JaiMember
52 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone.

At the end of this year i will be finished High School and want to travel and train more in circus skills. Im looking for any places that offer circus training, either short term or long term. And when i say circus training, i mean any sort of specialty of general training. In any states or countries. I am based in Melbourne Australia but as i said before i want to travel.

Thank you everyone.

Peace.

Jai.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Google is your friend. smile

Otherwise, since you want to travel. https://www.enc.qc.ca/en/school/profile.asp

Cheers!

Patrick

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
there are several great circus schools in the uk which offer proper qualifications in circus skills.

Circomedia this one i know offers a wide range of courses from a BTEC in circus skills to a teaching circus skills qualification

Circus space is one i know very little about other then it is uk based an is ment to be a a good circus school

there are also several other in the UK but those are the top two look them up on google.

If you need any help dont be afraid to ask.

Mike

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
NICA is in melbourne, you dont even have to travel for that!

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
ESAC in brussels is highly recommended...

There's one in berlin...

There's loads...

what sort of thing do you want to specialize in?

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Toronto School of Circus arts is really great for alot of the entry level work, then you would want to move on for any specializing you might want to do.

There are also schools in San Francisco and Seattle, but I do not know much about those.

I believe there is also one in Montreal,Canada...since that is where Cirque Du Soliel is headquartered.

Let us know where you end up!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
If you want an early taster of circus skills, there is a festival on in Launceston with intensive workshops in circus arts.

Lookeee here

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

JaiMember
52 posts

Posted:
I plan to train next year in different places around the world, then audition for NICA at the end of next year. I know that there are audtions soon but i just want some time to get out and see the world before another 3 years of training.

Im just looking at that circus festival. It looks like a heap of fun. Im thinking of going to Montreal Canada to do some training there but it is all very expensive. We will see how it all pans out.

Please keep the posts coming this is helping heaps. Especially if you know of any places in Australia.

Peace. ubbrollsmile

Jai

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I know Circus Oz does shortcourses based in Melbourne. Dont know if they do anything moe long term though.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Triptoemember
71 posts

Posted:
I've got a circusschool near me -Luxemburg/Europe!! Yay!! It's called Zaltimbanq and its also in belgium and france i think. There you can practice and meet new people weavesmiley juggle ubbloco cool

-I love goats and cheesecake-

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Gracee (ex FlameOz) is going to a circus school in China soon. They take adults from Western countires and give them training in skills as well as performance opportunities. I have met a couple of woman who have been there who say it is really good.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Have you thought about NICA in Melbourne?

smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

AimzfirelightSILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
Hey Jai
You should check out being a camp counsellor @ French Woods Performing Arts Camp in upstate NY...staff are organised through CCUSA. It has the biggest Circus Department. You will do your own training as well as teaching kids. Pretty good way to get your first steps overseas. It runs from June-September. Jump on the net for a look at the CCUSA and the camps websites.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Escuela nacional de circo in Rio de Janeiro offers free tuition. The Brazilian acrobats are among the most sought after, as they usually comprise more than three skills. The school is the only gov't financed in America (north and south)

The school is free of charge, and "externals" are welcomed after a test/ demonstration of skills to join in the afternoon.

Minimum stay should be about 3 months. English is spoken, but it's beneficial to know a roman language (italian, spanish, portuguese). Tuiton includes all (acrobatic) circus skills.

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Aimzfirelight

Hey Jai
You should check out being a camp counsellor @ French Woods Performing Arts Camp in upstate NY...

That is an excellent suggestion.
Knoxious took his firestaffs there in 1998 and never looked even back. There had great trainers and they were already building up their space heaps back then. Mind you the second year he went was a bit scary cos the kids had done heaps of practice (on top of the years of baton twirling) . Good inspiration to practice, being a "teacher" there! You work hard, but meet great people.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....