Forums > Social Discussion > Stupidity or just Bad Luck?

Login/Join to Participate

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Just a quick discussion I felt like bringing up, although this thread will certainly embarass me and I'm sure it won't be many posts before many are laughing at me for my stupidity but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Last night at work (a bar for those who dont know where I work) I made the third of a big big stupid mistake which is pretty much causing the rumour at work that I'm a clumsy goit!

I don't know how many people here know much about changing beer barrels at a pub/bar but basically here's how the story goes last night really busy at work the Carling ran out so I ran down to the basement to change the barrel, something I do about 10 times a week or more so I'm pretty familiar with how to do it wink. So anyway more or less how you change a barrel is unplug the old one plug on the new one then you have to open a valve to send the pressure through to get the new beer into the pipes, that valve pumps beer though the pipes and out a small run off pipe that you normally havea bucket ready, the moment beer starts coming out you know the pressure is through so you can then turn the tap off and get back to work.

Well here's where last night buggered up! Basically I left the run off tap running....for about an hour, when I went back down there was Carling all over the cellar floor. Luckily my manager is ace and was just like its ok accidents happen. Now I'm sure I turned the valve off but no one else did anything so I guess it must have been me, how stupid!

To make the situation worse as I said earlier this was the third incident where my clumsyness has caused problems for the bar, While serving I've by accident broken a glass firdge door....twice. About a year ago, thena gain about 4 months ago, those fridge doors cost about £350 to fix so two fridge doors and now this beer pouring all over the place.
Seems like lots of clumsyness but I just seem to be having bad luck!

I was jsut curious on other peoples views on 'bad luck' or is it simply people not being careful enough etc

Now I wonder how many people will have a good laugh at what an idiot I am ubblol

Take it easy.

I'm off to work soon, lets hope I dont screw up again tonight ubblol

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Carelessness with the beer I'd say, not stupidity or clumsiness! I've left stuff too long at work because I got distracted, it happens! Only in my case it's easier to hide ubblol

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

milkajourneyman
89 posts

Posted:
Your boss must be someone veeeeery understanding biggrin

tillymoomember
107 posts

Posted:
i'm wondering how you broke a fridge door - *twice*??!! confused

as for the beer keg, i don't think it was stupidity - a combination of forgetfulness and bad luck. wink

i'm terrified of changing beer kegs - so many things you have to remember that have to be just right, and the consequences are never pretty if you get them wrong - like ending up with beer all over the floor! beerchug

"A Thnead's a fine thing that all people need"
Dr Suess

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Or, it could all be a conspiracy wink

Getting to the other side smile

dani_babybooSILVER Member
addict
667 posts

Posted:
if you had a manager like i had you would make no mistakes trust

sometimes a manger/ boss is hard because it makes you not make so many mistakes and in a way they do a good job

but it can be accidental especially with a pub full of thirsty people wanting carling black label (oops forgot its not black label anymore is it?)

anyway next time you change the keg do a double check just to make sure and peace of mind and get into a habit of always checking back on things smile always helps me

either that or someone sneakily did it

enticed, entrapped, entombed.
intoxicated, impaled, ingested.
bewitched, beaten, broken.
enter the love realm...
insert ur token

o jej, ale bym ci wylizal ten pepek

stepped up promotions

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Bad luck virus. Just need to wait for it to work its way through and hope its not a herpes virus

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Gnor

Bad luck virus. Just need to wait for it to work its way through and hope its not a herpes virus

Well its certainly not sexual magnetism virus wink

Well tonight went off without a hitch really which was quite good!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Bad luck is just a way of alleivating responsibility tongue

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Will being clumsy isnt being stupid.
you're not a stupid or a careless guy.
you are intelligent and thoughtful, I think you're just a tad clumsy (as am I). Either that or there's pixies messing with you xxx

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
i am going to go with clumsy and distractable.. if thats a word.
Your a fantastic guy young man but you do get distracted easily.
but we all ubblove you the way you are so i wouldn't worry about it. hug

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
i think your stupid

tongue

but seriouisly, were you swinging from the fridge or something? or was it part of your flairing?

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
at my old work i accidentally left a huge tapped container of dich washing detergent running in the cleaning closet and then one of the waitresses said "umm, is there meant to be blue goo running out from under the door?". i felt like a total idiot, but luckily my mate who worked at the same place had done it before so it was ok, just very embarassing.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

TabtI Doubt, Therefore I Might Be
1,007 posts

Posted:
at the pub i work at we blame everything on one of the ghosts.

they even had to wall off half of the cellar because the down there was getting scary.

so...maybe you have one fo those?

or maybe...like me you are just clumsy. biggrin

Owner of Dragosani's right side.

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Goblins.

Non-Https Image Link

ubblol

But really.. hmm. Don't know.. Homework perhaps?

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
dude, only three incidents in a year? i'd call that good luck myself...

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

TabtI Doubt, Therefore I Might Be
1,007 posts

Posted:
yay i love brian froud!

id be happy to have of those things causing me mischeif... smile

oh and i broke a barrell yesterday. rolleyes

beer whent everywhere, tres messy!

perhaps its catching...

Owner of Dragosani's right side.