Your personal information you provide will be transfered and stored as encrypted data.
You have the ability to update and remove your personal information.
You consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.
Allow cookies for
Necessary Cookies Necessary Cookies cannot be unchecked, because they are necessary for our website to function properly. They store your language, currency, shopping cart and login credentials.
Analytics Cookies We use google.com analytics and bing.com to monitor site usage and page statistics to help us improve our website. You may turn this on or off using the tick boxes above.
Marketing Cookies Marketing Cookies do track personal data. Google and Bing monitor your page views and purchases for use in advertising and re-marketing on other websites. You may turn this on or off using the tick boxes above.
Social Cookies These 3rd Party Cookies do track personal data. This allows Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest integration. eg. shows the Facebook 'LIKE' button. They will however be able to view what you do on our website. You may turn this on or off using the tick boxes above.
Posted:I'm having a bit of a question/problem that I am hoping you guys can help me with. I've tried running searches, but haven't come up with the information that I'm looking for.
Basically, I've designed these really slick looking fire eating torches, but I'm having lots of trouble with the wics. My first practice torches used cotton cheesecloth as the wick, that was wrapped around the end of the rod and attached with a bit of elmer's glue. These worked OK, but had a tendency for the entire head to slip off while they were in my mouth.
So for the second version, I bought some kevlar string and drilled a hole in the end of the rod. I then used "whipping" to attach the string to the rod. The heads do not fall off of these ones, but they do like to unravel. The rods are not thick enough to do any kind of bolts, like we use on the poi heads, so how should I secure the wick to the rod? Should i use the tape wick instead of the String?
Posted:Not quite sure what you mean by tieing it off...
to make these, I made a loop that I laid along the rod, then wrapped the string in several layers across the loop... Then when I was done, I threaded the end of the string through the loop, then pulled the tail of the loop to pull the end of the string underneath the whole thing.
What seems to be happening is that the top layer at the end sort of rolls off the taper at the end of the rod. once that happens, the whole thing just completely starts to unravel.
What exactly do I have to light on fire to get you to notice me?
Posted:erm..maybe u should just buy a fire stick and that will make u less problem but it is good that u are trying to do a home made fire stick.if u still having this problem u just buy a fire stick from hop..
Posted: Looking at your pictures, I think your going to have to re design from the ground up, you really need a hollow tube, either 25mm or 45mm wick to start with, this needs attaching via hardware to the tube, buried screws work well, any other approach I've found to be unreliable.
Posted:Yeah I think Marco is right. I saw a homemade pair once that used a hollow rod with a tiny screw that attached the wick. They used Kevlar tape instead of string went around another 2 passes or so after the screw passed through and then used Kevlar thread to secure the end of the tape to the wick (so it doesnt unravel and you dont end up burning your lips on the screw.)