Forums > Social Chat > Ibiza people i need your help!

Login/Join to Participate

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
Urgent help needed I’m flying out to Ibiza tomorrow but because of the problems with the terror attacks I don’t think I will be able to get away with taking my fire poi. Is there any were in Ibiza I can get fire poi? I have been looking forward to doing fire poi on the beach there for 6 months and would be devastated if I couldn’t do it there.

life is what you make it and what you want it to be

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
you should be ok as long as your wicks are bone dry, sealed and NOT in your hand luggage

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
Thats what I thought but they are being really funny about every thing at the mo

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
if it's packed and sealed, and if need be looked over by HM customs, i doubt you'll have a problem, make sure it's not in hand luggage and you have no fuel. it may take ages to clear but will be worth it

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
I had a few problems with mine one of the times i flew,

although now i detach the heads from the chains, and put them at opposite ends of my main luggage, just because a lot of people won't know what they are, and i was accused of carrying a dangerous weapon!

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
well I will have a go at taking them but if they take them away I will try n see if that hippie market sells them.
And maus what did they do about it when they stopped you?

DragosaniGOLD Member
sunset seadragon
679 posts

Posted:
I agree with Maus. If you detach wicks from chains from handles and you put everything in different sacks in your luggage, you should be allright. Oh, and do make sure they are dry. You can then tell that they are torches. No need to tell them that you swing them like a raving madwoman about your head.
Good luck !!!

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” - Oscar Wilde
Jointly owned by FreyaJ, Birgit and Aurinko

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
its ok they are bone dry as i have left them out in my shed for 2 weeks. and Thank you will let you all know when I put the picks up.