Forums > Social Chat > go out or lose internet???

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:
guys i need help desperately .... ok this needs to be answered within 30 mins do i either go out enjoy a cool gig and lose the internet or not go out and have a sh*t night and keep the internet?? please help as if its the first option im walking out and mum doesnt care thanks

Actually back on HoP guys ...

Owned By MiG
Owns Fyre and Mods_Stole_My_Name

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
Woah slow down!

What's the gig? Is it a once in a lifetime amazing gig, or just something that happens to be on tonight that you could go to?

Lose the internet - for how long? How much do you use it? Do you *need* it for things, or is it just something you like having?

And possibly most importantly... Walking out - what, forever? Like leaving home?

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:
yeah when all the local bands get together and play and i was ging with a really nice guy and internet perminatly lost if i do

Owned By MiG

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
Personally I'd say overall going out tonight means you lose out more in the long term.

But it's your choice. Guess you have to weigh up which is more important to you.

KittyKillenthusiast
365 posts

Posted:
wow rock and a hard place...

is it the gig that mom has a problem with or the guy??

Have you ever notice that poi is spelled backwords on the key board.............................................creepycool

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
it's a sad state of affairs when you can't do without the internet for a night hug get your ass out to the gig, have fun, get drunk and forgett about the net for once

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ravehead

it's a sad state of affairs when you can't do without the internet for a night hug get your ass out to the gig, have fun, get drunk and forgett about the net for once

Usually I'd agree with the sentiment, except that apparently it's not just for the night...

Written by: Devilsarmy

internet perminatly lost if i do

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
Stay Home! You can always go out another night.

Yeah I know, this advise comes too late. shrug

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:
lol no its ok ....... at least i can top this thread up if it happens again .... i hate my mother when she does it....jason called this morning..."emma where were you last night? i looked everywhere for you and you werent anywhere" redface guess i didnt do so well by staying in

Owned By MiG

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
Maybe it's not so bad - if you look at it like this, everyone's won:
1) you kept the internet
2) you kept the peace with your mum
3) Jason missed you and actually called you the first opportunity he had and told you! Sounds like you haven't lost him just cos you didn't go out last night smile

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TheBovrilMonkey

Usually I'd agree with the sentiment, except that apparently it's not just for the night...

my bad, i didn't fully understand what i was reading lastnight redface
 Written by: Devilsarmy

internet perminatly lost if i do

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:
.... mm i dont know he left with a girl when i talked to cassie on msn last night so .... still wanted to go =[ meh

Owned By MiG

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:

and you encourageing under age drinking young man. lol

glad you stayed in, sure you may hate your mum for it but you still have to respect her decision. it sucks being a teenager its the same for every one.
on the plus side i fthe guy is a nice guy then he wouldn't of done anything with another girl. if he's a knob and did then your better off without him. If you hear things from other people wait until you hear it from the person involved. you know what people are like for trying to cause drama's just becuase one person considders 'leaving with another girl' may as well mean they are togther as an item doesn't mean that its the fact. he could of just walked out the door with her.

i wouldn't want to be a teenager every again. it sucks. hug hug

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

DavidJNolanPrecision instrument of speed and aromatics
240 posts

Posted:
 Written by: GothFrogette

i wouldn't want to be a teenager every again. it sucks.

Amen to that!

Placate your mother whenever its convenient, it makes it much easier to get away with things.
And don't worry, things get much easier when you hit your twenties biggrin

Not a spinner!

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:

i wouldn't want to be a teenager every again. it sucks. hug hug

!!! whaddayya mean?
being a teenager is great, lotsa festivals, lotsa good times and as much free time to spin as you want. smile

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I'm with Yoni! Being a teenager for the most part was great.

What is this with all the mother dissing. I know some parents truely never should have had children and really need to be sorted out, but most parents are just people trying the best they can to keep their kids safe whilst helping them to grow, have fun and learn.

Being a grown up isn't all it's cracked up to be, especially when you are responsible for the welfare of another human being. Sometimes parents get it wrong, they are after all only human and muddling through the best they can. Maybe cut them a bit of slack and try making friends with them again.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
 Written by: yoni

[

!!! whaddayya mean?
being a teenager is great, lotsa festivals, lotsa good times and as much free time to spin as you want. smile

thats only if you have really nice understanding trusting parents. which are rare

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:
thankyou see i hate being a teenager because it means mum thinks im like 9 years old and mel we werent going to be drinking =[ it would of been nice to go but i wouldnt push it by coming home drunk not that stupid ...... ps. sam forgot to pick me up so im home biggrin

Owned By MiG

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Skulduggery

Being a grown up isn't all it's cracked up to be, especially when you are responsible for the welfare of another human being. Sometimes parents get it wrong, they are after all only human and muddling through the best they can. Maybe cut them a bit of slack and try making friends with them again.

hug very well said skully!

