Forums > Social Chat > Proof that the Aussie girls got it right

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
I saw this on the news and couldn't help but do a search on it.

Trust me just click here. Could there be any other way to protest ???

Nude not Nuke !

Or even better "the bush against Bush protest"

[ 26. February 2003, 13:11: Message edited by: poiaholic22 ]

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I saw this on the news the night that they held the protest and actually was quite emotional as a result.

Such a feminine and beautiful protest. I wish I could have been part of it.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Pick on the idea of Flash getting naked?

Nope, too easy.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I knew someone would want to take the bait.

oo - lookie here ma! I caught me a big yankee fish!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
lmao at flash

i have no further coments to make on this thread other than.... ausie gurls know how to protest in style. fair play. i wanna get neked now too, second thoughts you dont wanna see my man boobs.

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
mental images of flash speaking her mind while every one is mezmarised by her naked beuty

oh my

this going to be hard to think of work for the rest of the day now

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
*growls*

Look at my EYES when I'm talking to you storma.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Yankee fish?!

Well, I guess if you can't get it through intellect, intelligence or reason... taking your clothes off is the easiest way to get what you want.

Right Flash?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Kiddamember
60 posts

Posted:
The first time i saw that i couldnt help but wonder how cold they must all be.

This is a good way to protest about consumer culture https://www.mydadsstripclub.com/index.htm

the virgin on ridiculous, is a very wierd sight to see when out shopping, but they make their point well.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Ya, Canada did the first one so big deal Then again like anybody reports about news in Canada!

(No offence to Canadians everywhere, I am sure you are all good people. You should feel no shame in turning every practical sentace into a question ay?)

(Once again I apologise to any Canadian that I might have offended, atleast you have decent animals, you could be like the Aussies... come on a platipus... WTF is up with that?)

(To all Australians or platipy lovers that I might have offended, we all know that the cute platipy everywhere are truly great creatures, especially when dipped in a nice Ranch Dressing!)

(My most sincer apologies to all vegitarian platipy lovers that I might have offended, eating the meat of cute furry lill creatures is wrong, while slaughtering discusting tuna on the other hand is quite acceptible!)

(It seems that I have drawn this out too far, so I must apologise to any and all people who have sufferd through this due to their attention span... OHH LOOK WAL*MART HAS A SALE ON RIDDELIN!)

*runs away*

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
The aussie blokes did one as well, they spelt out: Peace man

...groovy...

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
sorry did you say samthing flash i was to bizy checking out your umm

*sees the look of iminent intent to kill in your eyes*

um
beutiful twirling skills

*runs*

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
ray its platapus not platipy

if you intend to steal our women you should learn the right turmanology

[ 26. February 2003, 17:53: Message edited by: brainstorma ]

2,905 posts

Posted:
If something is given to you, you cant steal it!

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Groovy! Puts Poi4Peace to shame, thats for sure!

Don't think the naked protest will catch on the same way here though, not until summer comes anyhow

Brrr!!! Big respect to the NY ladies. Although there was the danger those passing may have thought they were carrying our a promotion for waxing at a local salon! Naked women forming the words 'No Bush'. Hmmm.

And nice to hear that Australia are giving out Australian women to the US marines so that they don't feel lonely. I bet surrounded by 750 naked honeys it would not be too long before our Raymund started chanting "make love, not war"

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
*Ahhhhem,coughdamncoughlightningcoughideacough coughstealercough*

*Bubububumpbump*

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
*hands poiaholic a cough drop*
You okay there, buddy?

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
The aussie girls did one on Sunday at Leichhardt Oval, Sydney:
If war is crude, protest nude

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Thank you Kinudin. I have been quite under the weather lately. Makes me say the dammdest things.

[ 04. March 2003, 16:28: Message edited by: poiaholic22 ]

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Guess which branch of the american military has an average IQ of 80? (no offense to any marines or anything eh?)

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Is it the catering corp?

Meh

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
na you need brains to cook for that many people

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
quote:
Guess which branch of the american military has an average IQ of 80? (no offense to any marines or anything eh?)

The marine might not be taking offense, but his gf is. Fun is fun, but back it down guys, it is getting old.

You and Ray may not agree on everything, but even despite my bias he has done a hell of a lot more to consider other people's positions than most other people on this board. If he doesn't know something, he will go away and research. If he is wrong and shown to be wrong, he will admit his mistake. He tries to bear your jibes with good humour.

Yes, sometimes he does lose his temper. Yes, sometimes he gets into overly passionate arguments. But he is always prepared to admit when he is in the wrong.

I am not saying stop debating with him, quite frankly he'd hate it if you did. But stop with the petty provocation already.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
i think the genral pregadis of people to the higharacy of the US army causes people to react to ray's belifes in life

i may jib at him but i also understand his patriotism and belife in his country

although i come from very left wing belifes i to have been on time tempted to join the australien army

to make fun is ok but to take plesure in the weekness of others is crewl and with out humanity

somthing i hear many tak about in here

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
First off Ray you spelt eh wrong, thats how you spell it.

hmmm Average IQ of USMC: 80
Average IQ of Canadian Armed Forces: 115

Notice that us Canuck like to keep the peace not make war. I wonder if that have anything to do with the above figures?

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Where is the close ups

No, I have seen this done before, but just a Peace sign (circle w/ upside down Y)

~Fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

2,905 posts

Posted:
Astar, you are a very sad little man. I pity you.

Frost, how exactly does one spell a sound wrong? It is not a real word, so how is it wrong?

Kat, when have I ever said that I wanted to go to war?

What you all know of me is nothing. You don’t know a damn thing except that I am in the Marines and I love my country. For that you ridicule me. Not one of you except for Rozi has taken 5 minutes out of your busy day to get to know me, so before you pass judgment on me or anyone that has ever served in the Corps, you had best think twice.

Feel free to keep jeering at me it only serves to make yourself look worse.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i don't think these jibes were that personal really. unless those figures about iq levels were made up...?

i believe if you look rozi, it was ray that started the sarcastic vibe here by taking the piss out of canadians and badly paraphrasing kevin smith.

if you start some sh*t (even if it is 'in good humour'), expect a comeback is all i can say.

and wasn't there a topic here or something...? oh yeah, i too liked the photo (unfortunately, despite the naked women on display, this is another thread that has decended into a brawl with ray ).

at ease everybody

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

2,905 posts

Posted:
I have enough Canadian and Australian friends to know that they can take a fucking joke. Did I single anyone out? No, did I say that Canadians were stupid and that they didnt deserve to have what they did reported? No, di I say that Australians were dumb because of there cute little animal population? No, did I make a very very bad joke on the desclaimer to Kevin Smith's Dogma? Yes, it was meant as humor and to bring cheer to someones day. Not to insult, deminer, piss off, piss on anybody.

I am sorry that you all feel that I am just out to attack everyone and make them all feel bad. Perhaps I will from now on though.

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
I really don't understand the need to pick on Ray in this thread.

There are other anti-war threads where the various ideas should be debated, but why must it always get personal?

Not liking someone's ideas or politics doesn't mean you shouldn't be civil and courteous to him or her.

Raph

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
This isn't about the war protest, but a continuation on the title of this thread:

quote:
Women Dance Naked for Rain
MELBOURNE (Reuters) - Hundreds of Australian women danced naked at a secluded location amid drought-ravaged farmland on Sunday in a ritual intended to bring rain.

Organizers from the small town of Ouyen in far northwest Victoria state said up to 500 women danced and chanted in a ceremony inspired by a Nepali drought-breaking tradition.

"We are all pretty positive that it is going to work and the community here has got behind it just so well," organizing committee chairwoman Lynne Healy told Reuters. "We are expecting rain within the next few days, or a week anyway."

The dance was held alongside regional family day festivities, with the women taken by buses to the secret location to complete the dance either naked or partially clothed, in sarongs.

"It has been a great day for community connectedness and positive mental health for people in drought-affected areas, and that was one of the reasons behind it too," Healy said.

Rain fell in the region last week, following a rehearsal dance, but farmers need more in the next few months to let them plant crops.
Pele, when you visit Aus maybe I will join you. It seems the women there love to get naked. I may start supporting all sorts of causes. I'll be their photographer and web page designer.

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

Page: