Sexy Chickmember
27 posts

Posted:
I was always wondering why I was always getting looked down at by the ''preps'' at my job and I finally figured it out...it's b/c I rave and do all this stuff. Has anyone else had this problem lately...b/c people are still being snobs, and I need to kow how to deal with it w/out going nuts and killing them all.....

Walking slowly through the rain...Without worries theres no pain...If you see a shooting star...All your problems seem so far.

ivan..member
165 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Sexy Chick:
I was always wondering why I was always getting looked down at by the ''preps'' at my job and I finally figured it out...
well her lies the rub .. you figure it's the preps that are looking down on you?
perhaps it's because you are allowing their rules to bring you down.... i mean you obviously have lumped them into a category and they have lumped you into yours .. once you start labeling you start on a slippery slope

.... lots of people try to bring me down because of my physical appearance .. and i let them try all they want , others try to make me feel dumb because they have university education.. and thats usally a waste of their time ( i gots me my own book learnin papers ) .. generally the world is filled with people who want to judge ya because some one has judged them and made them feel bad... it's a nasty game and we all play it ... to keep myself sane ... i enjoy my largess (oops i meant to say largeness) and the fact that people assume i'm a big dumb hick... and choose my friends carefully and my enimies even more carefully .. and i treat people the way i want to be treated ... and i find in the end the only people who really matter are those people who treat me the way they want to be treated .. a funny thing .. in the world of performance these rules work just as well

but if you let your co-workers get you down, then maybe you deserve to be sad about your lifestyle .. specially if their opinions matter

pax ab bello
ivan

thats right i look like an albino ape that has had a bad day.. go ahead say something stupid... i dare ya !

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
go nuts, kill em all, post some pixx for us

I think it's cuz people assume that rave=drugs, flat out. I've found more people are a _little_ more accepting when I tell em what the 'scene' has done for me re:creativity n expression(even outlook on life). Hokey yes, true yes..If I hadn't gotten into the rave scene, I wouldn't spin rekkids, might not be the digital artist I am now, and well, I'm sure I would have seen fire somewhere else and have had to learn it, but it might have taken longer neh. But it's really the drugs/rave association that has to be broken first, I did it with my parents, worked there. just sum thots..

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
ah yes, n what ivan sez..I get that sometimes too, re: first impressions..I love shattering that(if it's bad ), there is _nothing_ more satisfying than letting someone know they can't pigeonhole you..But the crux of the matter is that people that tend to do that are pretty close-minded themselves, therein lies the need to fit everything in their nice _little_ box, and so are those kind of peoples' opinions even worth your time or greif? think not..

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
hehe go nutz kill em all and then pass the pic's of the dumb preps at the next rave you hit

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
People will alway's look down at you if they don't know you . Especially work collegues cause it's all about image there
You want the soloution

Be True to yourself ! .

If you can't do that you will be miserable .

People judge me all the time on sight , Then now and again they discover what im like and don't worry about me.

[ 01. March 2003, 18:24: Message edited by: Ivan Newton(grubiln) ]

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Be true to your self,
but remember,

"Do not judge, for you will be judged in return"
and
"If you lable me, you negate me."

ivan is right.
quote:
.... i mean you obviously have lumped them into a category and they have lumped you into yours .. once you start labeling you start on a slippery slope

Roll with it, it is thier ignerance and misfortune in not learning more about you.

[ 01. March 2003, 18:24: Message edited by: FireSpirit ]

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!