Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
Hey people. I have started to write a collection of information on tropical, sub-tropical, and coldwater fish, so I was wondering if any of you fish peeps out there would be interested in helping me write my book by submitting information on fish that you have or have kept in the past. Any help will be greatly appreciated, and credit will be given to all that help, along with a copy of the book if it ever gets published

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
Fresh trout are yummy
I happen to like mine spitted with a little bit of soy sauce glaze/marinade..Same goes for bass..

I can post recipes too if needed, I got the mad beer batter recipe, no prob..

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
When we were little my little sister and I,
we had a hamster, and goldfish.

My sister liked the hamster,
she was always taking it out and stroking it
and the goldfish.

1,148 posts

Posted:
thats the problem with fish..they don't seem to enjoy being taken out and petted..is why salamanders are the shiznt

Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

1,148 posts

Posted:
AND the mighty NEWT

Ars Pyronomica

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i used to keep mud skippers.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I love mackeral battered in cornmeal and fried.

Is this book about keeping fish in aquariums or just general information about them in the wild?

Either way as a joke you should have a couple of recipes for each fish (real recipes) at the end of the rest of the information about the fish.

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
Astar it is for the aquarium.

1112- would you be able to supply information on your mudskippers, where they common or not?

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
A friend of mine does a lot of conservation diving in the Phillipines.

If there is any info he might know that would assist you give me a shout and I'll do my best to help.

Good luck.

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

(andrew)member
140 posts

Posted:
if you flush a goldfish down the loo it doesnt die.
it lives down there eating stuff and growing and mutating. thoose that have flushed a gold fish down a loo in the past find that it may come back to bite them on the bum.

or swallow them whole..

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all thebad girls live.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
will you have a chapter on sea monkeys?

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
no ade, I wil not because sea monkeys are a slatwater crustacean. Us fish breeders also refer to them as fish food, and brine shrimp

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Trout are freshwater fish and have underwater weapons. They are very valuable and immensley powerful. Don't go too near them.

I suppose you'd like to hear about frogmen? They live of fish and catch them by diving onto them from a great height. They live underwater and can breath because they have amphibious nostrils.

Hope this helps.
Jo (plaguorised from Mr Scruff)

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I used to have a Pink Oscar called Jeremy Bob who would take food out of my hand and also recognised the sound of my voice. He died of old age and I buried him by a waterfall

My advice to anyone keeping oscars would be:
A) Get rid of all the plants from the tank because they just dig them up.
B) DO NOT keep 2 males together unless watching fish fighting is one of your hobbies.
C) Only let them share a tank with peacful non territorial species of fish which are larger than the Oscar's mouth.

Also you could put in your book that Tiger Barbs look pretty and swim around fast making them amusing to watch but are seriously agressive and eat their tank mates fins, but they make great food for Oscars

Are we nearly there yet?

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
ya, I know bout the tiger barbs there thistle, they also have a tendency to eat peoples nicley planted plants too *grumbles bout stupid step-dad wanting tiger barbs* I have an Oscar in the tank at my school with a pleco and a severum. Its not that you can't keep two together, its a matter of space. If you wanted to keep two oscars together you would need about a 150 u.s. gallons aquaria

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
jo
Its a whale song.

tadpoleGOLD Member
enthusiast
200 posts

Posted:
In North Carolina, it is illegal to eat ice cream with a drunken fish. Pity, really.

Also, most lipsticks contain fish scales, which is nice.

Don't worry, be happy...

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
keep 'em coming, its kinda sad tho, that on here I get all these responses to this thread and on a message board I go to, which is all about tropical fish, I haven't even gotten a single repsonse