Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Back To Nature [Malvern, 2nd September]

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Party starts at 630pm, BYOB, Dj's, Bands, Fires, Fire Performers, Loads of Décor, The Pyramid Stage Back in Action....

Basically a mate of mine here in Malvern is having a MASSIVE party with bands, food, fires, lots of cool decorations etc. He has a massive garden so there's loads of space - last year there were about 200 people there! The first of the bands and DJ's are now sorted and the rest of the planning is coming together.

All are welcome! hug

Cake or Death?

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Sounds cool, I'm at a wedding tho smile

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

alteredstateBRONZE Member
6 posts

Posted:
Hi, would love to come - am new to HoP and worcester based. Where in Malvern? weavesmiley

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
As the poster above says:

1 Belvoir Bank
Malvern
Worcestershire
WR14 4BY

smile

Cake or Death?

6 posts

Posted:
sorry, too many blows to the head. Doh. redface

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
No problem smile hug

Cake or Death?

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
I'll be there, lady in tow biggrin

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Yakumo

Sounds cool, I'm at a wedding tho smile

I'm at a wedding that day too smile 'fraid I cant make it either, but yeah it does sound v cool, have fun biggrin

Motley

Mr_JoePart-time genius
59 posts

Posted:
I'll be there, I daresay my ladyfriend shall accompany. I take it bringing our owm toys is allowed?

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Allowed?! It's positively encouraged... just be safe - there will be a lot of people there so no wire wool or anything wink

Cake or Death?

ChloeeeBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
Ahoy there...
I am new to this thing er but maybe in the malvern hills that weekend do you think I could sneak in......oh and u dont happen to be part of the canoe club in briso?

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
You're very welcome to join in!

I still know a lot of people down there - I was on the committee for 3 years and wrote their lovely website wink

Cake or Death?

BatwalkerBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
So Hyperl;ight - were is my invite wink

Haven't heard from you in a while or had a chance to fire spin, will drop you a text.

xx

I am a EVIL Giraffe.....

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Er.. it's right there! *points at the top of this page* ...anyway, it's your fault - I keep sending invites and keep getting "Sorry I've already got something organised" replies wink

I'm going to be out of contact from about 2 this afternoon until tomorrow when the party is, but for anyone wanting to come along, you should have all the information you need by now.

I'm getting quite excited about this now - lots of batteries on charge in preperation for a lot of HyperLight spinning biggrin

Cake or Death?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
How when you say 'Back to Nature'....

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Say what? *confused*

I just got an email from the guy organising the whole thing (Graham):

Written by: The organiser

Live Music

Funky Junky Monkeys (Local Band: OKish)
Carol and Tyler: (2 guitarists, Local and meant to be really good)
Rachel (Soul guitarist and apparently very good, been on radio and TV and Things)
Strange Machine (Might not turn up till later but apparently Malverns best band.)

DJ's

DJ Ad Lib (Multipurpose (Malvern/Worcester, Funky Progressive Tunes)
Rich Pete (QQ Friend Of Daves, Nice guy, 'think Pete Tong')
????? (Forgotten names but 2 other DJ's (Duo who play a lot of parties, Trancey Vibey Tunes)

Café

Luminaire Café will be in place selling cakes, munchies, Tea, Chai and lots of other things.
Mr Truffle: Some friend of Stefs who makes truffles for the local Markets, Is going to bring some along.

The Stage is looking good, as is the waterfall, we'll have plenty of fire and shelter to go round

bounce clap bounce

Cake or Death?

BatwalkerBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
Sounds fantastic, and I have been very busy.

But this weekend I'm all yours - so to speak. Well I'm off for lunch - will see you tomorrow.

I am a EVIL Giraffe.....

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
sounds like too many hippies will be there tongue

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Mr_JoePart-time genius
59 posts

Posted:
Ooooh I'm getting all excited now, need to purchase me some more paraffin today cos I burnt the last of mine yesterday evening. My (I use the wrong possessive here, they're really for my girlfriend) new poi from TePooka came yesterday and they're really nice to play with, but methinks I'll probably stick to the stick, bringing along a mate I made some fire nunchuks for as well smile

Joe x

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Well that was fun! biggrin

Had a nice walk home in the rain and the dark, but it was worth it. I ache all over from spinning so much smile

The Wales/England border meet falls on the 1st of next month, so I've planned a [Old link] for the first whole weekend of the month (6th-8th).

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Indeed- it was excellent- sorry Ali and I had to leave early- I was feeling a bit ropey frown

Had lots of fun though biggrin

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
What a fantastic evening! Really enjoyed that although I think someone's nicked my fire poi frown

Cake or Death?

6 posts

Posted:
very,very cool evening - thanks for making us welcome and introducing yourselves. Beautiful decoration and some awesome spinning going on. see you again, Abi

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah, I've got someone's black, red, grey, purple and blue striped sock poi.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

BatwalkerBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
Dam it I missed another meet.

Glad you all had a good night though xx

I am a EVIL Giraffe.....

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
I think those might be the hosts' (Graham).

I've got some photo's of the evening up here smile

I was looking out for you Gemma... 'tis a shame - you missed a cracking party!

Cake or Death?

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
nice pics Jon biggrin

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Ta very much smile ...I just wish I'd gotten a few more shots of the HyperLights (and using a tripod)!

Cake or Death?

Mr_JoePart-time genius
59 posts

Posted:
Hey Jon, if you mean the double headers I put them by the torch that had all the paraffin and stuff round it. Thanks for giving me the heads-up on this shindig, made my month that did! smile Thanks to all the guys who span and showed me up, would've been nice to see a couple more staffers! *hint: get sticks, they're fun* Thanks for being friendly as well, Duncan stands out and a damned nice bloke, I hope to see you all in the future for spins in and around here smile

Joe x
EDITED_BY: Joe_47 (1157400851)

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
I think the half bottle of port helped. I'm usually a lot quieter biggrin

Mr_JoePart-time genius
59 posts

Posted:
Haha hopefully I'll be spinning a little less badly when my hand heals up an' all. For clarification cos I still don't get how the date-stamping works on this forum you couldn't shove up a coupla details about this thing early next month could you?

Page: