Forums > Social Chat > Dom - Character References Required

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I'm meeting the one and only Dom tomorrow! I'm taking him to share a special doofing experience with us and am really looking forward to welcoming another international HoPer into my web - I mean network.... yes, my network of friends.

So - I want the goss. Tell me about Dom. I love forming preconceptions of people! (joking!)

All I know at this point is that he's well mannered, has impeccible taste in music and will make me feel very, very short.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:

Hey Flash, get to the back of the queue in asking him to marry you:

List looks something like this:

1) ME ME ME, i get him first
2) Rozi (application temporarily withdrawn due to bloke-age)
3) Lolli
4) Ben Offender(tm)
5) Flash fire
6) Everyone else he's met since travelling can join the back of the queue.

Oh and don't go getting too confused about the standards, Dom is in the top ten most technically advanced spinners from the UK,
probably top tem in europe too.
I'm not the right person to say this... but not all the uk spinners are quite as georgeously talented as dom.
but Fuck all that technical,
it aint what you do its the way that you do it, and that boys got style.

Darube - Sandstorm is a PHat tune.

Drew

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
Wow, Its getting a bit crowded in HOP just right now with us all here at the same time . Just so ya's know its 11:30pm and it dark on clapham common, and I am tired, good morning cass and flash, afternoon NYC.

NYC thanks

Yea, NYC we had a dom in london last year. We had to let it go, sooo difficult to feed, and washing that hair takes too long.

You're better off with something a bit smaller and more house trained. We could get a Danae in London, I know we had one before, they're great.

Hugs to ya'll across the world.

Glass

P.S. NYC shhhh, don't tell, I'm going to be visiting the USofA a few times in the next couple of years.

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by glass:

P.S. NYC shhhh, don't tell, I'm going to be visiting the USofA a few times in the next couple of years.
WHOA!

Does this mean I might get a chance to meet the infamous glass that I hear so much about without going to the UK.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Don't get all excited PH, he's no Dom.

Besides, you still gotta get out to the UK to see Master PK.

And Glass, you're right about getting a Danae, I could use one myself. If you can, see if you can get the '02 model with the cool corn-rowed hair. It's pretty damn cool. I haven't seen the '03 model with the new tatoo but I hear it's just as good.

And Flash, c'mon... anyone who'd compliment me has got to be a ...

You know how I feel about people complimenting me behind my back. Between Cass and Dom spreading rumors of my niceness I'll never maintain my badass persona.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
wow i needed that laughter. thanks guys.
i'm running 2 hours behind due to downloads

i have been thinking about this year maybe trying to save up some cash to goto the states.
then every one should go on a roadfools trip to NY and gatecrash NYC's house and have a revival of the NY fire scene when and IF i get my arse in to shape with a job, pay off my debts and living comfortably in edinburgh.

well i is off to finish my rounds here as i have a mike ginney to entertain for 24 hours tommorrow, i wonder what we can have instore for him maybe a couple of fraggles?

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
not wet in that way

its all doms fult he broke the drought we have had here (hear he did the same in new zeland as well)

flashy i tell you all the time that you are a great spinner and say you always look grasfull when you spin and its only when a tall hansum pom tells you this that you finaly listen

and i get dom alto myself on firday to impress the people down in wollongong with his impresive skills

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Wow, this thread still going! Guys, I'm really feeling the love here and severely blushing

With all this postive energy flowing my way maybe I should do an 'NYC'. Send resume, references and $20 application fee to "Dom" care of HOP. And the $20 will go towards a Glass/PK/Dom/Cass World Tour

Flash does look goooood when she spins them doubles! And brainstorma is a little bit mad, but in a nice enough way

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
only a little bit mad
ah shucks
you say the nicest things dom

*blushing*

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Dom da Dom Dom Dom!
Not much I can say about him that everyone hasn't said here already. But I think that if the world was ending, Dom would be the first person I would want to talk to because somehow he makes everything seem alright.
I miss you, honey! My boots say "hello."

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom:
With all this postive energy flowing my way maybe I should do an 'NYC'. Send resume, references and $20 application fee to "Dom" care of HOP. And the $20 will go towards a Glass/PK/Dom/Cass World Tour

i love doms way of buisness.... send away i wanna be on tour with my fav friends in the whole world. dom,cass and drew.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I like the way he left one of the best books I've ever read in my spare room...So what everyone else has said, and a great chooser of litarature too.

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Dom did the funniest thing at the doof. It was pouring rain all night and all the next day, so in the middle of the morning when everyone is wearing that "I've been smiling for too long" look on their face, Dom reamerges from his creative hide-out armed with a balloon umbrella! It was such a classic to see this tall guy walking around in the rain holding a multicoloured baloon-sculptured umbrella (with absolutely no shelter effect) meandering around the dancefloor as though he was the most normal individual at the party.

He won extra points with the students of Mr Hoffman for that one!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
the looks on every ones face was pricless

just wish i had had barries camra to get a photo of it

had all us up behind the dj in histerics and every one on the dance floor in ore of him

was fun to dance with the unbrella to but i kept getting wet

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Well, 1112, I would offer up my foldout couch (oft dubbed the "traveling firespinner bed") bt my house is a drug free household so perhaps you'd feel more comfortable with the crackheads by the dumpster.

Kidding of course, you ALL should come out in the summer when I don't have work and can truely PARTY ALL THE TIME! Yee haw!

Hope to see all (or at least some) of your smiling faces once the snow melts. Everyone's gotta do New York City once in their life.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom:

How much would it cost to get Master Jo Derry on that tour as well. Or am I asking too much ???

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Oh good call...

Jo, Glass, PK, Dom world tour.

Kickass UK Poi Spinners OR Worst Boy Band Ever?

But can they DANCE?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
Boy band oh no it finally happened. Well I've got the qualifications... I cant sing at all.
World tour 2003.

Charles, which book was it that was the best you ever read?
Conv with God ?/alchemist?/ Something else groovy, I wanna read it.
I've heard really good things
and do you make balloon top hats, See theres only really one thing that I make with balloons, and thats hats, most especially weaving top hats, takes bloody ages.

Drew

[ 28. February 2003, 14:13: Message edited by: glass ]

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Glass...David Brin's "The River of Time" a novella collection of scifi with some truly awesome ideas for a modern day sci-fi writer.

Um, no , I've never yet made a top hat out of balloons, will have to give it a go sometime.

My pub speciality is to make a four balloon hat out of 3 260's and a 646! I blow the 646 fully and it ends up being larger than the guy wearing it usually.

Also got a great wearable ballerina dress and all sorts of costumes, methinks a top hat would be a good addition.

Oh, yeah, and did Dom's umbrella look anything like this?

Non-Https Image Link

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
hmmmmm, Poi Boy Band. None of us can sing or dance, but we've got tall spice, scary spice, sexy spice and hat spice. I'll let you work out who's who all we need now is a marketing budget the size of the national budget and it might just work!

Oh, Charles, glad you liked the book. What's going on with the site? My work not good enough for you

And yep - that's the umbrella. Very useful. There was a helicopter flying around too but that one needs more work. Would have had a ray guy/peace pipe if someone had emailed be instructions like they said they would. But don't think their brain is as clear as their name.

[ 28. February 2003, 20:40: Message edited by: Dom ]

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
Charlie, that umbrella is very cool concept, I'm gonna be making them.

right, I'm sitting with 2 digicam on my desk, balloons and pump. the easy way would be to take a photo and mail it soo....

You're going to have to experiment a bit, and style it up yourself, cos, im going to do this without making it and not having done it for 3 months:

Inflate about 2/3rds
1) twist at about 8cm to make a handle
2) pinch twist a little bubble to make a semi-automatic trigger part. (towards the fron of the gun when its finished
3) off that make a loop large enough to feed to balloon through (later) to make the proton energy disruper field accelerator.
4) twist at about 6cm to form the power pack unit
towards the back of the gun when its finished
5) make a loop the same size as the first loop to form the positronic laser charge generator
6) Line up the 2 loops and push the barrel through both loops like the handle on the umbrella. looks best if theres still and inch or so uninflated on the end of the barrel
7) make good sound effects. wizz zap kerpow.
If you can follow that your a legend. How did you do?
hats pics in the post

MichalBRONZE Member
489 posts

Posted:
mmm...like the umbrella (interac tive ballooning is the way to go!) - Glass you should do a woven version (mr patience). Must find you pictures/ write instructions for shoulder mounted tripple action lazer equipped machine gun, (much sexier than basic gun, which is really a hairdryer) and crossbow made of balloons that shoots balloons (sexiest of all).

Would love to see helicopter.

Erm, hope I'm not intruding. Just get ecxited about funky balloons.

[ 01. March 2003, 01:27: Message edited by: Michal ]

michal@juggler.net

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Dom's not so big!

He looks pretty small to me!

Sorry, that photo's too cute!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
looks like some is is getting good with photoshop.

malcolm is looking well i might add by cassandra's galery.

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Ha ha ha, that photo is awesome! I am impressed...

My helicopter instructions are on Garry Gardiners site, Helicopter instructions

You can weave the umbrella if you like, Garry also has instructions for that Woven umbrella but that version takes a couple of minutes to make, it actually takes more time blowing up the four balloons than it does to sculpt it...

Dom, any chance of seeing some of your other creations? I'd love to know how far past me your skills are getting?

[ 01. March 2003, 17:03: Message edited by: Charles (INFERNO) ]

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
little Dom

MichalBRONZE Member
489 posts

Posted:
mmm... me like gary's site very much. thanks charles.

michal@juggler.net

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
yeah that was the umbrela he made but he used blue yellow and orange

can i be fruit loop poi???
or is that ginger poi?? hmm would have to dye my hair then

dom we are missing you already

oh and friday night went off big time they want us back for the next one in a months time

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
And you know what sucks? By the time I get there, he'll be gone and so will Danae.

*slinking back into secluded hole*

Oh wait! *popping halfway out* If, however, people decide to come to NYC or Toronto (hint, hint) I can drag my arse there........
*sliding back in*

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Pele! Never mind not seeing those two. They are merely minor celebs. You, however, are on the A list. Let me know your plans and we'll sort you out good and proper *writes Pele on door list*

Hey - I GOT TO MEET MALCOLM!! I REAL LIVE FLESH! AND CHERRY TOOO!!!!!!! So neeeeeeeeeeer. They were on the door list too.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
If "PEOPLE ever come to New York City"?!!

OK NOW I'M INSULTED!

<=== Chopped liver I guess

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Page: