Forums > Videos > PLAY dvds 2005-6 - feedback & requests

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
steve dbBRONZE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
hey there. ubbrollsmile

the new play dvd (“play 2006” – catchy title huh? smile) is in the process of being made and we’d really like people's opinions so that we can try and make the next one even better. first of all we’d like feedback on the last dvd and secondly suggestions for things you’d like to see in the new one.

so, what did people like and dislike in the first dvd? were there any sections you particularly enjoyed or found annoying? did you like the music? did you like the menu? did you like having two discs? did you like the cover? was there stuff that you hoped would be on there but wasn’t? how did it compare to other festival/spinning dvds? the more feedback we get the easier it is to make the next one.

then secondly, is there anything that you’d particularly like to see on the next play dvd? - like specific sections or ideas that we could use. all suggestions welcomed.

please post and help make mine and strugz’ lives much easier.

cheers hug

edit: i just realised that i've only said play and not the play festival, so if anyone's looking confused i'm refering to an object manipulation festival that takes place in shropshire: the play festival website

EDITED_BY: 2bags (1155734280)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Ooops! I forgot to delete your name from Dunc's quote!

SORRY! redface

(If you read my past post they notorious for lack of spell checks!)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Helz Bellz

One thing that i think could be improved is the to do with the shows... it would have been good to have the music over the top of the shows ( umm not sure if that makes sense?) rather than hearing all the background noise of people chatting near the camera?

ditto

Gayle.....!

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Gayle & Helz

i hear you both and yes it would be easy.......... just not technically "legal" the reason we left sound like it was was to cover our arse if you like, none of the performers could gain us permission to use the music they had, so we couldnt use a high quality version for it.

Recorded "live" so to speak gave us something to hide behind. If you want us to use your music, then sort us some permission with the artists used - ive got enough to do wink biggrin

oh and as for me being naked........ if people really want it and you think it will helpp? ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

oh and as for me being naked........ if people really want it and you think it will helpp? ubblol

biggrin yay! thanks Strugz! biggrin hug

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
ditto think that would help a lot!! ubbangel

cheers for the comments about the music strugz, will see what we can do - which is probably not a lot... but hey ho!!

hug

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
As most performers don't seek authority to use said pieces of music in their performances it's really hard for us to use them in their full original quality. It also makes it difficult to mix so you can hear the crowds appreciation and still hear high quality music, and as for those bloody drummers during the first part of the indoor show mad2
It was something we wrangled over but in the end we didn't really have much of a choice to make, we either had to use background music or edit the shows to completely different music that we did have permission to use which just wouldn't have worked at all frown

If you know anyone (local bands, musicians and what not) who would be interested in donating some tunes in return for the publicity and a free DVD then please send us their contact details. We have around 2 hours of music to find, some of which we have already but we still need more smile

Cheers hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Page: