Page:
MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So I'm considering a trip to the land of Oz sometime in February/March.

Anyone have any ideas what cities I might want to visit? Oh, and be afraid, Malcolm. I'm passing through Christchurch for a night. That one's unavoiadable. hug

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
oooh! ooh! OOOOOOH!!!!!!!

SHOTGUN MIKE FOR A NIGHT OR FEW!!!!!!!!!

um, the Great Ocean Road (south west victorian coast) is what I usually recomend to people. really awesome scenery. it's a drive, so you will need a car, a tour, or people to take you (which i can string pull, but i am sure you will get pleanty of car offers).

The grampians (western victoria) are also nice for camping and bushwalking.

and i totally LOVE the witsundays in queensland (posibly my favourite place in aus)
EDITED_BY: Rouge Dragon (1156386655)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
well obviously adelaide is a must, we have awesome firenights on friday and in the feb/mar there will beach spinning on a wednesday complete with bonfire and all. if you move your trip forward ever so slightly you could come to rainbow serpant festival its at the end of january and last year had lots of high quality fire shows and an open fire space.

brizzy is awesome also very healthy fire scene there tis very very hot there in summer though and a tad humid, brizzy in winter is a little slice of heaven. the city itself is really cool especially along the river they have an artificial beach n everything

id say they are your two absolute must visit places, perth, melbourne and sydney are also full of very lovely ppl. how long are u planing on visiting for? what sort of stuff do u want to see?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I'll be there for about 9-10 days IF I go and what I want to see, Ben, is a bunch of HOPers who I might never get to meet again.

So where'm I going?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
totally agree with ben-ja-men, re: brissie... u want HoPpers, you *have* to come here, doc...

I can't speak for all the other (I'm sure) wonderful places round oz, cos I've never been oz HoPping before... bit specific, but it'd be great if u were in brissie during the full moon for moonfest biggrin

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
If you can make it moonfest in brisbane is definitely worth attending. If not, you can meet a heap of hoppers at Juggle jam every monday.

Us brisbanites will make sure we find something cool for you though smile

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
smile

Usual offer: If you happen to be in Sydney you are most welcome.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
If its a HOP fest you want mostly I would recommend Adelaide Brisvegas and Melburp.
Perth has wombattage and me biggrin but not alot of HOPpers. frownOur spin comminuty is like this secret thing where only a few people come to meets and the rest save their talents for doofs and stuff. If you do make it here make it a Tuesday maybe? biggrin biggrin ubbrollsmile

Brisvegas has Taj and family wink and a myriad of gorgeous people including Dentrassi whom I think you just have to meet. Gabe has an open house if nooone else arm wrestles you for her. moonfest!!

Melburpage has lots of yummy people as does Adelaide.
I mean theres Ben and sLou for a start in Adelaide.
Come last weekend in Sept 2006 and meet lots of HOPpers all at once at CG!!! Whoohooo.

10 days is so quick. Too much will be lost in travel if you go to too many places I think.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
oooooo! come visit me in melbourne bounce

hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
you should totally come to common ground .... being in a month n a bit .... ull meet hoppers from adelaide, brisbane, perth melbourne and sydney all in one hit

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Brisbane will be nice, albeit a tad warm around then. Although think about it- it's an excuse for your clothes to come off.. which we all know you want doc.. wink

Moonfest's every full moon over here, there's a thread in events. Highly recommended. smile

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Come to a Sunday spinning in Melbourne!! smile

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey Mike,

Interested in doing the shark-dive at Oceanworld Manly? smile

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
I can't recommend the folk in Brisbane and Melbourne highly enough!

And you know that Valura will kick you ass if you don't visit her, right? wink

Good luck with your decision-making!

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Gnor

If its a HOP fest you want mostly I would recommend Adelaide Brisvegas and Melburp.

Brisvegas has Taj and family wink and a myriad of gorgeous people including Dentrassi whom I think you just have to meet. Gabe has an open house if nooone else arm wrestles you for her. Moonfest!!

Gnor's got it right.

The Doctor and Dentrassi! Yep, I can see that!

Bris is an essential: Be here on Full Moon (2nd Feb, 4th March), and plan everywhere else around that.

And why people go on about my house is cos there are 4 residents HoPpers, an UberPool and a backpackers lost property box so you can always replenish your supplies of good quality used hosiery.... wink

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah PS Doc

USAliens consistently mispronounce our place names, the little cuties.

Try this quick learning module so you sound like a well cool international savvy dude straight away:

Melbourne is not Melborn it's Melbn

Brisbane is not Brisbayn it's Brisbn

Adelaide is not AidLaid it's AddaLaid

Sydney is ... um... Sydney for everyone else and Sinny if you live there... and it may not have a lotta HoPpers but it has good beaches and a lot of well oiled gay chappies... if yr interested in that sort of thing smile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Mike I suggest you just fly in somewhere and tell them all to come to you. Ask a local to organise a big meet/party/festival and make them all come to it. You could sit on a big gold throne and hold audiences with the locals ubblol Like a Royal visit biggrin

King Lightning Visits Oz Festival, has a ring to it! wink

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
US DOC, US! Im sorry but I will do an arm wrestle for this Hopper!
We would love to have you for a few nights if you want... I will share you with Gabe of course, but I think Taj would love to have you around also...
Plus I want to thank you for all the help you have given me by cooking you fantabulous meals and throwing a big [censored] OFF party for you...

*starts to plan party now* hug hug hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Skulduggery

Mike I suggest you just fly in somewhere and tell them all to come to you. Ask a local to organise a big meet/party/festival and make them all come to it. You could sit on a big gold throne and hold audiences with the locals ubblol Like a Royal visit biggrin

ubbidea

Great idea for a Moonfest, Skully!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
ya know bird is right.... biggrin

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Lightning Moonfest.....whoohoo!!!

Is it the Truth?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
psssst...

oi...

Doc...

Move this to meet others...

or possibly (gold throne) events....

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Its a pretty social chat so far though.....maybe start a thread in all the discussions for maximum coverage.

Is it the Truth?

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
yahhhhhh.

Febuary you say? just so happens that Tassie hosts Australias bestest Circus festival in the whole of Australiain febuary!!! biggrin and we have wonderful and a chilled scenery out atmosphere, with the island only having a population of 500,000 theres plenty of room to move but still people to meet if you want to!

check the purdyness!

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
AAAH yes, excellent suggestion Mr M!!
How many days did you say you were here Doc??

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
ubblol when i saw your original post i thought yep, you definitely have to come to brisvegas! but...i reckon if you're not already convinced about doing that by now, then you'll never be!! ubblol

*sings...lightning's coming to BRIIIIIIISbane! lightning's coming to BRIS-BANE!* biggrin

bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
*SQUEEEEEEELLLLL*

ok so i'm totally adelaide's most prominant fag-hag (ok, jean *might* give me a run for my money, but only cuz she actually worked at mars rather than just spending most friday/saturday night's there...)

so if you wanna do that kinda thing i'll volenteer for that... otherwise... the flinders ranges are very nice and just happen to be out my way........

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Brisbane has Taj.. ubblove.....this means Brissie has the drop on everywhere else straight up. biggrin wink

Is it the Truth?

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
cool smile by complete coincidence, my boss told me last week that i might be going a trip to USA via New York next year smile

Gabe beat me to offering bed-age at our house.

i suspect we will have to arrange a time-sharing agreement between the House of Gabe and House of Valura though.... but aim for a moonfest day and we'll work it out...

but 9-10 days for Australia man - thats a pretty short time frame for a massive country - cant you stay longer - perhaps 9-10 months would be sufficient wink

anyways hope to see you soon hug hug2

E.
EDITED_BY: Dentrassi (1156425488)

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Gnor

Brisvegas has Taj and family wink and a myriad of gorgeous people including Dentrassi whom I think you just have to meet. Gabe has an open house if nooone else arm wrestles you for her. moonfest!!

Actually I think it was Gnor offered both of us.... wink

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
umm...... redface biggrin

Im good like that angel ubbangel bounce2 bounce

Just ask Jo how a Perthite somehow ended up catering CG last year.

I still think a lighting Moonfest is the go.

Is it the Truth?

Page: