Forums > Meet Others > Moving to Southern Oregon..any poi teachers

Login/Join to Participate

arnoragreenlassBRONZE Member
11 posts

Posted:
My family and I are in the works of moving to southern oregon. We wish to live in the ashland area. This will be in months time but I would like to send a early heads up to anyone in the area. I still havent gotten any poi but would like to know if there is any stores in the area? so I know if i need to get it via here internet or can I pick some up in OR.
Also if any in the area want to chat so im not so newbie over there that would be cool.
thanks
smile

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
Hiya smile There's a ton of spinners here in Oregon. I've yet to make a trip south, so I'm not too overly familiar with the folks down there, but there's a troupe in ashland and several folks in the surrounding areas. Eugene here has an amazingly large population of fire spinners and Portland has a crazy amount as well. The only problem is that there's alot of factions and cliques, so it's sometimes hard to find folks. Anyways, if Ashland is your destination, check here:

https://tribes.tribe.net/higherfirescience

You can find me on tribe and myspace as suibom if you use either of those portals. Tribe is a good resource for finding North American spinners/fire folk.

Peace,
- Sui

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

11 posts

Posted:
oh cool, thanks Suibom. I checked out the website and it was intresting. It looks like you guys have a lot of fun
Maybe we can hang out once i am over on the west coast. Just so you know i dont want to try fire for a long time.. get used to normal poi, since i just ordered my poi and i am waiting for it to come here.
Thanks for the heads up
I was not sure if anyone would post in responce to my heads up in oregon one. ^^
take care and once again thanks for telling me i can find poiers out there ^^ weavesmiley

11 posts

Posted:
Ok I am in Ashland now, moved here last week and I cant find a bloody job bah
Also I would like to meet up maybe once i find my poi again after all this moving. I really need to practice again and get somewhere

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
my aunt says there are a bunch of jobs in bend...i don't know how far away that is

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

11 posts

Posted:
its been a while since i came back here
Busy at work. I work at windmill inns in ashland. Been there for about 3 months.
Need to pratice my poi more. Just so budy at work and my lack of social life or trying to get one started

If any are in ashland, I know there is the ashland fire spinners but i seam to have a hard time getting intouch with them. So if any are in ashland now
please contact me I have today and tomorrow off an want to get into lithia park and do some poi

take care all
^.^