Forums > Social Chat > Australia, Tokyo and beyond...

Login/Join to Participate

Woo!HCH No 2
216 posts

Posted:
Hey Peeps.
I have had some good news and I wanna tell the world. (Well at least a sitable microcosm thereof)
I passed all my exams..Wooo Hooo.
And I have booked my ticket for Australia £625 return with a stop in Tokyo on the way back! (To see 'Brother in law')

How good!

If you could go anywhere, this world or others, where would it be? What would you do there? Have you alreday done it?

Jimbo.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
If i could go any where..

hmmm

I'd go back in time ten years and then go and see my old house in Thailand.. It's restaurant now I think - I'd hate to see it like that.. also all the horror stories of how commercial it's all got scares me.. tourism is good but not at the cost of the innocence of an untouched landscape and population...

BUT nice one mate - well done and hope you have a wicked time- take a camera - we'll be expecting fotos..

love from part of your 'extended family'

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

tadpoleGOLD Member
enthusiast
200 posts

Posted:
Way to go, should be a great trip!

Anywhere, this world or others...

Hmmm. Camping in the rings of Saturn would be fun, if a little chilly.

Don't worry, be happy...

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
WOOHOO
WELL DONE OUR KID!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well i would do a tour, Start in fuengirolia (sp?) Spain, then Poland, Iceland, Thailand, New Zealand (Baylies Beach) (sp?), and then see what the world has to offer from there
As long as it gets me the hell out of britain, i really couldn't give a......
LOL
Taking it easy
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.
N.E.W.B. Agent #012
"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
heay good score, scientist!!
hopefully you can make it to the melbourne fire scene!!! *crosses fingers and ears*
tell ya what, if i could go anywhere, it'd be Texas or London to meet the fire madness i keep hearing about!!

[ 21. February 2003, 03:31: Message edited by: bender™ ]

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
If I could go anywhere.... I think I'd start in Perth to visit some very special friends then onto Europe I go. I'd just like to backpack around meeting the folk and finding some "tom-foolery". Anything to get out of the States for a while (don't get me wrong though, I'd eventually come back).

Good question scientist!

~the caged one

Without further guilding the lily and with no more ado, I bid you farewell and sweet dreams...

Fire-N-Watermember
36 posts

Posted:
I would have to agree with you, Scientist. Going to Japan and Australia is what I dream about. But I wouldn’t stay in Tokyo, because I have a friend with a house in Osaka. She and I met over 5 years ago in college – she was one of my bosses in the greenhouse complex! Now flowers have taken her back to Japan and me to Cali. I miss her and would love to visit (OR STAY!). And if I went all the way over there, I would have to stop and visit the Aussies.

But that won’t happen for a while. When I look up, out of my office window to see the morning sun shinning on the eucalyptus, and think of my house just walking distance away with the view of the ocean I just can’t believe it is reality. Combine that with the good friends I have made since moving here, including my unbelievably awesome roommate, it would almost take a crowbar to move me from this perch.

And just in case “great things don’t last forever”, it is good to have a dream of what could happen next, right?