Tikimember
44 posts

Posted:
I started spinning just about exactly seven days ago. So far I've gotten down most everything listed here on the site, and gotten down circular weaves and a double weave(Is that slow or fast pace?) I've spent all day trying to figure out doing a windmill type thing but doing a weave out of it. Could anyone take a shot at explaining the motions on that one? -thanks

1. CAUTION: Knife is very sharp. Keep out of children
2. A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
3. Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
Welcome Tiki,This has been posted on the New Moves category, you can do a search and get some really great information on how to do this. The way I learned, was to do a forward weave and when the poi are on the right, instead of crossing over to the left, take your right hand and swing behind youre head, like youre combing the back of your head down. Have your left hand follow. Then practice from the other side, and also from reverse weave. Much fun, but be prepared to get bruised...------------------~I dont care if they eat me alive, Ive got better things to do than survive. ~Ani

Wow

Tikimember
44 posts

Posted:
quote:
Much fun, but be prepared to get bruised...
smile I'm still waiting for the bruises to go away on my hands from figuring out arm wraps. Thanks a bunch for the quick reply Shibaki, I'll slide over to the new moves section and play catch-up cool

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Tiki, what exactly do you call a double weave?nomad

Tikimember
44 posts

Posted:
quote:
Posted by Nomad:Tiki, what exactly do you call a double weave?
I might not be using the right term for it, but it's near the bottom of This Page. It's the weave with a 2:2 beat crossing each other on the second turn then uncrossing on the next turn. I've been trying to get that fluid enough that it doesn't look dumb all day.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
the way i learned...learn a corkscrew (which i think the motions are easier to learn & teach) then practicethe corkscrew with your wrists closer together. once you get that, do the cork screw and gradually stand up straight.The weave, corkscrew and windmill are all essentially the same move, just travelling in different planes around your body... the CS i think breaks the motion down well, and is the gate way move to the others..Bruises?? from hitting yourself?? man you suck....I draw blood. grin [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif">Super'------------------[/image]"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
i kinda made up a move where the left hand does a 1:1 (figure 8) beat and the right hand does a 2:1 beat (weave). i can reverse which hands do which too, suppose now i should learn it in backwards smile

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
oh, yea, i can also do the 2:2 beat weave pretty well (i need to start learning my moves in backwards)