CJ_ChucklesBRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
So whos up for making a new world record?? anybody, No, dust! ubbrollsmile

We must stop the destruction of the planet, We need trees, not fac-trees.Otherwise the creatures of this earth will take back what is rightfully theirs.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
What kind of world record?

If it's something cool then maybe.
If it's 'most baked beans up a single nostril' then I think I'll give it a miss. I might watch though wink

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
i'm with Bov... it depends on what it is where its going to be etc

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

CJ_ChucklesBRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
well i think we go for the most amount of fire spiners in a Choreographed fire display. i took part in one @ play festival but it was only like 174 ppl, i bet we could double lol.

& while were at it, we cud breack sum other ones as.

we cud evein get the bbc to film the show frm a heilcopter

We must stop the destruction of the planet, We need trees, not fac-trees.Otherwise the creatures of this earth will take back what is rightfully theirs.

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
You're obviously welcome to have a go, but I don't think it's likely that you'll get more than 174 people to take the time at glastonbury to learn the choreography and actually show up to the record attempt.

Plus, do you really want to spend most of your festival trying to make it happen? I think it'll take more effort than you realise.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
ditto

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
i don't think he means glastonbury festival because the date is April... just in glastonbury generally like.

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
By the date at the top of the thread I don't think CJ_Chuckles is talking about the Glastonbury festival. There is more to Glastonbury than the festival wink (which isn't actually held in Glastonbury, but Pilton)

To me spinning isn't about being the best, the biggest or stuff like that, so I'll say no thanks, but if that's your bag good luck in setting it up CJ_Chuckles.

[edit] Ooooooh look that clever Non Lady beat me to it ubblol

ditto Non [/edit]
EDITED_BY: Skulduggery (1157278168)

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I saw that, but since it's a tuesday and the comment about the BBC filming from helicopter (I don't reckon they'd do that for any old record attempt), I assumed it was just a random date put in get this thread started.

If it's not, and I got the wrong end of the stick, then I think it's even less likely - not many people are likely to make the effort to get to glastonbury just for a couple of minutes of spinning.

CJ_ChucklesBRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
well, the date was a little ramdon, but i was thinkin about doin it around there if possible.

its not at the fetsival, i have to very large fields to wrk work with, we cud easily fit all the tents on one, and leave the othere for spining extra, plus theres a pub on the site as well.

i jst think it wud be pretty kool to get shed loads of ppl down for a couple of days & have to fun spining.

and possible getting the bbc down. im pretty sure i can get a heilcopter frm a local, and know a small film crew if the bbb arent up for it.

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
 Written by: CJ_Chuckles

i jst think it wud be pretty kool to get shed loads of ppl down for a couple of days & have to fun spining.

why don't you set up a meet? or at least try. unless there are some already set up where you live. when people see others spinning it gets others interested

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
I saw tv coverage of the 'world record for most people breathing fire all at once' some time ago that was done somewhere near Glastonbury. It's not impossible, but the choreographing/organisation would be hard work.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
its a very difficult thing as everyone who was at play found out, and again i think it is gonna be very difficult to get everyone down just for the record.

you also ahve to remember to make it very simple choreography in order to have everyone being able to do it, and do it in time with each other

at play the routine went in waves from the centre to the outside which does look amazing when done really well, but when there isnt that much time to prepare everyone and practise lots before the actual attempt it can be very difficult to do

it does seem you may not have quite thought through all the logistics of the situation

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
i am up for doing somthing like that as long as its done safe i dont want no poi spinning within centimeters of my devilstick.... Why dont u try do a weekend meetup or somthing to start with...

the organisation to the one at play was just massive... plus at play there were far more people then that on site that just didnt take part or had left

*Looks upset*

Hay u reckon we could try again next year.

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

cj-chucklesBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
well yeah of course it has to be safe, that wud be the most important part of the event.

the routine will be similar to play working with wave, but unlike play, there will be a marked position where ppl will stand (with paint)

At the moment its jst an idea, & the whole point of putting out the message in here, is getting everythink right & to see if we can do it. and most of all ppl feedbk, i've only every really arranged small meets of around 50 ppl, and gig night in pubs (around 300)and stuff and i thought if i try pulling that together we could really make a amzing wkd!

and i know the date isnt really realistic, but i was only tryin to start the wheels rolling so to speak.