:

Also when did the American people start bashing their own armed forces?I thought all these protests were directed at the
Well, some protestors that were interviewed were more than a little dissrespectful to our servicemen and women; IRCC, both american and international protestors. Listened to their crap with my own ears.

Also, the rallies in San Fran where hundereds of protestors actually started chanting in teh direction of skyskrapers, businesses, and high rises "fall, fall, fall" more than soured me on the current peace movement.

No one knows me like I do.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I'm JUST chimeing in on the Hitler comment because I've had the same discussion with other people. Clubbers compared our previous mayor to Hitler because he started shutting down discos and night clubs it made me cringe. I think there are a few Holocaust survivers that might be able to point out some differences.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I heard the statistic from a teacher. I did some research and the minimum entry level is apparently 88? (they don't do IQ tests on soldiers so I don't know where this came from) But I do appologize for throwing second hand information out there without backing it up. I guess it's best to assume it is false since nothing out there backs it up.

As far as comparisons to hitler goes it is easy to see a similarity.

Hitler burns the reichstagg, declares a jewish conspiracy is responsible for the fire and suspends the constitution and declares martial law.

The world trade towers fall, the pentagon is attacked and another plane is blown up. One COULD see how it is possible for bush to have arranged these things and then blamed it on the axis of evil and he didn't suspend the constitution. He just compromised it severly with the patriot act.

Now I would say the second scenario is completly far out there. But at first glance the comparison can be made.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Easy to see similarity between Bush and Hitler?

Wow.

I can't even respond.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Im saying it's easy if you are a conspiracy theorist extreme leftist which a lot of people are.

Im not saying any of the similarities hold up. And even if you did think the bush scenario is true, he hasn't begun to spout racial drivel and thrown people into concentration camps.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I guess to be more accurate just looking at a few events and ignoreing the whole picture you can compare bush to bismarck.

The actions of hitler in the beginning of his reign were pretty much bismarcks style of getting things done. Bismarck and mussolini.

2,905 posts

Posted:
I have personally never had an IQ test, I seriously doubt your teacher was right, maybe our ASVAB score could have that average, I know mine was 98 with LINE scores over 110.

What all that means is that I am easy to train and understand how to follow orders

From what I understand the IQ test measures your ability to think, not book smarts.

The US Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines are the worlds best in their respective areas. We have the best technology and the best training.

Our numbers are not the most, heck there are all of 200,000 Marines, and change. We rely more on tactics and superior weapons.

We may not all be rocket scientists, but it takes more than an IQ to be a Marine, if all the Corps looked at were your test scores we would be called the Air Force! (I can say this, I lived in the Air Force for 19 years )

I could careless if you think I overreacted, frankly Astar, Frost and Coleman's posts were completely out of line. If you must judge me on something find something better than a test that neither of us know what the result is. Show me where you got your "facts" quote your sources and also either email them or send them to me via PM, include links, books and magazines.

If you can't do this, I call you a liar and just a highschool prick who wants to start shit on the web.

[ 06. March 2003, 15:47: Message edited by: Raymund P. ]

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
sorry ray there is one thing i'll have to disagree with you is that the US army is only superior because of the weapons they have

one of the best trained is the isreali army
for they are trained not only in infentry fighting but also subvesive gorila warfair

a resent report reveiled that the avarage marrien only spends 2 weeks a year training on gorilla style (or close confine) warfair a year
sorry i cant give you a direct link to this as i only came into the news doco part way through the article (think it may have been on the macman report or the news hour)

it has been reported that to bring the maren up to scrach they should spend on avrag no less than 5 weeks a year in this style of training

they are very welled drilled in the art of warfaire but the isralis are a better army

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

2,905 posts

Posted:
Seen as how the majority of the Marine Corps is not infantry, it is desk jockies and aircraft maintainers, you must understand that training for those jobs does not always include actual combat training.

I have been in the "air wing" side of the Corps for 2 1/2 years now, the only reason I see small arms is because I work with them. The average "winger" sees weapons 2 times a year, they are too busy fixing jets and keeping the piolets trained.

Now, the ifantry does spend the majority of its time in the field, either at CAX or exorcises similer.

Our military has the best weapons, 10 years ahead of our closest competitors, the Brittish.

We dont train 24/7 because we have an edge elsewhere, and our tactics with that edge are the best. Get rid if the technology and you will see that things will be a bit different.

We are quickly catching up when it comes to gorrila and uban warfare.

We also do many many MOOTW, Military Operations Other Than War.

The only way the military can train like other countries would be if we got rid of the beurocrats and the MOA.

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
OK time to lay it out on the table

Online IQ Test

[Edit to stay on topic]
How credible would it be if the pro-war activists held a naked rally for their cause?

[ 06. March 2003, 19:39: Message edited by: Dio ]

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Ray, i'd just like to complain.

you stole my crispy fried platypi line, and didnt give me credit!

you, you...... great big hunkahunkaburninlunch!

lol
love you man, stay as you are, be pissed off whatever, you are a sweet special soul and i am honoured to count you as a friend xoxxoxo

Currently on the right side up of the world.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:

quote:
Originally posted by Raymund P.:
Coleman and I have chatted and since he took down his post, I returned the favor and took down mine.
i don't believe in deleting posts that form the middle of a discussion and i did not delete the post that offended ray so much. it is post number 27 on page one.

the post i edited out was one i made while raymund p made his 'angry' post (the one with lots of swearing and threats that is now deleted). the reason i deleted my second post was because it was in reply to post 28 and was written before ray's tirade which i decided would be better dealt with via pm's.

ray and i have spoken. i have apologised for offending ray and not making it clear that i was not telling rozi to 'shut the fuck up' (to quote ray) but was asking her to reconsider her view on the way the thread was going by reviewing the order of the posts. ironically i was trying to calm the mood by pointing out that i thought the 'jovial comments' were just as bad as each other. take the piss out of canadians, take the piss out of marines - same diff.

after one pm ray has unfortunately decided it is better to side with ignorance than to try to resolve our differences, so in future i will do the same and not enter into discussion with him.

i apologise to all reading for contributing to the dragging down of this thread.

before i bugger off and leave you all in peace; to rozi - if my comment offended you, i am very sorry. i will endeavour to properly word my responses in future and i hope you don't hold this one indiscertion against me.

to everyone (including an 'oh well' hug for ray )

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Morganemember
102 posts

Posted:
u know i really had hoped this kinde of thing had stopped......

oh well
it is rather frustrating that political threads round here seem to inevitably end in bickering and infighting....

Morgane (who LIKES political discussions)

Out to Wrong Rights and Depress the Opressed.

Page: