Forums > Technical Discussion > Will these LED balls attach to my current cords?

Login/Join to Participate

Chris369BRONZE Member
6 posts

Posted:
https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails.php/264_55_Rainbow_LED

And i have these poi at the moment

https://www.poipoi.info/shop/index.php?crn=1&rn=291&action=show_detail

And heres a close up of the attatchment bit - https://www.poipoi.info/images/shop/detail-cobra2_1.gif

Do you think those LED balls will attach to that?

Thanks in advance!

Nadojourneyman
61 posts

Posted:
I cant see why not.

the only problem is that the clip may be to large for the ring on the glow poi.

A smallish key ring would fix that problem though.

-N

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
Hmm I think they will attach, but I'd be worried about the difference in weight between the usual cobra heads and the LED balls.

I don't have either so certainly can't say for definite, but my concern would be the attachment bits breaking or deforming because of the extra weight and G force they'll be under when spun.

You could get some chains off here - these cord ones are cheap and would do the job, or you could invest in some better ones that you could attach fire heads to.

Could be wrong though about the cobra cords not being suitable, so hopefully some other people will post as well smile

Chris369BRONZE Member
6 posts

Posted:
I have tennis balls in the cobras and those LED balls weigh 80g, so i suppose i should weigh the tennis balls and see if there is much difference.

TotalEclipseGOLD Member
120 posts

Posted:
If you have some fire poi, you could detach the fire heads and use them. If not, you can get some fire poi as a future investment, and use the chains off them smile

I'm not keen on fire poi. Honest. smile

Chris369BRONZE Member
6 posts

Posted:
I dont have fire poi yet, i only got the cobras yesterday!

I think i might just get the cords K suggested (https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails.php/263_27_nylon_cords) as they are only ~£3 and the rings at the bottom look better than the things i have on my cobras (the tennis ball fall of earlier :/ ). My only concern about the ones in the link dont have any way of 'pivoting' near the D ring whereas my cobras do ... will that make it harder to do moves?

Edit: Actually, i think i will keep my current cords but replace the clips with those rings instead and if my cords arent suitable for the balls then i will buy some other cords.
EDITED_BY: Chris369 (1157279071)

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
I have fluffy poi that have the HoP nylon cords - they have a swivel thingy above the split ring at the bottom, and I've never found it a problem that there isn't a swivel at the top by the D-ring. I prefer chains to cords but that's just a personal thing really.

But yeah, replacing the cobra clips with split rings should be fine I think. My glow poi are LED juggling balls inside washing tablet bags (from Persil) that I can attach to my usual chains with split rings. The rings are 2cm diameter, were dirt cheap and have been fine smile

Chris369BRONZE Member
6 posts

Posted:
Ive changed all 4 of the clips to rings now so things shouldnt start falling off again (cord came off the loop earlier). Time to order some LED balls now smile

Chris369BRONZE Member
6 posts

Posted:
I got the LED balls, ordered them on the 3rd and they were here on the 8th! Im in England and i wasnt expecting it that quick considering i only paid about £2 delivery.

Anyway, i put them on the keyrings and was playing with them last night and one of the keyrings unwinded and the ball rolled off hehe. Replaced it with a stronger keyring now and hopefully it will be ok.

They look amazing at night esp when you set them off at different times!

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
'I prefer chains to cords but that's just a personal thing really.' eek ubblol

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

kashGOLD Member
Dangerous cynic
166 posts

Posted:
The clips on cobra heads are shoddy, they bend under not much force. I have the 135g weight upgrade on my Cobra II and they have bent the clip open on occasions, I replaced them with split rings in the end.
The glow poi are fairly weighty. I would suggest buying a pair of nylon cords from HOP, they cost £2, so it's not going to break the bank, and they will definately attach.
Changing heads on poi cords is far more hassle than it's worth, and with these cords being so cheap, I just have a cord for every set.