Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
ok, normally i wouldnt be seen dead in the Poi section, but i happened to buy the three dollar LEDS from HoP and have since been playing with them in the evenings a fair bit.

last night i went with a couple other spinners to our regular meet and i proceded to just make up a new poi wrap/trick/thing. i'm sure someone would've made it up before, but i cant find a description anywhere, so i'll attempt to describe it and hopefully someone can put a name to it!

ok, so you start off doing the three beat weave. (it can be done on both sides but i'll just be talking about doing it in the right side of the body to try and make it deciferable). so you feed into the right side of the body with your left handover the top of your right hand and proceed to do a three beat weave. BUT, when your left hand is under the right hand(so the left hand is on the right side of your right arm) you let the poi in your left hand do a double wrap around your right wrist. Just before you pull the left hand poi out of the wrap you move your right hand to the left side of your body to continue with the three beat weave. as you do this the left hand wrap finishes and you pull it out again and because you've just moved the wrap(around your right wrist) across your body the left hand poi will still be spinning in a forward motion.

to attempt to describe what it looks like when watching it (i just did it outside and watched it in a window). it looks like one poi(in the above case the right hand poi) is doing a normal weave, and the left hand poi shortens in a circular motion, stops for a second, then spins back out to normal lenght and then they both continue with the three beat weave.

sooo..............confused what is it?

cheers Poi Jedi.

mjk.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
sounds like a thru wrap, but i dunno

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
yeah, thru wrap

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
fake airwrap smile

you can see a description in [Old link] (but this one just has one circle of wrappage before the crossover).

smile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

ElectricStaplernewbie
33 posts

Posted:
whered you find 3 dollar leds?

Life is a box full of chocolates. Its full of the gross coconut ones.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
$2.80 AUD LED light sticks smile

Written by: Bluecat

fake airwraps

not realy an airwrap. not really a fake airwrap either. but it’s the most basic thru-wrap and it gets ignored because sooo many others seem easier and slower

basic: reverse 3 bt weave in front of you.(this is where a quirk of mine kicks in. a lot of people will prefer to learn things forwards, I trend to learn them backwards first, especially airwraps and through wraps..).
it helps if you know the basic reverse 2-circle hyperloop for this. so a quick explanation for those who do. and then a longer one for those who don’t

if you think about a reverse hyperloop from left to right, the right poi string pulls across the left poi string to get from your left side to your right… yes?

instead of your right poi string, use your right wrist to chop across the left string. and then vice versa to move from right to left.

it’s really quick, shortens one poi string while keeping the other at full length, but only for 1 circle each….

ok.

the (slightly) longer version:

spin both poi in reverse but just by your sides in split time.

when the right poi is coming up move across to the other side, move your hand to the other side of the left poi, and as it comes down(so when the left poi is coming up) chop across the left string from left to right with your right hand, carrying both poi to the right side..
I hope that made sense.

if so try it from right to left.
I’ll repeat what I said above:

it’s really quick, shortens one poi string while keeping the other at full length, but only for 1 circle each….

if you’re feeling adventurous and you can’t already, try using the right poi string instead of your wrist: and tadaa! you have a hyperloop!

that the one you mean cole? maybe its just me but it doesnt seem to make half as much sense as my explanation.

thanks for clearing its name up for me!

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley