Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I was just wondering what everyone's earliest memory is.

Mine is quite amusing (i think).

I had sliced my little finger on my right hand open when I was about 2. It was hanging by a thread and I had to go to emergency at the hopsital for stitches. Unfortunately, my right hand was my thumb-sucking hand, and my little finger didnt hurt me in the slightest...as long as i could still suck my thumb!

So while the doctor tried to stitch my finger up, i kept trying to suck my thumb. my parents convinced me to suck my left thumb, but my left thumb didn't do it for me, and i kept sucking my right thumb. My father and the doctor tried to hold down my right arm so i wouldn't suck it, but i was SO strong, i resisted both of them! i just kept crying and crying because they were trying to take my thumb away from me!

in the end, even thought i was overpowering the doctor and my father, i decided to let them have my right hand so they didn't feel bad.

and such is my first memory! biggrin

anyone elses!?

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
My earliest memory was REALLY early, but I don't know what the next was.

I was in the bath on this little baby bath chair that my mom had being washed by her and shrieking my head off.

That's all I know.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
yeah, i have some bath memories. but i dont know if they are real memories, or ones i have reconstructed from photos.

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

ArnwynSILVER Member
old hand
1,065 posts

Posted:
ubblol You're a strange one Rougie...

And Doc, that's disturbing... hug

My earliest memory... well it's kind gross really, but I remember giggling myself silly...

I grew up in the country and we raised chickens, to eat... well I remember vividly watching dad cutting of the chickens head to give to mum to prepare, and watching the beak and eyes still moving on the chopping block, then somehow the body got let go and it was running around the yard... headless... was most amusing to a 4 year old.... ubblol still kinda is now! Oooh, is that terrible or what?

L&L
The Fairy God Mother
~*~

" i just now need some other unsuspecting suckers to say something... " ~Rouge Dragon

"that wink was a nice one not a im going to thrust at you wink" ~Brettstar

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
EW! EWEWEWEWEWEW!!!

oh jean that is GROSS!!!!

my earliest memory involving chickens was throwing unripe berries at them! ubblol

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I have two.

The first is having a bath in a freezing cold bloody hand basin in my house. It was all shadowy and I couldnt see very well. must have been about 6 months I reckon

then at about 18 months I remeber feeding the duckies at the park in Masterton in New Zealand. and I had a stoopid bonnet thing on that I kept ripping off my head smile

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
My earliest memory is quite a disturbing one, watching the film predator in my gradnama's house after I had snuck into the living room to watch it on tv, must have been about 3 or 4, only remember the bit where the blokes were being skinned, urgh, nice first memory ey!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

ArnwynSILVER Member
old hand
1,065 posts

Posted:
Will.. thanks for making me feel better about my beheaded chicken memory... hug

L&L
The Fairy God Mother
~*~

" i just now need some other unsuspecting suckers to say something... " ~Rouge Dragon

"that wink was a nice one not a im going to thrust at you wink" ~Brettstar

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
BTW, I was less than a year old at the time. Odd, huh?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
I must've been nearly 2, and I remember my gran cooking smile She died when I was 8, so it's good that my first memory is about her. She was making something with brussels sprouts, and I remember liking them, too! EWWWWW!

That's why I know it's before I turned 2, because shortly after my 2nd birthday I stopped eating them ubblol

I think I remember being at the shop and buying them, too, but that's even more hazey!

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
swimming down a long dark tunnel.... wink um falmouth I think ...last year. biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Im not sure whether mine are real or contructed from oral stories and pics.

I am playing with a pig, maybe 3ish years old.

You guys who remember earlier must have really crowded headspace. I think I must have crowded head as I cant remember stuff

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I remember lots of stuff but with no reference point I don't know how old I was...

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Pulling off my Grandad's wig when my mum carried me past the back of his chair. Must have been 2 or 3.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
i remember things but the best one that as a guideline is from when my brother was being born when i would've been exactly 1 yr and 11 months and 2 weeks old. I specifically remember the jacket i was wearing it was dark green with square pockets, and i also remember that my mum had a box of ferrero rocher and I wanted one. Strangely i don't really remember my brother as a baby, but i know that's when it was because the nurse gave me a sick tray to go home with in case i was sick, and then i played with lego at my nan's house... my mum disputes this memory and says she didn't have ferrero rocher but i wouldn't make up a story about something so serious as chocolate...! The sick tray is confirmed by more than one person, the green jacket no-one is sure about except me. but given that my brother was being born at the time, presumably everyone was more preoccupied with other things. smile

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
hmmm... I don't remember having a bath as a child @ all... does that mean I didn't bath @ all? ewww...

my earliest memory is of building stuff out of lego, when I was I guess 2-3... and playing chess with dad, also when I was 3... odd, cos I can barely play chess now, but I could back then...? confused

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mynci

I remember lots of stuff but with no reference point I don't know how old I was...

Ditto!

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

dani_babybooSILVER Member
addict
667 posts

Posted:
im ashamed to say i have no memories really of my childhood

i remember my friend who died when i was 8 and we played in the garden together as she lived next door but thats it. i have none before that and very few after that till when i was in final years of secondry school.

enticed, entrapped, entombed.
intoxicated, impaled, ingested.
bewitched, beaten, broken.
enter the love realm...
insert ur token

o jej, ale bym ci wylizal ten pepek

stepped up promotions

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
I remember seeing fields out of the aeroplane window as we came in to land after flying from Sydney to Heathrow, I would have been about 2. Then I remember a boy at kindy with a permanatly snotty nose (and from the picture on Friends Reunited, he's not changed much).

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Me and my sister had this collection of badges in a wicker basket thing with a lid..
I was wearing one of those all in one jump suit things (god love the 90's rolleyes*
And I put everysingle badge on my jumpsuit - must have been about 40 in total. Ranging from 'Happy 3rd birthday' to 'Welcome to the CareBear show'.
I remember feeling well pimp biggrin ubblol
Then I went downstairs to show mum, and was greeted by fits of laughter.
I msut have been about 4 or 5 at the time..

Besides that I remember having a bath with my sister, and throwing a massive tantrum about something or another..
I wanted out of the bath, mum wouldnt let me out of the bath.
My dad took a picture of it ubblol
My sister sitting in the bath quite happily playing with a rubber duck, me standing up in the bath face red from screaming, fists clenched and mouth open mid scream ubblol
I was 4?

Also cutting my armpit on a window ledge in a block of flats in germany.
Don't remember actually cutting it, but I remember the sons of the people who we were staying with, staring at it as my mum mopped up the blood going "Sheisse!".

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
I was two years old and at night, there was a shadow of a cowboy on the wall that kept pushing me out of bed. And it was real, it wasn't a dream!

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

lauz the caterpillagoddess of all things slimey and an interchangeable insect!
2,443 posts

Posted:
i had a memory and asked my parents about it to find out my age and it turns out that i was 2, i remember going down the slide at white post farm with my step grandad of late.
tis a very nice earliest memory biggrin

Shhhhhh! the boobies are trying to sleep.
owner and the property of noddy.
*i was a caterpilla last night wink* - libby_tuesday