AlonLBRONZE Member
2 posts

Posted:
Im having problems with the 3 beat reverse weave.
Currently I can go in reverse with just 2 beats, I just cant seem to transfer the lead from my right hand (bottom) to my left hand.
As soon as I try to I automatically move to over the head 2 beats... Its pretty damn annoying, I can actually do 4 beats backwards because with 4 beats you still remain with one hand as the leading hand.
Any tips to manage to do reverse weaves with my left hand leading? I tried starting with parallel singles through the left side since it was the same way I learned how to go backwards in the right side and I somehow automatically tangle up and end up going reverse with my right hand... I just cant seem to get it right...

buggleberry_fairySILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
i found starting the reverse weave on the opposite side to the usual side you start the forward weave a big help, but with the same hand. so i usually for forward weave start on my right - with my left over my right, so now im starting on me left, with my left over my right. I think concentration is a key part, and once you get it it just flows. you have to make your hand stay there for an extra beat. once your left has done a circle on your right - with your right following, then pull (your arms are sort of in a cross - left under right) your left arm over to your right, but keeping your right arm over your left side for another circle, whilst your left starts a circle on your right...so its done half of a circle on your right, whilst your right hand is coming over...if that makes sense. Also try doing it without the poi first so you can work out (in extra slow motion) where your hands and poi are going, as if it fits logically in your brain then it will hopefully flow when you do it with poi...

Hope that helps

Nat

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
loads of people give helpful 3beat reverse advice [Old link] and [Old link]

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
off-topic: AlonL, are you jewish/israeli?

AlonLBRONZE Member
2 posts

Posted:
Ken smile
Ani gar be yavne im ata mekir.

Anyway on topic I already figured it out, thanks guys.