Forums > Help! > Fire Breathing - Please Help Me!!

Login/Join to Participate

Hiei3newbie
7 posts

Posted:
Ok, I'm new to fire-breathing. I'd really like to try with actual fuel and kerosene, but I'm stuck at the "practice with water" stage. When you spit it, it's suppose to be a mist. When I try, I don't think I'm doing it right, because there's a mist, but also some bigger drops (not huge, but bigger than the mist). Is that ok / suppose to do that? If someone could maybe send me a picture of a proper mist without the flame, so I know what to try to get to, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Hiei3
Anthony

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Click

"If at first you don't suceed, give up if you value your life"

wink

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ditto

Nice one Aimee hug2

And Id also like to extend a hug2 to Hiei3 for actually asking how to do fire breathing properly instead of rushing in and trying it.

If you want to do something thats way more difficult, way more impressive and way more dangerous, try balancing two bikes on fire, on your chin wink

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
2 is for whimps wink

try 3

biggrin

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Hiei3newbie
7 posts

Posted:
Thanks Aimée, but I've read that already. It's a bit harder than they make it sound, lol. Also, I like that nice little saying, but I'm too determined to give up just yet... but I will keep it in mind smile. UmbiliciformCraterOnFace, I though about just trying it with fire, thinking maybe the drops were suppose to be there. But I decided to ask first. And, perhaps sometime soon I'll balance 2 flaming bikes on my chin, but for now, I'll stick with the basics. Thanks a bunch guys. Hmm... I still dunno if these drops are suppose to be mixed in with the mist, or if it's suppose to be 100% mist.
EDITED_BY: Hiei3 (1156881077)

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Don't take my word on this but I would guess that seeing as the fuel is going away from your mouth and most of it is ok, then it'll work alright with fire. It might be that the larger drops don't ignite, but then does that matter too much?

Although, you should ask youself if you really want to do it. Are you willing to take the risks? Have you watched Pele's video?

It's something that most people I know don't see as 'cool', and I wouldn't want you, or anyone, to get hurt just trying to be cool (not saying that's your reason, but it's a question that I have to ask)

hug

Be safe

hug

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

LaihiaSILVER Member
162 posts

Posted:
Those bigger drops are quite normal when you try it with water. Some friends of mine told me to try it with milk, cause milk has more or less the same structure as paraffine. I tried the milk but still I had those big drops. Then, after practising a lot with milk and water, I tried to create the mist with paraffine [first without fire ofcourse] and the big drops were gone... smile

But please be really careful excl

Sunshine or rain, it's not anymore the same...

Hiei3newbie
7 posts

Posted:
Alright, thanks. Ya, I read the How-To, and the Pele incident, just haven't seen the video. I'll watch it. And, of course I'll be safe. I'm too cautious not to be. It's just something I wanna try. If I don't like it, I'll just not do it anymore. Wow... I've been on tons of forums for different things... This one has to have the most helpful and caring people of all. Other forums, if you're new to whatever the forum is about, they treat you like you're stupid. Or they just don't respond. Here, I got my first 2 responses within a couple minutes. Thanks a bunch everyone =).

FixxGOLD Member
25 posts

Posted:
It should be pretty much 100% mist, maybe 98% mist with one or two little drops are ok :-)sam is pretty much right, the big drops generally just won't light - paraffin needs to be a mist/vapour to burn, liquid won't. However, having drops of flammable liquid flying about and possibly landing on you or your things while blowing big balls of flame generally isn't a great idea smile

I would kind of echo Aimeés comment though, giving up in firebreathing isn't necessarily a bad option, and it can be only temporarily! I would ask of you though, PLEASE do not just go and light up and try it with fire, even if you are 100% sure you're doing it right! You really do need to always have someoone there with you when you are firebreathing, no matter how experienced you are. And if you're just learning, you really should do it with someone who has done it before, is very well versed in all the safety precautions, and who you trust to show you properly, and look after you if anything goes wrong - firebreathing is very dangerous, and i know just seeing that written down doesn't always have the impact it should.

Phew, bit of a lecture there, sorry! I do like firebreathing though smile Been doing it for over 4 years, and i still like it, but i haven't done it for over a year now, as i've been moving around a lot, and don't know anyone who knows all the safety precautions to take out with me - much as i'd like to go out and do it anyway, definitely better safe than sorry!

Anyway, good luck with it, and have fun and be safe!

"If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space"

Hiei3newbie
7 posts

Posted:
Oh, thanks a bunch, Laihia smile. I'll keep that in mind. And I'll be sure to be careful. I don't want something bad to happen, like get burned, or inhale something. So, I'll be careful, have someone to help in case of accidents and such.. all the safety measures. Thanks again.

cheetaahnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
well. JUST DON'T or CONSIDER @ U'RE LIFE

...:::muuu-haa-haa:::...

jackyneoSILVER Member
48 posts

Posted:
well..it is a good thing that u try with water but u need a long time to do it right,the fire only came out when it feel the force that's means you must blow the fuel with force.the right thing is when you blow the fuel out from your mouth you must blow out with force and the fuel must not drip out from your mouth..one more thing fire breathing is very danger thing please think before u do and you may get your life in danger if you do fire breathing..

JayKittyGOLD Member
Mission: Ignition
534 posts

Posted:
Best of luck. I'm cherring for you... from far away but still cheering. Be careful!

Don't mind me, just passing through.

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
Just remember that having someone watch out for you, and having all the safety stuff in place... things can go wrong. Never ignore "gut feelings"

jackyneoSILVER Member
48 posts

Posted:
remember this while u are bolwing the fire make sure u don't suck the fire back..

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
if u want help with fire breathing my number one tip is

Dont do it although it is by far the most dangourous fire art there is very little skill in it saying that i have been breathing for bout 4 years just be careful and stay safe if ur gut says dont do it dont do it

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing