LSKmember
66 posts

Posted:
Ok, So I got a fire diabolo a little while ago now and I'm having some issues with the kevlar string. It seems to slow the diabolo very quickly compared to my normal diabolo string (which I appreciate is nylon so more slippy), but basically I have just about enough time to do a trick and get out of it, but no time to spare if I want to pause for a few seconds.

Anyone experienced this? and got got any helpful hints on how I could reduce the friction? ... what about putting a little oil on the string? .. or is that just a stupid idea as the whole thing gets pretty hot?

Lx

Mr_widdeat my face before i eat yours
253 posts

Posted:
oil on the string won't work. to be honest i just use the normal diablo string i got. it works if you don't get tangled and well i haven't had one snap on me yep due to it getting burnt. the Kevlar stink got on my nerves too. although if you decide to do this, make sure to replace it often to reduce the risk of it burning and snapping. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS VERY BAD ADVISE IF YOU WISH TO SPIN IT AROUND OTHER PEOPLE, ITS NOT WORTH THE RISK.

LSKmember
66 posts

Posted:
Cool, thanks for the help.

I might use a normal string to practice with, but I guess I'll just have to put up with the kevlar-ness when there's more than a couple of people around!

Lx

megpancoastSILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
My string snapped within 3 seconds of my sundia fire diabolo being lit. I do not recommend this