Forums > Social Chat > Finding other fire circles...

Login/Join to Participate

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
As an old timer I certainly know how to use "Events and Gatherings" and the "Meet Others" and all of the other fun tricks on HoP.

My problem with "Meet others" is that I strongly believe that 90% of those people don't spin regularly and a good portion of them don't spin at all anymore.

The "Events and Gatherings" is only used when someone actively wants to promote an event. For example the UK posse is fabulous about posting events but many US cities don't promote as much or as efficiently.

I'm not really sure what I'm asking (which is rare for me so gimme a break )

Is there some other way/resource that I can find out who's spinning and where? I'd be up for a road trip once the snow thaws.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
go in search of the flame my friend.
could allways move to edinburgh with me have a good regular scene up there and some good talent!

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
um.... How do you make coloured flames?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
NYC

Why limit yourself to just the US?
Canada is only a couple hours past me with quite the scene.
Ohio has a small one.

And why do you need a whole scene? Why not just a few arbitrary people to meet up with? That is alot of fun, far more intimate and easier to get to know people in.
*shrug*

No, the databases others were/are going to use are not fully set up. Sorry, I can't help you there.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
I think work of mouth is the way to go. Of course, it's tough to *actively* search for anything by word of mouth. But still, I've found it quite amazing what I've learned about other fire circles in obscure places just by asking people who have travelled around...often, those people have spoken to other travellers, who spoken to other travellers, and so on.

Not sure if that's on topic or not, but like you said, NYC, it wasn't really clear what was being asked.

Come visit us! We're not far away and and we'd love to have you. We have a very friendly poi community that seems gets bigger each week. I'm just home from school for the week and I'm amazed at how much it has grown since I was last here.

AalatheaGOLD Member
80 posts

Posted:
just a suggestion, this might not be feasable for you though, but have you checked to see if universities in your area have juggling clubs? that's how we got a bunch of people together here, though its not exactly a huge crowd or anything.
i also found people by posting on a yahoo group called NE Poi. maybe there's something similar for the ny area?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hrmmm... Toronto is just under 500 miles. I could do that (And I certanly never did rule out Canada, Pele!) Ohio's not actally that much further, though in a very different direction.
I think I smell spring break road trip!

Oh, and to answer my own question. I think I'm looking for larger regular gatherings rather than individual spinners. For some reason, most regular gatherings aren't posted in the Events and Gatherings. I feel like we should have a spokes person from each reigon to let us know what, if anything, is happening.

I guess I'll pimp myself for spring break and see who bids the highest.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Oh, and thanks for the invite PK but I don't do drugs.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by NYC:
Oh, and thanks for the invite PK but I don't do drugs.

neither do i mate