Forums > Social Chat > And Ucof is Go! Go! Go! to Australia

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
bounce2
uh-huh uh-huh! biggrin

Just booked the tickets, my new passport should be with me within a week and when it arrives I can apply for the online visa.
Details are as follows:

Leave London Heathrow 24th September 22:30 - Arrive ADELAIDE on 26th September 11:30
Leave SYDNEY 27th November.

So its two months of seeing you lovely lot ubblove

My plans are as follows:
Go to Australia.
Work way up SE coast staying with as many friends as possible.
Return to England 2 months on.

and thats about it, Ive spent ages thinking of what to do, then realised you would all know anyway. So, like Lightning did in London, im leaving myself in your hands ( umm ) If you reckon something would be good to do or see then tell me and I'll see if I can.

I want to go to lots of spinning meetings.
I want to meet as many of you as possible.
I wish to chase Bender naked through a field of corn. umm
I want to spend some time doing nothing on a beach.

Im going to this Common Ground thing too. Is there a spare tent/ space anywhere for me to squeeze into please? The JonCof International Tent Errecting Service, Mobile Skinning Up Workstation and Hug Distributor should also be fully functional. ubbangel
Can I get some sleeping space on the floor/ sofa/ spare room/ compost heap at your house please? *flutters eylids*

My questions:
Is CG like Play (99% HOPpers only)? or is it more of a public event where the average Joe Human will be walking around? umm
What will the weather generally be like for the duration of my stay?
Is there cake in Australia?
Can John Howard collect me from the airport in a monster truck?

Would it be worth me bringing my laptop to put all my pictures from my phone onto and to change the music collection on my phone? Reckon you this is a silly idea and I should just get a digital camera and a MP3 player instead?

Can I meet Crocodile Dundee? Can I? Can I?
Who is Bruce? confused

I assume I will need a plug convertor for any electronic equipment I bring. Can this be confirmed? This is a code red situation. I dont want to bring my white noise generator with me only to find out I cant plug it in anywhere.

I will probably have more questions at a later date of a serious nature, but I think thats all the major ones I need. Thanks everyone hug2 kiss

Oh, and by the way, I have NO interest in watching the Ashes in November ubblol

bounce Im very excited! bounce

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ubbloco

biggrin

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Quick note to tim-tam freaks.

You can get them in Tesco in original, double choc and caramel varieties, our local one in Southampton did Milo too.

Though apparently vegemite has been banned from the USA.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
TimTam's eh? - we have about a dozen different varieties over here...

UCOF - Chch airport is right at the edge of Chch and it's about 20mins max drive from anywhere to anywhere. Let us know when you're getting to Godzone wont ya?

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Weeeeeee ubbrollsmile

After a superb time in Melbourne, im flying on a jet plane, to New Zealand at 18:15 tonight. ubbrollsmile

Im heading in to Brisvegas on Tuesday, flight number DJ83 arriving at 16:45.

See you there chicken? ubbrollsmile

2 weeks in Brissie, one week in Sydney, then home.

Whered all the time go? eek

Thank you to the lovley lovely Melbournonians for their lovely hospitality and hugs hug2 wink

You are all "super cool" biggrin

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
err dont you mean thank you to the lovely Melbournese? wink

see you next week mate hug

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
YAYAYYAYAYAY! I shall see you there gorgeous. 4.45 on tuesday.

PLease remind me as well though.... or Ill loose my memory again! ubbloco ubblol

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Ed: Dunno what you mean! ubblol wink hug

Miss V: biggrin hug2 I shall remember to remind you to remember biggrin

Oh, and in other news, IM IN MALCOLMS HOUSE!! biggrin ubbloco bounce eek

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Jonny UCoF smells of worms! biggrin hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
What! Jonny! You're actually INSIDE the ACTUAL Home OF The Poi???!

is the despatching department REALLY run by a group of tiny green badger-looking folk called "The Splunnjy-Men"?

does Malcolm really eat ball-chain and kevlar? or does he have biscuits sometimes too?

I also heard that when poi get really old and decrepit, they make a pilgrimage to a Poi graveyard in malcolms garden, to lay themselves to rest. Can you verify if this is actuality? and if so, please light a candle there for my much missed off-white cone poi: Hector and Greasy Bernard.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
ubblol

that is one funnny-ass monkey (and not in the baboon sense)

jonny: EMAIL! mad

wink hug

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Mr Cole! I sent you an email! You are on zee list, zus you get zee email! tongue I'll send it agian though.

simian: I can confirm that there are NO small badger like folk here, I cannot confirm that Malcolm only eats ball chain and kevlar as I have seen him eating toast, with raisins and cheese on. I have also not seen any poi graveyard, but I will keep my eyes open. I think that would make more sence than walking around with my eyes closed and bumping into things. umm

There are lots of lights running down very long wires here, it fact, it looks somewhat like Tron. Everything is labled and put in tupperware boxes, even the taps and the tv remote control. There is an old man (not Malcolm) who sits in the corner and occasionaly shouts the odd profanity (much like Father Jack in many respects) and there is an odd smell of screwdrivers dipped in treacle everywhere.

Its all very bizarre. umm

Oh yeah.. check it!

Click this

I feel so proud! biggrin

FYI Pictures:

www.theincondoocon.com/pictures

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Cheers gita my lovely biggrin kiss
I didnt have to look for this as you were reading it and "click"! biggrin

[/Father Dougal] Im now in Brisbane. Its nice here Ted. They have an airport and everything! You'd love it here Ted so you would. Im here for about two weeks. New Zealand was brilliant Ted, Malcolm and his family were lovely so they were. Ahhh, you'd love them you would you big gobshite Ted[/Father Dougal]

Ahem..

Yeah, so that was New Zealand ubblove
*MASSIVE thanks goes out to Malcolm, Cherry, Jesse and Seven for their erm...um.. general fantasticalness* hug2

Im in Brisbane now for two weeks, curretnly staying at The Valuraseses, then its onto The Gabeseses. ubbrollsmile

Metting so many new people , well, I say new - ive known lots of you for aaaaaages, has been a wonderful insight into people in general. I also like having different voices to read the posts in.. buts thats a personal issue im recieving medication for.... ubbangel

bounce ubbrollsmile bounce2

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
hug smile

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Jon, I'm really really really jealous mad hehe

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UmbiliciformCraterOnFace

I also like having different voices to read the posts in.. buts thats a personal issue im recieving medication for.... ubbangel

oh how crazy is that!?!!

when i watch videos in peoples galleries i'm like eek thats not how i imagined you sounding! be like my imagination dammit ubbloco

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UmbiliciformCraterOnFace

I also like having different voices to read the posts in

I do that too! ubblol

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Just to let you all know that Jon left Mr MadJugglers house for the airport yesterday afternoon and should be returning to blighty within about 6 hours smile
Was fun to hang out with Mr UCoF for the past week and the hot tub was well used hehe

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Page: ...