Forums > Social Chat > and i will write whatever a damm well want.

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
there are two things that really shit me, missing the point of a topic and EDITING A F***ING POST. (not attacking anyone)

now in the "fibreglass deadly" i mocked someone who compleatly and utterly missed the whole point of if you burn fibreglass what do you think will happen next.

now i used the good old insult of " were you dropped on the head as a child" insult.
now some on missed the point of an insult and thought i was accusing someone of braindamage.

:|
now also i threw in allot of sarcasm.

now most people took it as an attack on someone in that post. and yet again missed the point of "mocking" and enterprited it as "ATTACKING"

[ 20. February 2003, 14:13: Message edited by: Malcolm ]

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
*Trippy wanders in half cooked from the night before, ARGH!!!!, then runs out again coz the threads just too scary*
LOL
Taking it easy
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.
N.E.W.B. Agent #012
"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
(Not aimed at Fireboy or even this particular posting, just in general coz this KEEPS coming up)

Personally I never get offended by anything anyone says, unless they're a close friend.
I also have a tendancy to go ranting and swearing at the drop of a hat........

I am a dick, this is not news for anyone that's ever read a post that I've made.......however.....
As an experienced source........

For anyone that goes off on one about freedom of speach, remember 3 things......
1) You may NOT use words written or words spoken which may incite violence.
That is written into the freedom of speach thingy, or at least it was when I were a wee nipper and still in education.
Not if it would incite violence in YOU, but in the target audience, and lots of people get offended by different things.
Be considerate.

2) Not a public domain board.......someone owns what you write, you know this.....we've been thru this before surely???

3) If you go off on a rant, many people lose respect for you, you offend the person mocked/attacked, you cause friction in a situation and (here especially) many people (normally the biggest culprits but hey...saying nothing) feel their god-given right to get on a big fat self-righteous pedistle and have a go back, in the name of standing up for the afflicted.....regardless of the fact they probably didn't take offence and are in no need of defending.......and therefore big fu*k-off great arguments break out.

As a favour to the more experienced in pissing people off, can we leave this to die in a ditch?

Hugz - x

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Not before I very annoyingly spread love and sunshine by giving you a SmallBoy. I grow more and more impressed by the frank sensible way you look at your own behaviour.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Actually PK I was trying to illustrate the point of sarcasm not being so innocent when the shoe is on the other foot.If he doesn't want people saying nasty things to him than he shouldn't be saying such things to others.I think I'm gonna edit that post right now.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I still say we need to settle this the old fashioned way, like they did a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away
Non-Https Image Link

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Fireboy, I was going to make a point about the intent of Home of Poi being for all ages. Therefore, censoring curses had been appreciated by the management as well as its members. But I'm not.

I'm more concerned with you clearly using Home of Poi to gain negative attention.

You seem to be thrilled with the amount of people that are "hating you" and bragging about it.

There are some "freedom of speech" issues as well as the issue of this being a "public domain" which are worthwhile (if not previously discussed) conversations. Unfortunately, you seem to be solely looking to make waves.

If your goal is for members to "Hate you well" as you said, I think it has been acheived.

If your goal is to rage against strangers to vent some internal anger, I think you've done that as well.

If you are going to curse, people are going to view it as an attack on and disrespect towards the board which many of us love. If you're decided to be the Troll of HoP, that's unfortunate, just try not to look surprised by the reactions you get.

I am disappointed to see a member disrespect the board with offensive language and attacks. Reactions on HoP are generally linked with the actions that caused it. I am curious to see how you will act at this point.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
poiaholic dude i am way sorry, i just edited that last post i made, the last sentance was not aimed at you, it came out that way because of my dumb brain.
please dont feel that your post was un nessasary, i totaly agreed with the whole thing as i normaly do with all of your posts, i have a ot of respect for you and hope i allways will.

hugs to you all, but no doubt this topic will endevor to return with the influx of newbe members, so what can we do but spread love accross the board and keep peace as much as possible, i respect you all and love you all as much as much and my close friends here and that includes you fireboy.

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
no not attention seeking NYC.
i am sick of all the fake happyness, got dammit some be angry at anything , be angry at GW bush.

AHHHHHH

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
what fake happyness? care to point some out?

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
be angry at GW Bush? You obviously haven't been reading many of the other threads. Ahhhh well. probably for the best

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Jeez Roz, could you imagine fireboy and Raymund going head to head on one of the war threads.

PK no need to be sorry.I was actually concerned that you mistook my post and were disappointed that I would post something of the sort.I was just trying to better clarify my position.As I'm sure you are aware I have a great deal of respect for you as well.One of these days I'm gonna have to make a trip over to jolly old England so I can meet the master PK in person.

Page: