Forums > Social Discussion > Woody - An amazing friend who will be dearly missed.

Login/Join to Participate

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
this is partially me getting things off my chest but I also have to let people who know woody, know what has happened tonight.

I no longer post on here often but tonight I have found out some very bad news, woody has passed away in a car accident. This is a good friend who was a part of this site and known by several people here, he has been with me and experimented with lots of the early wire wool spinning and also coloured flame experiments.

This is the only way I have of letting people from HoP know this, I found out a few hours ago by phonecall and havent really let things sink in.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,

Love and Lemons,
markp x

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
eek frown

He will indeed be dearly missed. I'm not quite sure what to say, it may take a while to get my head around it properly.

Thanks for letting us know.

frown

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Things definately havent sunk in here either.

Memories of bubble wrap, sumo wrestling, lemon launching etc etc.

I have learnt a lot with woody and will always remember him for who he was.

M x

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
eek

Oh my.... He will indeed be missed!

hug to everyone who was lucky enough to have met him.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Oh f*ck!
That's a real shock. I met Woody and his lemons several times and his good nature always came across so well. I'm sure he'll be missed by even those who only met him briefly.

My thoughts are with you, Mark and all his friends and family. hug

PerrafordeBRONZE Member
Its Wet and Cold
120 posts

Posted:
I never met Woody as i'm quite new here...

My heart goes out to all those who knew Woody, his family and close friends and also those who never met him.

grouphug

Oh Slothy. I may have been bad. I may have kept you chained up in that room but it was for your own good

Either I have a monster in my kitchen or I'm completely crazy

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Hi folks,

There is so much to say and no way it can actually be written.

Remember - Bov.Monkey buying bubble wrap, people getting tied up wink , people sumo wrestling etc etc.

That is just from one clapham meet.

Woody was someone who loved playing with poi/staff and I have experimented with a lot of different ideas with him.

From what I ahve been told tonigh the lost control of his car on a wet road on way home from work, hit a tree and that was fatal.

If anyone needs to know more info please pm me, I will let you know, what I know, as I get to know it.

Currently drinking to excess and remembering the good times.

Mark P xx

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
oh man... so much love to you guys and his family and espically to woody. May he be at peace. hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
My sincerest condolences to all that knew him and to his family. May he be at rest.

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Didn't know Woody, but by all that I read here I wish I had the opportunity... hopefully next life.

My condolences.

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ubbcrying

I only met Woody the few times at Reclaim the Beach and Clapham, and I know he will be sorely missed. He was a really friendly guy and I liked the leather cowboy hat he wore.

His lemon launcher was particularly inspired.

What really affected me was when I remembered what he actually looked like, instead of just a name. He kicked ass.

I bought a lemon in Tescos today in his honour. Im going to be writing his name on it, and throwing it into a river. I dont know why, I just feel like I should. shrug

One more bright flame in the world has been extinguished frown

I think this picture is quite apt.

R.I.P

(for Pics of Woody, old friends at clapham, and an odd looking UCOF, Click me )
EDITED_BY: UmbiliciformCraterOnFace (1156879563)

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
I never knew him, but condolences to all those who have been touched by his life hug

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
ubblove and hug to those who feel most closely the gap that Woody leaves. I only met him once but he made me laugh a lot. I know that those who knew hhim will find coming to grips with this tricky so I send you all my love .....

hug

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Dear All,

We have finally got details for woody's funeral.

It will be held in kettering, next Thursday (7th sept). If anyone would like to attend please pm me and I will forward further details.

love and lemons,

Mark P x

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
eek frown

lemons frown

he was a wire wool legend to me........... on many occasions frown

i dont know what to say..........

hug to all, especially you Mark, you guys always seemed to be joined at the hip with your crazy inventions smile

My thoughts are with you and his family.............

hug

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
oh my... this is awful to hear.. I've still got his mobile number in my phone used to see you both at free parties and such like - I've not rung it in years tho.. frown

my condolences.

Lemon Launchers AHOY!!! *salutes*
EDITED_BY: Stix* (1157301140)

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
eek really sad to hear this ubbcrying frown

Thanks to Mark for letting us all know. I met Woody a few times at Glastonbury and Clapham, and will always remember him for lemons and bubble wrap smile

My thoughts & love are with you all.

ubblove hug frown

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I never met Woody, but Jon did, so on Jons behalf and at his request I sent a Lemon engraved with the words "R.I.P. Woody" down the River Tawe in my village. My sister, niece and I watched as it bobbed its way down out of sight towards the sea. Somehow it felt like a fitting tribute to someone that made a lemon flinger.

Rest in Peace Woody.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Thank you everyone for the lovely replies smile

Especially liked Jons and Skullys tribute of lemons.

Have a few more details and some friends have visited the site and decorated the tree (see pic below

Police verdict: Heavy rain, Aquaplane, Cherry tree. Instant. Grid Ref: SP 751506 on A508 near Roade. Streetmap link httphttps://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=475155&Y=250620&A=Y&Z=3 Cherry tree on the west side of road, near a laybay and footpath sign. Look for orange paint on pavement and the tree itself which is now surrounded by lemons and covered in multicoloured 2 foot ribbons. if anyone would like to visit the site please do, taking more lemons and ribbons to add to the tree. httphttps://gallery.phuq.co.uk/Lacrimae-Mundae/IMG_7155

Love and Lemons to everyone

Mark P x

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
I never met him but I feel so sad to hear a life has been cut short. My heart goes out to everyone who's lives he had touched and felt the overpowering urge to create a picture that combines the love of spinning and lemmons.

I hope nobody thinks I am being rude or that I have no business creating the following as I have never met him or been asked express how I feel through art.
I felt I needed to!

Non-Https Image Link

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
LSMP biggrin

Good work, I think the picture is excellent and quite fitting smile Thank you for your support and kind words.

Am going to visit the accident site on the way to the funeral tomorrow. Then we have a large quantity of fireworks, wire wool and paraffin for the wake.

Love, Lemons and hug 's to all,

Mark P x

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
If anyone wants to show their respect, they are more than welcome to save the picture and post it in their gallery. I am just thinking what it would look like if the main gallery page had the same picture but with a different hoppers name as the poster. Silly idea but it is given with good intention.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
hug Mark. That's fantastic tribute - all those lemons!

Although i think you should add some bubblewrap there too smile

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Meeko_KiddoSILVER Member
journeyman
84 posts

Posted:
I did not know him, but my thoughts and prayers go to his friends and family... I know what its like to lose a special person and its never easy.

Much love

Carrot_GirlClose your eyes and make a wish
194 posts

Posted:
To all who knew Woody, I'm really sad to hear about your loss.

Peace and love

x

Life is a journey ... not a guided tour.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
just wanted to say we remembered woody tonight.

rest in peace beautiful soul ubblove

smallboy, bambam & coleman. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood