peggalicousmember
26 posts

Posted:
srry bout the new post but I searched for anything related but didnt see anything...

my question is.. does anyone out there besides myself have a tremor.. mine is benign femural trems aka essential trems.. Im asking because poi spinning really messes with my legs..I start to vibe hard when i stand too long.. cant bend the knees for long as that enhances the trems.. lol so i suck at golf too :-( nor can I stand straight for long without my legs starting to get all tarded on me.. once started it radiates up to my arms and i bash myself lol.. ive adjusted stance alot and it all works for short bits but then bonk..i cant wait to have some basics down so I can start to try and move as I think this may solve some of my problems... just intrested to know if anyone else has the same problem and how did you cope?.. ooo and my nuroligist says im a certified spaz lol goooo me ubbrollsmile

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
Hmm, not experienced anything like that myself but what about if you shifted your weight between your feet while you spin? I do that quite a lot anyway if you exaggerated this maybe it would help? Beyond that as you say it might help when you can move more while spinning.

Probably not much help but was all I could come up with

Motley

peggalicousmember
26 posts

Posted:
I do that now.. its a nurolicical however u spell that.. glitch I was born with.. my fine motor skills are fried more then I am.. i'll just bash myself alot till I figure it out and show my mum what im doing so she dosent think someone is beating on me lol spank

Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
So... I tried your profile, but I can't see if you're a guy or a girl. If you're a guy, please totally ignore the rest of this post. If you're a girl, read on!

When I'm really practicing poi, I hate to say it, I stiffen up when I'm trying to perfect moves, much to the chagrin of Havocangel, who believes you should move around a lot. Therefore, I can't really talk as much on poi as when I play with any of my other toys.

But, alas, I have a bad knee. I smashed it in a horseback riding accident and ended up with torn cartiledge in my left knee. So, I feel your pain on the "I can't still for too long" subject. However, moving from side to side and doing a two-step will balance your weight off on both your legs. And it works really nicely to add a little bit of a dip in between motions. Think sexxy gothic two step, minus the occasional drag off of a clove cigarette (*it's hard to poi and smoke, really hard).

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Can you dance?...if you can try it with poi.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

peggalicousmember
26 posts

Posted:
I can dance about as well as a 1 handed gnome can knit lol

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Hey, another dance challenged poi spinner biggrin

Try thinking Tai Chi, rather than dance.

peggalicousmember
26 posts

Posted:
man i can hardly tai my own shoes lol.. its more then a challenge.. i think its a genetic flaw

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Try Chai tea then.. ubbrollsmile

I think that after you have been spinning for a while, the shaking will subside. Spinning is good for your health so it is.... weavesmiley

422 posts

Posted:
 Written by:

I can dance about as well as a 1 handed gnome can knit lol

..... I'm telling you, gothic two-step!

peggalicousmember
26 posts

Posted:
pls tell me what a gothic 2 step is ?... ohh and I am female lol

UCOF ,,, mmmm tea of anykind.. my shakes are not spin related but are a genetic snafu.. they never ever go away just get worse in some circumstances.. slow movement things like ti chi and yoga and pliates all are harder for me.. as is the bent leg postition in golf and batting baseball. it isnt just my legs affected it is my entire body but it seems that spinning keeps my arms moving enough that it isnt too affected untill my legs go gimpy. I've learned to go with the flow.. literaly and before you tell me to spin faster then lol.. i better have a medic handy

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
oh no no no, you dont want to be doing all that spinning faster nonsence. Slowly is the way forwards. weavesmiley

Try spinning with cannonballs in socks ubbrollsmile

422 posts

Posted:
 Written by: peggalicous

pls tell me what a gothic 2 step is ?... ohh and I am female lol

*giggle*

Sorry. I sometimes forget that jokes from here don't travel cross the Atlantic all that well on the occasion.

GOTHY DANCE LESSONS!!!!!
..... for all who care.

Lesson 1: The Gothic Two-Step
Ready? Follow closely, because this lesson moves really fast!

a.) Take one step to the left.
b.) Mope.
c.) Take one step to the right.
d.) Take a drag off your black clove cigarette.
e.) Repeat.

..... doing any form of a two step can help balance your weight between your legs and keep you from standing still and putting too much stress on your joints. It's super easy to learn and rather easy to slightly vary using a subtle dipping of your hips in time with either music, or the beating of your poi swings. And my advice is actually quite the opposite of what you might be thinking as per poi speed. Slow it down! Get sensual with your poi! And have fun!

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
There are meds fore this klonopin or xanax or some other benzodiazepine might help there are also specific RLS meds good luck on getting rid of the tremors they are really nasty creatures that live under ground (lol) just kidding. try massage too angel

the Only good way to quit smoking is to cut your arms off, but then how would you drink coffee?

peggalicousmember
26 posts

Posted:
oooooo weeeeeeeeeeee I can do that dance lol maybe .. anytime I try stepping to the side I soundly wack my leg with the poi.. front to back works ok if im ouside lol...

fire.. the only meds I know of are not specific to trems but things like high blood pressure meds or beta blockers.. and they come with some side effects well worse then the trems frown.. i'll give those a lookie see on the net and see whats what before I go back to the nuroligist.. The one he said would have the best effect with least amount of side effect made me ill.. it's hard to work and figure out all this charming side effect stuffs.. ive pretty much given up with it and decided to go with the flow literaly lol

peggalicousmember
26 posts

Posted:
ooo i took a lookie see and there lumping that in with Clonazepam.. of which i randomly take for anxiety.. ya lol that stops the trems lol but kicks my a$$ right fine to sleep that is lol oo take 2 of these and fight it off as long as you ca..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz lol

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
Kathain_Bowen , is the gothic 2 step thing from southpark? if so i loved that episode.

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
just take some day-quill to balance it out

the Only good way to quit smoking is to cut your arms off, but then how would you drink coffee?