Forums > Social Chat > Poi is cool according to Marie Claire magazine!Good or bad?

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 123
icklepurklegirl
icklepurklegirl

Total posts: 116
Posted:Dear lord...whilst browsing through my housemates trendy fashion mags, I found poi in the 'whats hot' section of Marie Claire!
Watch out for business women spinning near you soon!
Seriously, is this the end of poi as a community of like minded individuals via the death knell of corporate branding? Or is it a possible new influx of lovely spinners?
opinions?

-spinnin' to the rhythm of the new world order-

Delete Topic

Mynci
Mynci

Macaque of all trades
Total posts: 8737
Posted:no problem I work with 40 ft long 9'6" high reefer containers... and NOT the good kind wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Delete

poig
poig

marmite and nutella sandwich
Total posts: 1590
Posted: Written by: NYC

Sorry to transition back on topic but I missed this thread the first time through.

Poi wasn't cooler in 2003. Nor was it cooler in 2001 when I wrote this thread on the Poi Fad.

It wasn't cooler when you started. It wasn't cooler when I started. It won't be cooler when some newbie starts it tomorrow.

It's not going to be more or less cool when they start giving them out at starbucks.

It's going to stay exactly as cool as it always was.

It was you that was less cool back then. Your less coolness made the poi seem cooler by comparison. Now that you've gotten cooler the poi seem less cool when they haven't changed at all.

cool

But poi is cool in my school... ever since I started doing it there, everybody wanted a go, people are even asking where to get them from

But I don't want too many poiers-I want it to stay an unusual sport, so I'm not telling people nana

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

Delete

Durbs
Durbs

Classically British
Total posts: 5688
Posted:Nah afraid not.
Poi is only cool when done in graffiti sprayed urban wastelands, beaches, poi festivals (aka Cool Festivals) and on top of mountains.

Few things are cool when done in school, except possibly trigonomatry

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

poig
poig

marmite and nutella sandwich
Total posts: 1590
Posted:Maybe not, maybe it just happens to be that the group that i'm in as we generally influence the rest of the school biggrin

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

Delete

Mynci
Mynci

Macaque of all trades
Total posts: 8737
Posted:trigonometry is Meg's double staff video with all the triangles...that IS cool wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Delete

Page: 123