GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
Which is more technical, spinning fire, socks or glowsticks?

Im asking this because ive recently been using all of them (fire only a few times) and glowsticks can do different things to fire/sock and vise versa.

For example with fire, sock and glow a bit you can do stalls and with glowsticks you cant really. However you can do more things like string manipulations and many different wraps with glowsticks. Sock/fire feels more 'clumsy' after using sticks for a while but then sticks feel flimsy after using sock/fire.

Which do you think is more technical. (Oh, I still do flowers with glowsticks)

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
What does technical mean anyway?

oh hang on... [Old link] wink

In this case, by my definition of technical:

the "most technical" prop to do a trick with will be the hardest.

So the most tech-y prop of the three for doing clean stalls would be glowsticks. Although with a bit of string would be even more tech-y

or possibly you mean which is the easiest prop for doing the tricks currently defined as "technical"

(so i'd say that'd probably be isolation, tangles, antispin, throws, wibbling and body contorting stuff)

for that one, i'd say socks (or more specifically - Cone poi)

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Does it matter?

3,149 posts

Posted:
umm, maybe not to you... shrug

Does anything to do with poi matter?

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
precisely.

Do sticks instead.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

TheApprovingNinjaFrom the Ashes of a Ninja Rise THE HIPS OF RAGE
371 posts

Posted:
served

Viva UGLY STAFF

3,149 posts

Posted:
oh yeah, cos waving sticks about while doing silly dances is gonna eradicate poverty and bring about world peace... rolleyes

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
no, dude, my hair is gonna bring about world peace. The staffs are going to disarm the worlds nuclear powers.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
99% of all moves can be done with any type of poi weather its chain, string, sock, fire, weight, or stick... By the same token, you can get just as technical with either tool as well. Yes, each type has its strong and weak points and so people tend to get more technical in one area with certain types of poi, however, I wouldnt say any of them are "more technical" than another.

But, to give as much answer as I can to this question, Im going to say that fire is the overall hardest type to use so therefore may be considered the most technical - though, not really in the sense that you're asking about.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me