DA i know the feeling, it was like that right up till i moved out of home, but ya just gotta stick it out i spose.

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:

Make friends i

Owned By MiG

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:

Make friends is like telling a bull dont hit me whilest wearing a red suit

Written by: sketch

DA i know the feeling, it was like that right up till i moved out of home, but ya just gotta stick it out i spose.

god i could be at that for years frown meh

Owned By MiG

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
ok then maybe not making friends as such but not making things worse and just putting up with it.

just remember your not alone, you have friends and the same problems as loads of teenagers out there and easier than some too.

hug

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:
yeah .... you think tieing them up in a cupboard would make things worse?

Owned By MiG

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
Bear in mind that this is a time when the boundaries are changing- for you and your parents. I think there is probably a bit of testing going on on both parts. Yes, I understand completely how you feel I have been there ( I am sure we have talked enough about my relationship with my mother- for my liking anyway) but I completely agree with what Skully said too. I think it is highly unlikely your mama will admit to making any mistakes, but that doesn't mean she doesn't realise she is making them.

As for the making friends thing..I know that wouldn't have worked for me. Keeping my cool over the small things, and trying to work out the bigger things in a calm and sensible manner would have done though.

Although it does sound like your mamas threat was a little unreasonable (impossible to judge though, not having actually been there) I do think you did the right thing by not going out this time.

hug

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:
mmmm still think i should of but i didnt instead i had the annoence of adam saying go downstairs and say sorry ... i was thinking for what? i didnt go out. confused then we had a shouting match on get out of my room by me and no let me go on you internet from him ..... i sat there and thought get bent for once i havent got mine taken off me and all the times i did you never let me on yours so no but its adam grrr

Owned By MiG

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:

glad you stayed in, sure you may hate your mum for it but you still have to respect her decision.

sorry but i disagree totally with that.

i don't respect her decision to use what is clearly blackmail in the slightest.

admittedly i'm not a mum (or a dad wink ) yet but if that ultimatum was not preceeded by at least some discussion of why she presented that 'choice', i'd say it was a pretty low form of coercion shrug

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: coleman

glad you stayed in, sure you may hate your mum for it but you still have to respect her decision.

sorry but i disagree totally with that.

i don't respect her decision to use what is clearly blackmail in the slightest.

admittedly i'm not a mum (or a dad wink ) yet but if that ultimatum was not preceeded by at least some discussion of why she presented that 'choice', i'd say it was a pretty low form of coercion shrug

cole. x

Word. Blackmail is not the best way to control your kids. It just pisses us off.

smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:
amen!! yet my parents do it all the time frown and they wonder why i do alot of the stuff i do ..... braindead

Owned By MiG

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
well speaking from a mums perspective i wouldn't let my 15 year old go to a pub where its a fact that there will be alot of uderage drinkers.... and it was proven that there were a hell of alot of them, a couple of fights etc it was not only a gig open to teenagers it was open to all and finished quite lat And if they had gone against my wishes then a punishment would of been put into play. like loss of internet. maybe i am just far too strickt on my kids then? but i wouldn't let them down the park knowing full well they were drinking and smoking down there too.
I am sorry DA but as i have said before i do agree with your mum on this one, it is not safe for a young girl of your age to be going into a situation like this with a guy you don't even know that well. If you want to do things like that when you are old enough then its up to you.

I can see this from both side being a parent and also remembering what it was like for me as a teenager. Honestly you have got a pretty easy ride with what you are alowed to do.

again all in my opinion. And besides you didn't go out and you still have your internet. hug

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Hey, just don't tell the guy that when you had the choice, you picked the internet ubblol.

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

Pen DravenUnofficial Lord Of Confusion And Pirate Extrodinaire
1,363 posts

Posted:
DA,, you know what i said saturday,, and i agree with Froggie on this one too,, yeah double teaming,, you know you love it.....

hug hug

Some men see things and say why....

I Dream of things that never were and say Why Not....?

Oh No I'm going to get Shot Alive if he finds out - DA wink

Page: