Page:
TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Just wondering if any of you lot have taken any leaps of faith, any chances in life, anything that has or would have changed your life, for better or worse.

I'm asking because I'm planning to, but more on that later smile wink ubbrollsmile ubblove ubblove ubblove

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
wow, sunbird... you are waxing sentimental... poetic, indeed... biggrin

well done for taking the leap, tinkle!! I've followed this thread thus far, without participating, cos I've been crap @ taking leaps of faith myself... a lil bit of inspiration never goes astray...

sparkler? yes, please... this place (work) could use a bit of livening up... tongue

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Not so much a leap as choosing a different and unknown path, and having the faith to see it to it's conclusion.

Spent far too long trying to change myself to fit in socially and develop relationships with others, when that's just something that isn't possible for me. I've got to accept that some things are for a different kind of person, and that I should accept isolation and the gifts that it has given me. I cannot leave this state as it's fundamental to who I am, so I'm just going to leave it to chance whether anyone will join me in isolation, instead of me trying to leave, which has been destroying me.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

Fire_Ferretnewbie
5 posts

Posted:
The last two year of travelling have taught me some very important lessons, but the one i find most empowering is the fact that i now know i can do anything, i can excell at whatever i want and i know i will be ok.

Take that leap of faith or just the leap and if you sink you will learn and if you swim you swim, it all turns out ok in the wash if you look at it in the right perspective.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
 Written by: BansheeCat

and LTC- so happy for you too! I thought you two were perfect from day one.

Woah!! Who are you? Did I meet you?

ubblol

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
hee hee I am not telling...lol

but there were a few private bets being made at Play wink

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Andrea!! alleries give all away... biggrin

Private bets?! umm

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
87wt2gxq7 are you going to Falmouth? It'd be nice to see you again, and you should totally do an alexander technique workshop smile just read a tiny bit about it, I'm really interested.

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
YES heaps of times; one involved taking my 2 year old to India to be with his dad... 6 months later he died... if Ihadn;t done it I would have spent my life regretting it.

This whole trip of mine to Europe has been another.. done on borrowed money, abandoning my house and daughter.. who I sent herself last year on a similar leap. I trusted my 14 year old daughter to be able to travel... now I trust her to look after the house. My leap of faith.. her great experience. And now we all feel so much free-er.

Once these possibilities are calling, you're already on your way...

oooh reminds me of a great bit of writing by Rilke, I'll dig it up..

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
It seems to me that almost all our sadnesses are moments of tension, which we feel as paralysis because we no longer hear our astonished emotions living. Because we are alone with the unfamiliar presence that has entered us; because everything we trust and are used to is for a moment taken away from us; because we stand in the midst of a transition where we cannot remain standing. That is why the sadness passes: the new presence inside us, the presence that has been added, has entered our heart, has gone into its innermost chamber and is no longer even there, - is already in our bloodstream. And we don't know what it was. We could easily be made to believe that nothing happened, and yet we have changed, as a house that a guest has entered changes. We can't say who has come, perhaps we will never know, but many signs indicate that the future enters us in this way in order to be transformed in us, long before it happens.

From Letter to a Young Poet, by Rainer Maria Rilke

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Oh yes, I'm a leaper. When I was hitchhkiking around the world (leap in itself) and was offered a lift on a yacht accross the Atlantic from South Africa to Brazil, I didn't hesitate long. Even if my plans were going to East Africa, five days later, I was on that yacht!

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hug ticklepants, i hope evrything works out better than you plan!

im currently in the basic initial stages of a change ubblol but im hoping if all works out then this time next year itll all be done! cant say much more than that wink

87wt2gxq7 did i meet you while drinking tea at play? i think it was the last day...?

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
last saturday i was running along an uneven wall, took a leap and sprained my ankle. does that count? smile

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
biggrin leaps of faith are great biggrin Scary as hell to begin with, but lukily mine has worked out really well biggrin

leaving London was the scariest thing I've done in a long time, but I'm so happy to have followed it through. 2 days before I due to leave I had some serious doubts redface

better to try and it not work out, than never change things and deal with the "what ifs"

Good luck Tink in Edinburgh - really hope it all works out for you.

grouphug

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ah i know you! biggrin

wow theres some wicked pics on there!

sorry offtopic ubbangel

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

PerrafordeBRONZE Member
Its Wet and Cold
120 posts

Posted:
Everyone has done so well with their leaps of faith.

Tinkle - You will love Edinburgh, I lived there for 15 months and loved every minute of it. It is a very beautiful city.

Oh Slothy. I may have been bad. I may have kept you chained up in that room but it was for your own good

Either I have a monster in my kitchen or I'm completely crazy

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
To dance on the edge of a cliff over the unknown is a truly brave thing, allowing fate/god/gods to guide your steps to safety while you simply enjoy the bliss of life is a truly beautiful thing, holding faith that even if things go wrong, you will remain yourself is a truly powerful thing to be able to do wink

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
sunbird - unless you post something normal soon, we're gonna have to start referring to you as yoda's soppy-ass cousin wink

hold on, now i'm totally confused: how come you've gone and deleted just about all the normal stuff you posted up till now?!

happy it seems to be working out for ya tink biggrin

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Jazzanewbie
8 posts

Posted:
I hate change- I used to have to be dragged backwards screaming by circumstances to change any thing. Recently though i have been working on just going for things and not worrying so much, and somethings don't work but more than half of the things I have tried do, and hey if it doesn't work you just jump someplace else. Its taken me to Thailand and India and I don't regret any of it. essentially yes if it seems right then go for it!

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm, Normal stuff gone you say? Normal's not the Jedi way! Rid yourself of past you must! ubbloco

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

Page: