• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Help! > Accurate Kanji Resources Online

Login/Join to Participate

the henna lady
Total posts: 6193
Posted:Yup, that's what I'm looking for. Not how to draw them but more image and translation.
I've tried a couple of sites but found them to be a bit less than accurate.

Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Total posts: 1228
Posted:I always found translating Kanji to be very difficult, as there are just so many.

I ended up using the tools in the Asian languages kit built into windows, as it's got a pretty good way to find the right one, based on it's component parts, then it's just a matter of cut and pasting the kanji into translation.infoseek.co.jp.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

Adya Miriyana
Adya Miriyana

Total posts: 6554
Posted:Heya pele - been studying japanese for a few years now so always on the look out for good kanji sites..

best one i've found for what your after so far is actually a program called 'moji' which you install (with kanji and word dictionaries) as a part of mozilla firefox.

here's the site

it opens as a sidebar on your browser and you can find the meanings of kanji by highlighting them then clicking on the kanji icon on the moji sidebar

hope this helps smile