• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Posted:Excuse me if the thread exists, but my search didnt bring up such a topic.

Being apart of HoP, its pretty much a golden rule, all men and women... must.. love... balls... biggrin What kind do you like? what color is your favorite? Examples:

Aerotech poi? what color fades?

Flowtoy? which style - oggpoi? flowpoi? flowpoi duo? what colors?

HoP poi? (not sure if they specify as an aerotech) White? Red? Blue? Green? Hippie dippie rainbow?

Ultra poi? What color fabric?

What kind of fire poi? Monkey fist? Mura? Cathedral?

and then theres the classic one, Balls to head. The goal of those is to cause and emit as much pain as possible to your head. Resulting in a major headache, or a big lump if youre lucky and the possibility of brain damage/memory loss wink

What balls do YOU like?

"I don't know what you are talking about"

"Cardinal!!! Poke her... with the SOFT CUSIONS!!!!"

"Its not working my lord!"

"Have you got all of the stuffing on one end?!"

Delete Topic

coleman
SILVER Member since Aug 2002

coleman

big and good and broken

Total posts: 7330
Posted:i have lots of balls.

i guess you could say i'm i'm kind of a collector now.

blame drew.

this post could go on all day if i started talking about balls so to avoid that, i'll just go for describing my most anal use of said ball collection: my preferred poi golf set up smile

club: black underfilled fluozie 3" beanbag @ 180g
ball: white dube 3" stageball @ 130g

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Delete

_khan_
SILVER Member since Nov 2004

_khan_

old hand

Total posts: 768
Posted:Coleman, I know what you mean. The proliferation of balls in my living room has been quite scary. They've been like tribbles!

For poi, my favorites are these 2.5" diameter rubber balls they sell at my neighborhood hardware store. They're meant to be bouncy balls but they're great in socks.

I also like oggz in white socks. Really lovely.

I don't really spin fire much anymore, but for fire I prefer monkey fists.

My favorite single ball is a hot pink 4" babache stage ball. ubblove

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

Delete

_Poiboy_
GOLD Member since Jan 2004

_Poiboy_

bastard child of satan

Total posts: 1113
Posted: Written by: coleman

i have lots of balls.

i guess you could say i'm i'm kind of a collector now.

blame drew.

this post could go on all day if i started talking about balls so to avoid that, i'll just go for describing my most anal use of said ball collection: my preferred poi golf set up smile

club: black underfilled fluozie 3" beanbag @ 180g
ball: white dube 3" stageball @ 130g

cole. x

"balls" "anal" hehe ubbrollsmile

so i use cathedral fire poi
UV poi- red and white
hop poi- if we're talking about the same thing then the hippie rainbow colors

Delete

Muskelunge
GOLD Member since Oct 2005

Muskelunge

Total posts: 55
Posted:tennis balls

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Delete

lilith_in_london
SILVER Member since Jun 2005

Total posts: 149
Posted:i'm with muskelunge here smile tennis balls and socks are the most versatile poi. the balls hurt but it's worth it, the weight iis perfect... methinks juggling balls (135g) are a tad too heavy for comfort.

(that and they're cheap!)

c'est pas nous qui sommes la rue, c'est la rue ktanou!

1st official camden town (uk) meet 21st october! see the events bit

Delete

kash
GOLD Member since May 2006

kash

Dangerous cynic

Total posts: 166
Posted:I decided the other day that my tennis ball sock poi wern't heavy enough for practice (ideal for learning new stuff slowly though) as I nearly did myself a mischief through simple clumsyness when I was spinning my cathedral fire poi. The tennis balls weigh about 135g a pair and the cathedral poi weigh about 320g dry weight! So I made 2 resolutions. 1. To buy a set of practice fire poi (rolled wicks being lighter) and 2. To heavy up my sock poi.
I tried those rubber dog balls in my socks, but at 180g each they are a tad (!) heavy and painful. So instead I put 160g of chick peas (dried) into a freezer bag for each side. I'm absolutely loving these, they don't hurt when they hit (they deform) they are nice and heavy for conditioning and a comparable weight to the cathedrals.

Delete

[Nx?]
BRONZE Member since Mar 2017

[Nx?]

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3749
Posted:tennisballs, filled with sand, 200g.....

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Delete

Muskelunge
GOLD Member since Oct 2005

Muskelunge

Total posts: 55
Posted:I don't know. Now that I think about it, sock poi by their nature seem to go so much slower than other poi. They're ideal for learning things, but for working up and mastering moves? I'm not so sure.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Delete

Ange_GSC
SILVER Member since Aug 2005

Ange_GSC

HOP's glowstick ambassador!!

Total posts: 128
Posted:Im lazy and I usually just stick with tennis balls.

When I spin fire I prefer cathedral wicks.

missegyptology: "I just remember beingall off balance and unicycling really fast down to campus and the arabic was all blurred on the page"

^When Linz pulls an all nighter before Arabic class^

Delete

zamirii
BRONZE Member since May 2006

zamirii

Total posts: 44
Posted:I just added a couple heavy lead fishing weights to my tennis balls.. wanted a pair i could use for a heavier workout than the fluffy poi

Every Day I add another name to the list of people who piss me off

Delete

soldari

soldari

busy-tofu!

Total posts: 133
Posted: Written by: Muskelunge

I don't know. Now that I think about it, sock poi by their nature seem to go so much slower than other poi. They're ideal for learning things, but for working up and mastering moves? I'm not so sure.

why not? my sock poi are totally my favorite now.

it really depends what you spin. if you spin fire, then sure, you need to practice with your fire poi as every set of poi has it's own feel.

i use rice in a cellophane wrap as 'balls'. i find them extremely forgiving and you can weigh them just the way you want!
ubbrollsmile

there is no better way to say I love you than with the gift of a spatula!

Delete

spinningstarlet
SILVER Member since Aug 2006

spinningstarlet

enthusiast

Total posts: 271
Posted:i'm learning and practicing at the moment, and using tennis balls - however caught myself not only on the back of my head, but on my ear as well, which has six piercings in which was painfull!!

i'm wanting sock poi, and have the perfect socks for them, but i'm not sure what the best thing would be to weight them. rice/chick peas seem like the best bet after reading this...

might hit the supermarket later...!

Delete