Page:
BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
If you still want to fly with all the terrorists about, you can sign up for a newsletter here:

https://www.activitybreakseurope.com/newsletter/?partner=BREAKSNL&view=email&pos=BANNER

If you can get 5 more people to sign up, you can have a free return flight (see conditions for dates and destinations and by what date you have to book, from what I've seen it's not too bad... needs to be to/from the UK though).

Hope this doesn't offend anyone as spamming/advertising, if it does go and shout at me smile

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
As someone who's flown Ryanair... A free Ryanair flight may seem a bit overpriced.

wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: NYC

As someone who's flown Ryanair... A free Ryanair flight may seem a bit overpriced.

wink

Ooo ooo ooo! Yeah man! They suck!

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
well, don't sign up then tongue

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I wouldnt do a budget airline, ide rather fly british airways or something. I saw a programme on budget airlines (I think this one was ryanair actually) and you basicly get what you pay for...which is f*ck all with those budget airlines, they dont clean the plains, they dont check for strange packages, all there plaines have a 30 min turn over so they cant even be inspected for damage. The staff are overworked, and undertrained, they dont even do full security checks on employees. They should be better regulated its so irrisponsible to allow these clowns to be in buisness.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

10,530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Brit_Joe

I wouldnt do a budget airline, ide rather fly british airways or something. I saw a programme on budget airlines (I think this one was ryanair actually) and you basicly get what you pay for...which is f*ck all with those budget airlines, they dont clean the plains, they dont check for strange packages, all there plaines have a 30 min turn over so they cant even be inspected for damage. The staff are overworked, and undertrained, they dont even do full security checks on employees. They should be better regulated its so irrisponsible to allow these clowns to be in buisness.

Whilst RYanAir may suck completly, it certainly is a much cheaper way of getting to Ireland thatn say, flying BA. To be fair, I wouldn't fork out so much cash for BA if I could get something that is pretty much just a flying train.

For long distance, you wouldn't get me on one for any amount of money (probably not strictly true), but for short distance, its a much better idea.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
My roommate swears ryanair smells like potatoes. Thankfully he is irish (and oddly, named ryan) so we don't have to smack him as hard for that one.

This is also funny because his supervoisor always confuses him (an irish-looking boy named Ryan with an irish last name) with some Pakistani boy named /oues/ with an equally interesting last name. Now, as he put it, I'm all for multiculturalism, but if you were going to guess.... who's names do you think really belong with which person?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Well having travelled to Germany with Ryanair, Germanwings, BA and Lufthansa/British Midlands, I have to say that Germanwings lead at being on time, followed by Ryanair and then the expensive ones. Neither fly between Scotland and Stuttgart, so it doesn't make a difference if I take a train from the far-off cheap airports, or get a connection flight (which in 4 out of 6 cases I didn't catch because BA were late). The cheap ones have never lost my luggage either.

Do I care if there's no free newspaper? Not really. Do I care if I don't get an icky sandwich and a tiny can of coke for free? No.

Long-distance I wouldn't want to do on them either though...

ah well, I really didn't want this to turn into a debate on whether to fly with them or not, just thought it might help out people with a budget who might want to go to a meet or on holidays! Thanks NYC tongue hug

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Captain_Hi_TopBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
did anyone watch the news today?

Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw
a revolver at him?

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
ryanair seem to fly to really weird places about an hour away from where you actually want to be... at least to places i want to be. i like easyjet because it's orange, and the cabin crews nearly always wet themselves laughin every time they have to do the silly announcements about duty free on board today... you get what you pay for, but for a 2 hour flight, it hardly matters.

Although remember people, airplanes make lots of pollution, don't go crazy smile

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

daizeSILVER Member
175 posts

Posted:
Don't fly at all!!

1.496 tonnes of carbon is what a flight emits in a flight lasting less than eight miles.

1,643 posts

Posted:
very true daize. better to not fly at all, even if it is free.

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Why do hoppers have to turn everything into a debate about principles? frown rolleyes

Next time I'll find something I think might be useful for some people on here I'll send them pms instead!

And daize, sorry but I don't quite understand what your post means... a flight (plane?) emits the CO2 in a flight lasting less than 8 miles? Who'd fly less than 8 miles!

(G.W. Dahlquist)

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
 Written by:

... you get what you pay for, but for a 2 hour flight, it hardly matters.

Of course it matters, it only takes a few seconds for something to go boom mid air.

Sorry Birgit *bites tounge* tongue

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

10,530 posts

Posted:
...nothings going to go boom mid-air!

They have exactly the same security checks as everyone else. Silly. Otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to fly.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
You odviously didnt watch 'Dispatches Ryanair: Caught Napping'

https://www.channel4.com/news/microsites/R/ryanair_caught_napping/

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
I don't doubt it has shortcomings. But if everything really was as bad as channel 4 (otherwise known for reality tv and the Simpsons) pictures it, there are about a dozen "big" airlines who'd jump at the chance of getting rid of them and I'm sure they'd sue immediately!

And let's be honest, bad attitudes of flight attendants towards passengers have been published before Ryanair was even founded.

(G.W. Dahlquist)

10,530 posts

Posted:
Not to mention the fact that 4 documentaries love the whole shock factor thing... one of the reasons why I don't watch TV anymore...w ho knows whats been orchestrated or exagerated... shrug

All I know is, I've flwon RyanAir a few times, and I haven't been blown up... then again, that's not to say that it won't happen...

dani_babybooSILVER Member
addict
667 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Brit_Joe

i think you willl find its statatory to do checks on planes they have to by law check for packages otherwise they would not be allowecd to let people board the plane

also they must be clean to a standard so you cant say they just dont clean there planes otherwise under health and safety provisions they would have been shut down.

they have to be checked over between every flight for damage and im pretty sure that depending on what airport they are taking off from the checks and security checks of the plane would be done by airpor security trained in it not by ryanair staff anyway.

and all staff have to have full security checks

somehow blowing it all out of proportion isnt going to help
these procedures have to be put into place otherwise the airline would not be allowed to run.

same as any foreign airway such as maybe middle eastern ones would still have full security checks on entry to our country and before departure ect.
its procedure.

they might not be the cleanest or comfiest but they do have to be to a certain standard

enticed, entrapped, entombed.
intoxicated, impaled, ingested.
bewitched, beaten, broken.
enter the love realm...
insert ur token

o jej, ale bym ci wylizal ten pepek

stepped up promotions

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
You dont seem to have even read the posts, or looked at the link.

Written by:

Ryanair was founded in 1985 by Irish businessman Tony Ryan. It is Europe's largest low-cost carrier, operating 270 low-fare routes to 21 European countries.

Two Dispatches undercover reporters spent five months secretly filming Ryanair's training programme and onboard flights as members of the cabin crew . The reporters reveal what really takes place behind the scenes: inadequate safety and security checks, dirty planes, exhausted cabin crew and pilots complaining about the number of hours they have to fly. And watch Ryanair staff speaking frankly about their experiences and attitudes towards passengers.

Infact you can watch it here and see how shocking it was, on youtube.

hotels have to reach a level of security standards (fire saftey, broken handrails on flights of stairs ect), and cleanliness (coackraches in beds, blocked toilets, showers not cleaned, customers getting food poisoning and being rushed to hosptial) yet how many 'Hotels from Hell' programmes are shown every year showing they do get away with it, and it happens all the time.

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
I did look at the link, but it didn't actually specify anything they found, Joe! So what happened? Were they made to tighten up, or pay a fine? And if not, why not?

(G.W. Dahlquist)

daizeSILVER Member
175 posts

Posted:
I used that figure because it relates better with people. We make 8 mile journeys far more regularly.

Edit: But, I'm sorry for taking it a little too seriously. frown

Lowers head.
EDITED_BY: daize (1155325417)

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
thanks for trying Birgit biggrin

hug

Getting to the other side smile

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Birgit

Why do hoppers have to turn everything into a debate about principles? frown rolleyes

Next time I'll find something I think might be useful for some people on here I'll send them pms instead!

And daize, sorry but I don't quite understand what your post means... a flight (plane?) emits the CO2 in a flight lasting less than 8 miles? Who'd fly less than 8 miles!

There there, Don't feel bad. I am sure you meant well for all of us. Most people are against the concept of flying which is valid. You want to spread bargain with your fellow Hoppers and thats admirable too. I bet if I post on HoP that a major corprate fast food chain is giving away free food, i will be burned at a stake. biggrin

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
I don't feel bad, just annoyed... I trust most HoPpers to be informed and intelligent enough to make an educated decision about whether they want to fly or not and what the consequences are, and whether they want to fly with a low fares airline or not. If I'd wanted a discussion guess where I would've put this up wink

It's not a personal thing, just the general "not much can be said on HoP, no matter how good the intention, without someone, or usually a bunch of people, making an issue out of it" shrug

But I doubt that most people are against flying, giving the meets I've been to and how people got there ubblol

I'm sure you're right about the fast food thing, although you'd think they'd do the opposite and spread the word among all poor and homeless people so that a. they get free food, and b. the company possibly loses some money in it wink But that would be DOING someting, and criticising is easier.

(G.W. Dahlquist)

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
I suppose the good thing about an internet forum is that you always get a two sided story to a topic. In a way, I am glad that Brit_Joe posted up that video coz it is indeed quite informative on RyanAir's policy. However, I also understand that things can be picked out to emphasis a point (eg you can nit pick at anything by showing biased informations).

To be honest, this sounds a bit like a pyramid scheme to me. People who need to get somewhere cheap will no doubt take advantage of it but there will obviously be people who are against the concept of flight and RyanAir's operating policy.

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Lowan

To be honest, this sounds a bit like a pyramid scheme to me. People who need to get somewhere cheap will no doubt take advantage of it but there will obviously be people who are against the concept of flight and RyanAir's operating policy.

Oh, sure, that's fine... I don't want to change anyone's opinion! Just wanted to let people know that the offer's around, you see. If I posted on all the threads that are about things I'm against I'd never get any work done wink

As for the pyramid scheme, I've not bothered any of my friends with it, just used all the email addresses I have at uni and hotmail and wherever else you pick them up wink And so far I haven't been bothered with a single email on any of those accounts, which to be fair is quite surprising.

(G.W. Dahlquist)

dani_babybooSILVER Member
addict
667 posts

Posted:
i did read links but as birgit said there is no concrete evidence and if it was all true surely there would have been a big investigation on it and with all thats going on it would have been big news

media you cant trust it

enticed, entrapped, entombed.
intoxicated, impaled, ingested.
bewitched, beaten, broken.
enter the love realm...
insert ur token

o jej, ale bym ci wylizal ten pepek

stepped up promotions

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:

As for the pyramid scheme, I've not bothered any of my friends with it, just used all the email addresses I have at uni and hotmail and wherever else you pick them up wink And so far I haven't been bothered with a single email on any of those accounts, which to be fair is quite surprising.

You are a bad bad person! biggrin

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Such a rebel, eh! I even thought of taking home one of the pens that say "do not remove" at uni recently! ubblol

(no, my life is not all sad really! biggrin)

(G.W. Dahlquist)

1,643 posts

Posted:

Sorry Birgit, it was a useful thing to post and after reading the beginnings of a debate ryanair vs BA, i thought out loud and forgot what the post was started for... redface

Thing is a free ryanair flight would be really handy in a month or so except that i'm making a DVD so I have to take a camcorder with me, and looks increasingly unlikely i'd be able to do that on a plane anyway. Got any links for free ferries? smile

Page: