sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
ok, so ive searched loads and cant find anything on this -

Obviously poi and meteor both have different tricks / possibilities, but ive been thinking if there were a way to link your (long)poi together at the handles easily during a spin to do some meteor tricks and then disconnect back into poi, all as seemlessly as possible (maybe to completely confuse the audience??).

ive thought about hooks, clips etc, but dont want to modify my poi, maybe just add something to the handle connection.

any ideas? has this been discussed before?

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Buttons, and yes it has been discussed before but I can't find the thread for the life of me. The basic idea has largish buttons in place of poi handles which magically lock together to turn your poi into a meteor, and come apart easily to revert back to poi.

I've been meaning to try this, just as soon as ( or at this rate,,,if ) I get reasonably competent with a meteor

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
well, since th last post ive given it a go,
i used a standard clip of a rucksack to try it out.
i took of my fingerloops and replaced them with the clips which are big enough to hold, and its pretty easy to connect/disconnect during butterfly and corkscrew,
it works a treat! all i need to do is find something more stable...........
what do you mean by buttons?

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"